All either have good game IP or game that can become better

Snoy
>Buys Bungie
>literally all they have is Destiny and Marathon
>games either no one gives a shit or hasnt been good in years
>Halo IP is still with Xbox
>anyone who had apart in making Halo left along time ago
is this really the best snoy could have done? they're finished
They should have fucking bought Konami with that money, atleast they have good fucking IPs, god snoy is fucking brain dead

Attached: '.png (956x511, 60.19K)

Why do so many people want them to buy Konami? Konami is fucking shit

The people who are managing Konami are a bunch of dipshit jap boomers who have no idea what they're doing
BUT
they have IPs like Contra, Castlevania, Bomberman, Silent Hill, and fucking Metal Gear that they're just sitting on making 0 games and instead just making pinball machines.

Only that much? That's close to how much Microsoft bought Minecraft off Notch for.

Konami doesn't have an active game dev studio that can actually make a AAA game or any game that isn't low effort arcade/mobile trash. there's no real value.

you're paying for a bunch of dead IPs and the eFootball team, you can wait 5 to 10 years when Konami has exhausted their IPs on gambling machine and eechi merch and scoop them up for under 100 mil.

New Marathon would be cool but its not happening.

Attached: 1374183995221.gif (499x377, 458.39K)

Whatever happened to Spyro? Why must these giant corporations gobble up great franchises and do nothing with them?

Attached: 1581033515_ddpuoj2-aa80c859-a012-42fb-88b8-545173dfd11c.png (1002x1056, 579.96K)

To be honest I personally am more excited for a Sony made Oni rather than Destiny or Marathon. What company actually owns Oni?

>That's close to how much Microsoft bought Minecraft off Notch for.
It's more. Microsoft only paid $2.6 billion for Mojang and Minecraft when the latter was one of the biggest games on the planet. Sony paid a billion more for NuBungie and Destiny.

Honestly I think the Bungie purchase was to lockdown Destiny for Project Spartacus. Sony doesn't have any major multiplayer game on their system and needed something to entice people to join Project Spartacus if Sony is unwilling to put their exclusives on it day one. Destiny will up the production of expansions and those expansions will be free on Playstation's GaaS, but everyone else will have to pay, and will get the expansions late.

activison did make a remake of the first three. might make another one soon

minecraft is the biggest game of all time

They're banking on Bungie being able to provide a games as a service title, but just hopefully not be a trainwreck like destiny...

OP is an idiot as if the 2 purchases are the same or Sony is going to stop buying more companies in the future. Sony didnt blow its load like Microsoft did.

Activision / Blizzard = 70 BILLION
Bungie = $3 BILLION

What is the OP going to say next when Sony buys Capcom next ???????????

Attached: nt0vp2nnCZ1spsojg_400.jpg (373x550, 32.55K)

>wastes 3B on a dead company
>Uhhh uhg Snoy is gonna buy more just you wait ehehh snoy is will win!!1

Konami has other business like gyms, spas and other shit
They are done with games but not as a company. They wont sell their IPs without need (although in 10 years they wont have any value since the kids wont know WTF is a Castlevania or Silent Hill)

That was 3 years ago, and there hasn't been any news of a new release. The remake was remarkably good (given how often remakes are cheap cash grabs) but I want to see new content too because I'm frankly sick of remakes.

Activision relegated the three companies that they would of put on it as support studios for CoD and Blizzard (Beenox, Toys for Bob and Vicarious Visions). Unless there is some third party deal they made, Activision most likely isn't working on it, but I have higher hopes Microsoft might. Since they have said they want more kid games on their system.

Sony doesn’t have the deep pockets that Microsoft has. Square Enix and Take Two would require more than 5 billion each. They’ll likely require some small studios after this big acquisition by their standards.

Sony = 138 billion
Microsoft = 2.305 trillion

70 billion/2.305 trillion = 0.3%
3 billion / 138 billion= 0.2%

I'd say the purchases are pretty similar when you consider the purchasing power of the companies involved.

What MS wants is more COD, thats why they bought Activision
Dont tell me you believe that bullshit about Spencer loving Hexen?

>Uncle Phil buys a bunch of dead IP he'll keep dead
>Snoy buy a studio that clowns on 404i all year every year
Another tough day for Xbox cucks

Dont worry sonybros.
Sony is transitioning away from childish games and the putting all their R&D money into AI powered gastonomy.
Thats going to be the real money maker.

PFFFFFFFT HHAHA
SNOYS ARE FUCKING MAKING SHIT UP TO COPE NOW

Attached: Screenshot_17.png (437x340, 172.29K)

No I buy that it makes sense with gamepass goals. Call of Duty overlaps with the Halo, Gears and Doom audience to some degree. CoD will bring in a lot of subscribers, but their is a huge swathe of people who would be disinterested in those titles. My guess is Microsoft want's it to be comparable to Netflix, and that means to some degree they want a Gamepass for Kids option parents can select and kids will beg for to increase subscriber numbers.

The value of Activision though makes it a way better purchase for Microsoft. In terms of new employees, both are equally worthless hacks with no talent and no vision, but Activision's library of IP is far, far more lucrative.

You are giving MS more credit than they deserve
They almost killed the Xbox for thinking the console had enough with Halo/Forza/Gears and they followed that line of thought for two gens

>The remake was remarkably good
No it wasn't.

Yeah, he'll really actually drag Hexen out of its grave, Xbox tranny. LOL.

>remake wasn't good
And? Thats only one game in their entire library
>destiny isn't good
That's their entire library, they literally have nothing else to fall back on
Snoys can't do basic math

for the ips duh.
maybe microshit will buy them

Sony is literally filled with brain dead retards for buying Destiny 2 for 3 billion
Its literally free on playstation

Attached: Screenshot_20220131-164445_Firefox.jpg (1440x2189, 569.54K)

>randomly sperging about Bungie or Sony in a reply chain that was only talking about Spyro
Take your pills.

lmao imagine paying 3billion burgers for a free game

Attached: u.jpg (565x600, 38.37K)

All the more reason to sell their IPs now while the still have a shred of worth, then. Or at least sell the trad game rights while retaining the right to make MGS pachinko machines or whatever.