EDF5

Is this game worth picking up for solo play? Its on sale on steam for half off. Does the game still have an active playerbase? Whats the deal with all the dlc

Attached: 1641744736222.jpg (616x353, 126.48K)

Are you a Soulsborne / Sekiro fan?

I dont see how that is related, but not particularly no.

I see.

>Is this game worth picking up for solo play?
Yes. It's intended to be played with people but it's still pretty fun solo; I spent most of my time with it playing solo in fact.
Still you shouldn't ignore the multiplayer.

>Does the game still have an active playerbase?
Yes but it's mostly asians. Still there are anons who play it so you can create a lobby and ask them to join if you want.

>Whats the deal with all the dlc
You can ignore it. Well, if you get bored with the game and want more challenging content you can buy the Mission packs later.

Alright, any general tips for the game? Also, i am still curious what like souls games has to do with the game. Is there somehow an overlap between the two?

Yes. Do it. No Question. No tips and tricks needed. Pick a class, and just start shooting.

>Is this game worth picking up for solo play? Its on sale on steam for half off.
It's decent fun, but co-op is where it's at because you can really synergize with your teammates' equipment and there's even some outright co-op specific toys to play with.

>Does the game still have an active playerbase?
There's still public matches around and sometimes EDF threads have someone make a Any Forums room.

>Whats the deal with all the dlc
Ignore the weapons and vehicles, they're all super early game stuff, though some have unique gimmicks and/or ridiculous paintjobs. The mission packs are ultra hard post-endgame stuff and come with a bunch of stupid powerful post-post-endgame weapons that you can only acquire by beating the levels on maximum difficulty. They also lack story and voice acting, which makes them feel like a shitty modpack, especially when compared to 4.1's mission packs which came with good quality story and VA written in the same vein as the main missions.

Honorable mention to the weeb decoys, stats wise they're very early game stuff but they'll serve you throughout the entire game for annoying the living shit out of your teammates, protip: you can stick them onto people as well.

Souls is completely unrelated to it; I just don't bother discussing videogames with someone who's a Soulsborne / Sekiro fan.

Tips: to be fair I only played Ranger so can't give you tips on the classes.
Every enemy drops boxes: the green boxes are weapon drops and the red boxes are health increases. Pick up all of them because otherwise you won't get new weapons and your health won't improve.
Experiment with all the weapons.
Shoot everything that moves
There is no such thing as fall damage so don't feel afraid if things get too hectic.
One of the earlier missions is pretty hard because the game spams a billion flying saucers and at that point you are still pretty fragile; if you find it very hard just hide between the buildings, peek, shoot, hide, repeat.

Find a bro for some couch co-op. It's a 7.5/10 solo but easily 10.5/10 with a bro.

get fucked i suppose cause im a big souls fan lmao. thanks for the info anyway

1. You aren't OP
2. You won't enjoy the game so the info is worthless to you.

>with a bro.
You don't even need to know anyone. Just hop in some lobby.

>1. You aren't OP
i am, you can believe me or not and i dont care. you're extremely petty regardless to be like this.

Attached: 1620051488266.png (1559x892, 220.05K)

What part of "couch co-op" did you not understand? I didn't stutter while typing that out. Nothing beats couch co-op for games like this.

You're implying you can only enjoy the game if you have another person in arms reach. Which is wrong.

>I just don't bother discussing videogames with someone who's a Soulsborne / Sekiro fan.
insanely based

1. With 4chanx you can literally mark every post as (you)rs
2. You're a Soulsborne fan. You hate every game not made by From Software so you're about to waste your money and (more important of all) your time buying EDF5.

At least don't be a complete dick and don't make a thread bitching about how "that evil Any Forums" tricked you into buying a "meme dogshit game".

Fine, 8/10 with randos online, 9.5/10 with only bros online, 10.5/10 couch co-op. Christ, you're pushy.

>I just don't bother discussing videogames with someone who's a Soulsborne
I've never saved a Wojak but I've never read a more wojak-worthy post than this. Fucking kill yourself

Attached: 1537393054483.jpg (423x600, 92.62K)

>You're a Soulsborne fan. You hate every game not made by From Software so you're about to waste your money and (more important of all) your time buying EDF5.
This is false and you are being a sore faggot for whatever reason. Believe it or not, i can actually enjoy games like nioh or mosnter hunter. crazy huh? Like i said, you can believe me or not i dont care, but at this point you are shitting a thread up that would be better of dead now that ive been answered. Im not even trying to be a dick here

God you faggots are autistic.