Resident Evil 4.5

Resident Evil 4.5

Attached: re 4.5.png (764x828, 742.78K)

I enjoyed this, i'll never understand why so many people trashed it on release back in October of 2014

>Inb4 the "It's an inchorent mess with every Horror cliche imaginable" argument

Not a valid argument, as the other IPs that this is compared to like SH and RE always aped from Western Horror media since their conception.

It fucking wishes
>i'll never understand why so many people trashed it on release
Because it's bad
>>Inb4 the "It's an inchorent mess with every Horror cliche imaginable" argument
It's also an incoherent mess of mechanics that plays like shit, and a mix of everything wromg with early 2010s videogames

Attached: ShootHEREIDIOT.png (1919x811, 1.15M)

OP here, it is on discount on the Microsoft Store for around 5$. It has a patch which added a first person mode. Game runs buttery smooth.

Yet worse than 4 or 5. I think I might even rather play 6.

It's at its worst when it blatantly apes RE4's action direction but when you're allowed to play it more slow and methodical it's a lot more fun. Mechanics like matches and the agony crossbow give that extra bit of versatility to planning your attack, and then there's just how bonkers the concept and level variety is. I think it's less polished than RE4 but overall a more interesting game.

That retarded fight in the end is not the whole game you know.

It's basically an RE game done by people not confined by RE franchise and thus much better. Especially controls and movement wise it's leagues above RE4.

I honestly felt the aiming was considerably wonkier. I think RE4 handles face to face combat better than TEW does as a whole.

I wouldn't call it that. It's way above what old RE could ever be. Definitely much better than RE4, but most people are too blinded by nostalgia to admit that.

>I honestly felt the aiming was considerably wonkier. I think RE4 handles face to face combat better than TEW does as a whole.

EW aimed for a semi-realistic gameplay. Hence the weapon sway and no roundhouse kicks. For me that's a plus.

This game was a complete mess.

I enjoyed it but it was far jankier than RE4 and considerably less fun. Still a decent game though, just could have been so much better.

Yeah, I generally prefer TEW's direction as well and felt those choices fit, but as far as sheer smoothness of gameplay goes RE4 does have the edge overall. It does seem a bit apples and oranges to me as TEW definitely tried harder to be a horror game whereas RE4 aimed to be an action game.

>That retarded fight in the end is not the whole game you know.
No, before there's the giant spider, the zombies with assault rifles, the turret section and 4 qte sections

its not even incoherent. its a well structured walk through the deranged mind of a sociopath.

my only gripes with TEW
>camera bobbing
>fucking snail-like pace at the beginning of levels/forced walking sections etc.
>the entire first level is undiluted dogshit

the rest of the game is fun-tastic

It's been awhile since I last played it but what was the deal with the church again? Was it tied to Ruben's mansion?

Attached: Nigger Faggot.png (334x438, 127.27K)

I believe it was a cult related to Mobius that started out as a quasi-secret society in 19th century Krimson City who started to propagate various psychological experiments in early 1900's that eventually led to STEM's existance.

I don't remember any of that but thanks for the refresher on it.

It feels considerably worse to play than RE4.

EW2>EW1

You will never beat TEW on Akumu