Is the Ty the Tasmanian Tiger series good?

I noticed the first 2 games had an HD remaster and remember him during the 6th gen console era despite never thinking much about it.

Are his games good, bad, okish? What are they like?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 120.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AYP7YHw2Quk
youtu.be/wyIHg-GWydY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can learn everything about it from just a brief clip. Platformers are rather transparent like that

You ripper.

So is it good?

I remember liking them as a kid but remembering nothing about them besides throwing boomerangs and banging didgeridoos.

The levels are a tad too large but as a kid it was fun exploring them. The sequals kind of fix this bad adding robot suits and a driving overworld. Never played the third.

There are apparently 4 or 5 games with 4 being a PC sidescroller

1 is great. 2 is good. I never finished 3.

They're honestly really fun collectathons outside of 3 trying to be more combat oriented. If you can get the HD remasters on sale, they're a good time and Ty himself is that kind of "well meaning but out of his depth" protagonist that's super endearing.

It's one of the later games of the mascot collectathon era. If you like collecting shiny things and being a competionist, you'll probably enjoy it.

Yes.
Hot Dingo Pussy.

Wish I got this from my cousin. I think they got rid of their gamecube games. Was good fun though.

first 1s really good, second one is fine, rest are not worth your time.

Ty 2 > Ty 1 > Ty 3
None of them are bad but Ty 1 and 2 are both much better than 3
Never played Ty 4 because I prefer 3D platformers to 2D but it looks fine

If you prefer Banjo-Kazooie, you'll like Ty 1

If you prefer Banjo-Tooie, you'll like Ty 2

Attached: 1639874031347.png (1080x1074, 2.16M)

Yes. 1 especially is worth playing. The HD remaster is pretty stellar.

youtube.com/watch?v=AYP7YHw2Quk

They're average collectathons. Not the best, not the worst

They're nothing groundbreaking in terms of gameplay. I do really like the atmosphere and music though.

My biggest criticism is probably that some of the levels are huge and seem like they'd be very fun to explore but they're mostly empty stretches of walking connecting a collectable to the next.

1 and 2 are great. haven't got around to 3.
The HD remasters are the definitive versions

Attached: 1634596438365.png (395x383, 11.94K)

Recently replayed 1, it is profoundly uninteresting
SM64 has a really good moveset that's great to fuck around with, and Banjo had your moveset expand throughout the game and always had a new gimmick to spice up each world, but I think Ty really heavily outstays its welcome. The levels aren't distinct, they're often too spacious, and Ty's moveset just sucks even compared to Banjo. It's really just a weak link not just of its contemporaries, but of the genre as a whole. Compare it to Jak, Twinsanity, Sly, or Rachet, and there's just nothing here, hell it even lags behind Spongebob BFBB. The only platformer franchise I'm inclined to say Ty was outdoing here might have been 6th gen Spyro, but that's ONLY because I've never played a Spyro game to compare.
Maybe 2 is better, maybe it's a situation like Banjo where no one agrees on the sequel being good, shrug.

Attached: Linda.png (250x250, 172.33K)

*fucks human men*

Attached: 5fee2d62c5de.png (400x823, 183.7K)

There's more than one of them?

Attached: 1626508326190.png (600x522, 446.28K)

Attached: 1634615017441.jpg (500x281, 57.78K)

Not sure you'll get much out of it without the nostalgia goggles on. Amazing soundtrack though
youtu.be/wyIHg-GWydY