Ninja Gaiden Sigma

How do I git gud? I worry about using up my elixirs.

Attached: download.jpg (1280x1024, 196.38K)

Are you playing on Normal or Hard?
First and foremost, block. Blocking is your main defensive tool. Block.
Abuse flying swallow at least until you get the hang of the combat and enemies, and still keep abusing it.
The elixirs are for boss battles and particularly hard rooms so don't use them anywhere else.

spam izuna drops and UTs and you're good.
I've only competed Digma on Very Hard so I know my shit
Master Ninja is a bitch
t. someone who owns both Sigma and BLACK. so yeah.

It's cancer to play this game on very hard

no it isn't. The first two missions on Very Hard on Sigma are probably the hardest in the game, with only the core level being the second hardest. It's tough as shit but it's managable.
tgetgud

With all sincerity, practice. One pitfall of all action games is you're tempted to move quickly. It's true, you have to, but take a moment to observe your enemies, how they tend to approach and when they attack. NG rewards players who learn how to counter-attack.

Follow up to this, enemies will punish you for blocking too often by grabbing you. If you find yourself surrounded and have blocked more than 2-3 attacks, get some distance before you get grabbed.

Use the DS combo that ends in a roundhouse to break enemies guards. It feels so good.

Learn the hidden wind run technique

There are farming areas in most levels, just run back to them, kill the first guy and spam the free kill move on the other guys (hold attack button until you suck up an orb) for 8x cash reward (forget what the in-game resource is called), then just re-enter the room

Pretty sure every level has an area like this. Even the first level you can really churn out some points

Also it's the most fun you'll have with the game, game is good until after alma, then it's swimming, first person bow aiming, & ghost fish for 6 straight chapters until you fight several bosses that are way easier than Alma 1 and then the game is over

Man I got to the airship level and ran around the map like a fucking re game until I went crazy. Was having fun though, will pick it up again.

>then it's swimming
There's one swiming section that goes on for 5 minutes
>first person bow aiming
You never have to aim the bow in first person except to destroy the radio tower
>ghost fish for 6 straight chapters
There's ghost fish in the last two chapters. There's other enemies too.

>game is good until after Alma
Swimming does wreck the pacing a bit, but that's only for one chapter. first person bow aiming is easy if you're not a sperg, and the ghost fish don't show up until Chapters 14 and 15 on Normal. You're forgetting the Military Base, Aquaduct, Fire n' Ice caverns, and rematch with Scorpion Alma

by not playing sigma

Attached: NGU.png (1142x632, 210.94K)

>5 minutes
*5 chapters
>You never have to aim the bow in first person except for
*All the laser drones that attack from too far away to trigger ryu's auto-aim
>There's other enemies too
*There's two other enemies

I cheesed the radio tower by not killing the last enemy and aiming while avoiding said enemy. Way easier than dealing with the assholes in the tower.

There's not 5 chapters of swimming.
>All the laser drones that attack from too far away to trigger ryu's auto-aim
It's a lot easier and faster to use the windmill shuriken
>There's two other enemies
Why are you lying?

>it's swimming, first person bow aiming, & ghost fish for 6 straight chapters
No idea about black but I recently played Sigma and this doesn't happen at all. There is only one level where you spend a lot of time swimming and the ghost fish only became a recurrent thing near the end.

Sounds like you played sigma, where the tank and helicopter bosses were severely nerfed, 99% of the swimming was removed, as were the Strongbow "puzzles"

All lies. Why do you even need to snipe the drones anyway? You play like a bitch.

Press the flying swallow button.

That's because hours of swimming were removed in Sigma, as were bow puzzles. Alongside massive nerfs to the tank boss, helicopter boss, & laser drones.

Which makes me realize why people keep trying to tell me everything after Alma 1 isn't shit; everyone here says black is better despite the fact that they've only played sigma

Use the X+A options. X+A is a targeted jump, it should help you with the lack of lock on. You should never do a flying swallow out of a regular jump. Wind path (jumping on enemy heads) is good for both i-frames and opening up enemies for combos.

Onland options, mainly onland UT charge. Whenever you land after a jump you can charge your supers skipping the wind up animation, meaning you will get an instant charge if there is essence. You won't consume essence as long as you are holding block, which you should be doing pretty much always when not attacking in 3d ninja gaiden.

There were never hours of swimming to begin with.

I've already figured out that you've only played Sigma, or at least it's all you remember. We're referring to entirely different games, you have no idea what you're talking about.

that's good because the swimming level in black is fucking awful. IDK why oatmeal face thought that was a good idea. Sigma just sped it up by removing by those shitty puzzle/ key segements. Tank and Helicopters bosses suck as well so any way to accelerate the process is very much welcome.

>Sigma