When will we get fan games emulating the PS style of gameplay?

When will we get fan games emulating the PS style of gameplay?

Attached: final-fantasy-7-image-1-1.jpg (620x430, 103.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/dYQWr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Japanese don't do Indie games

There are already several of PS1 style horror games.

will it work? the neo pixel shit is trash will neo ps1 be any better?

bro

I just realized the sign says oyster bar

I think it could. A basic polygon style could become more fashionable. People will get tired of the SNES and NES throwbacks and look for something new. I personally love the ps1 era graphics because its like this weird twilight world with rudimentary people existing in pre-rendered backgrounds. Maybe thats nostalgia speaking and the graphics are quite rough especially looking back.

Never, 3D is too time and resource and effort intensive for indie games, they always end up vaporware.

Prerendered 3D is too difficult because you need to make entire gorgeous high fidelity environments to take photos of, at which point you can just use the 3D environments you have, and good low poly requires a highly developed artistic sense both for modeling and texturing, and we've seen that indies struggle with making anything other than pixelshit. The only thing you'll see is intentionally ugly and low effort imitations like

Attached: 1637616953838.webm (514x280, 1.14M)

Way too much work for a small team. Look at this shit.

imgur.com/gallery/dYQWr

>gameplay
No, playstation games had to work with no joysticks for a good chunk of it's life and as a result has very poor controls in most games, not because they couldn't do better but because they were limited by the original release of the PS1 controller.
They're still playable but no one is going to settle for a handicap like that.

Attached: PSX-Controller-playstation-1-34563427-2620-2280.jpg (2620x2280, 1.32M)

Is it possible to re-orientate controls or are animations too static?

>The remake is better, you are just blinded by nostalgia

Attached: flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u3.jpg (750x1000, 144.38K)

I use a d-pad in every 3D game that will let me, fuck analog sticks.

Do you have one of these for Digimon World? That game had some quality prerendered backdrops, too

Most PS1 games controlled beautifully due to more traditional style controls. N64 is the only platform that had its controls and graphics age poorly.

Attached: Ghost in the Shell PS1.webm (640x460, 2.93M)

POST MORE VINTAGE FFVII PICS LIKE THAT

Id do, but dumbshit
Plus how would one go about to make them accurate and NOT shiny and chrome with todays technology

Me dumbshit, not idea of ps1vanias

I'm sick of pretending that the Satsuki upscaled Field textures are good. Half of the screen is just smudged textures that don't actually show any detail.

Attached: fl1M5HY.gif (640x480, 621.71K)

quick, someone tell me how to break classic FF7 (ps1 version) as soon as possible
gimme your best ingame cheats

>why yes, I want garbage unresponsive, floaty controls mixed with godawful low-poly warping texture graphics that give me a headache and eye cancer at the same time!
>viva la 90s low-tech gaming revolution, brothers!

Attached: 1633184295160.png (696x701, 22.36K)