"I think gamers don't get what a digital secondary market can bring to them," Pouard said. "For now...

>"I think gamers don't get what a digital secondary market can bring to them," Pouard said. "For now, because of the current situation and context of NFTs, gamers really believe it's first destroying the planet, and second just a tool for speculation. But what we [at Ubisoft] are seeing first is the end game. The end game is about giving players the opportunity to resell their items once they're finished with them or they're finished playing the game itself. So, it's really, for them. It's really beneficial. But they don't get it for now.

If you don't support NFT, you literally have sub 150 IQ

Attached: file.png (1609x1125, 1.15M)

>implying lines of code are finite resources

I mean, if you have an IQ above 150 I hope you aren't posting on this board.

NFT's in the context are dumb and are basically TF2 hats, don't care, but because Ubisoft is doing them, and I hate Ubisoft I hope they burn because of it.

>giving players the opportunity to resell their items once they're finished with them or they're finished playing the game itself

Oh, like what they're doing right now?

Attached: tf2mark.png (530x303, 69.96K)

A self-sustaining economy driven by the players' demand? What an original idea, I support NFTs in games now!

Notice how they don't say anything about being able to sell the game itself when you're done with it.

Nonono you just don't get it man. You can't just use the old simple and tried method. You gotta do it with the new insanely ineffective and insecure method.

I get it, but all these features they're hyping up, such as selling my items when I'm done with the game, isn't appealing to me at all.

I remember what RMAH did to Diablo III. Introducing real money to games systems is cancer.

Does it even matter when the blockchain is private?

ah yes, go resell your overpriced DLC and weapon skins and don't forget to pay your tax on them, now thank us for giving you more work to do you filthy paypigs.

yeah but imagine, if everyone participating thinks in the back of their mind that they might be the one to get rich and retire

>Single Node Blockchain

Attached: 1b46f73a-34e2-4a30-aead-dae2bcf03f6a.gif (370x250, 1.68M)

Oy vey

Not only that but if it were about being able to empower players to resell stuff, they could also enable them to resell digital games as well.

>sell it through an exchange ubisoft conveniently owns
>takes 40%
heh this is good for you goyims

>corporation who just wants more profits and to milk an already overly-monetized industry says thing that people think is bad is actually good and to buy it
Wow, who would have seen that coming? First it was DLC, then MTX, then BPs, and now NFTS? Can't wait to see the mental gymnastics from those who will defend this shit.

>The end game is about giving players the opportunity to resell their items once they're finished with them
so it's literally a tool for speculation?

A unique copy of a digital game is just as bad as lending limits on eBooks from the library. Are they really expecting us to believe there's only 5 copies of this .epub file on their servers, and they can't just make infinite copies on demand?

The literal second Ubisoft makes a graphically intense NFT game, PCtrannies will instantly buy it no matter what.
They have no standards

Can I sell the game if im done playing?

>graphically intense NFT game
And what GPUs will they play it with?

Standards went out the window ages ago desu, this industry is a fucking trash heap and has been for a long time.

>they could also enable them to resell digital games as well.
never going to happen as it would mean destroying their own distribution monopoly. Why would I ever by a game "first-hand" when I can get the exact same game equally unused for more than half the price from someone who bought it with regional prices much lower than my own?

There were enough for cyberpunk and battlefield.

>it's first destroying the planet
don't give a shit
>just a tool for speculation.
it absolutely is
>The end game is about giving players the opportunity to resell their items once they're finished with them or they're finished playing the game itself. So, it's really, for them. It's really beneficial. But they don't get it for now.
>But they don't get it for now.
i punch this nigger in the face so badly

>nigger
If you say nigger on the blockchain, is it there forever?

Attached: 1489808886177.jpg (570x761, 50.8K)

I don't get this at all. The only value these items will have is when the game is active and relevant, and Ubisoft shits out new installments of games every 2 years. Nobody is going to pay $300 for a NFT gun in Far Cry 8 when it will be completely irrelevant when Far Cry 9 comes out at the end of the next year. Are they expecting people to just turn their brains off or what?

>Are they expecting people to just turn their brains off or what?

NFTs are exposing just how stupid corporations think customers are. We were supposed to fall for it but we aren't, and now they're pulling their hair out and panicking.