What is the best racing game ever? And no Mario Kart doesn't count as a racing game, I mean real racing games

What is the best racing game ever? And no Mario Kart doesn't count as a racing game, I mean real racing games.

Attached: racing games.jpg (960x640, 179.16K)

assetto corsa

I have my answer but saying it will incur salty backlash so I'll abstain.

I do like Burnout 3 and Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA a lot, though, they're just not my absolute favorite.

Attached: rus2640b.jpg (300x231, 45.84K)

Attached: assetto-corsa-competizione-pc-get-cheap-cdkey.jpg (496x700, 55.21K)

Garfield Kart

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 112.04K)

Just say it, don't be afraid.

TOCA 3 or GRID

Gran Turismo 4

Why must you drag me into this?

Attached: bpr-generic-packart[1].jpg (500x709, 253.04K)

crash team racing

Ridge Racer Type 4
Gran Turismo 3
Crash Team Racing
Tourist Trophy
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix

forza horizon 5

Attached: 1639689364913.webm (720x404, 1.12M)

Fbpb, i’d put Gran Turismo second just because of how much SOUL it has

CRUUUUUSING THE USA

Attached: file.png (540x345, 65.15K)

Pleb fucking taste user jesus christ don't ever post again man

Good taste bro, don't listen to the haters.

For me it's AC, ACC, Dirt Rally 2 and BeamNG. Would be very nice if gt7 was eventually released on PC.

>all this unabashed simfagging

Attached: triple-h-disgusted[1].gif (480x480, 3.3M)

Mario kart

>gt7
>simfagging

DAYTONAAAAAAA LET'S GO AWAYY

Regardless of the depth of realism it still goes ham with trying to force players to behave a certain way in both conduct with each other and their approach to driving. There is no "fight for first" that arcade racers do so well.

Honestly gran turismo sport

>inb4 physics

I knw i know, but overall, it just is. And ive never ever ever ever seen another gane thats a perfect 60fps with no stutter and photorelaism to boot. Its the best overall package and christ it even has a hakf not cringe pro scene where u migjt mert real racing driving like Montoya and Hamilton

If it ran like gt sport then yes, but its performance is laughable and i hate it for that. Shitty fps timing or bad screen tearing, or input lag. Thats how i think of this game

>conga line AI

No, Old GT games are amazing hotlapping sims, but racing is literally non existent

>noooo why would u want a car to handle like a car reeee

Because it's slow and lacks intensity. "Following the rules" is such a lame way to play a video game.

A lot of sim racers tend to eventually descend into making your own fun (like tuning a car for drifting).

I like the actual driving in sims with my wheel, but sims are generally so barebone.
I would really love to see more sims with actually good career modes, I think the F1 games are pretty much the only ones with one.

Automobilsta 2 if you have a wheel. Its a paradigm shift over other sims.

asseto corsa with custom shaders, SOL, VR, a racing wheel, and online is the best gaming experience I've had in the last 5 years by far

Test drive le mans for Dreamcast because of the 24 hour mode and real triggers for acceleration

Doing so well means either slowing down to wait for you when you're behind or cheating and catching up when you're ahead. Cheap shit, and handling the car is just no fun at all in games like FH4. I like arcade racing games like burnout 3 and rollcage a lot, but neither focus on the driving.

That is actually a good game, I concur. I love the way the cars handle in the game (although, truth be told, I wish tire wear could be disabled, if even just for non-career races).

No, they don't, but that's also not why I play a racing game. I like RACING as a concept moreso than the experience of the car itself.

That said I'm also in the camp that casual people who can't grasp how to play Forza Horizon properly really drive me up the wall. That game does require a modicum of real driving technique and everyone who isn't embracing that is also ruining the game for those that do.

>lacks intensity
You have no idea, and you don't play these games. Struggling to maintain control over the car gives you way more intensity than any hollywood tier show arcade racing games can provide.

ynr your teammate going "IM CURRENTLY IN
LAST PLACE"
Grid has to be the apex of arcade-sim console racers

first...bost...pest..bost?

I can accept that maybe for rally games (and even then it highly depends on the stage).

Road racing games rarely have those moments. At best sometimes I feel good about apexing a turn just right but otherwise I need something more wheel-to-wheel (it doesn't help that a lot of earlier sim games had terrible AI because they focused all their effort on making the cars accurate -- less of a problem now, particularly in Forza Motorsport).

Is there any racer out there with good AI, like you hear people talking about the trash ones

Attached: 1640882192651.jpg (960x911, 47.59K)

>salty

Attached: file.png (329x205, 57.97K)

>slow and lacks intensity

And there it is. Everytime. The feeling of speed of a sim doesnt come from some cheap childish effect like widened FOV or speed lines on the screen, it comes from the feeling of the car being alive under you, that it could go into a slide if you push it too hard or understeer, that it isnt attached to rails and actually does stuff, reacts to bumbs etc. What youve said is the video game equivalent of ew alcohol tastes icky why do grown ups drink it? Apple juice is sweet and simple, so therefore better. Its an aquired taste, hell even braking, the act of slowing the car down, becomes fun and interesting when you start to understand the mechanics of it.