Why does this game has such a cult following?

why does this game has such a cult following?
>terrible leveling system that forces you to minmax
>terrible combat system that makes you want to kill yourself or play a better game
>ugly unpleasant world: everything is of grey and yellow colors, filled with bizarre structures
>generic chosen one plot
>lacks the goofy charm of TES 4
I get it. you played it when you were younger. but that does not necessarily mean you can't see all the flaws that it has

Attached: Morrowind_Cover.png (991x1293, 2.57M)

You should check out /vr/ sometime. You don't understand how in-depth they went on this.
Also, you should unironically check out PatricianTV's 8 hour Morrowind Review.

Attached: Who could compete.jpg (1242x3790, 1.03M)

It's fun and immersive.

Why do people like Oblivion? I'm seriously asking cause I don't actually know. What do people enjoy about it? Sell me on the game as if I've never heard of it before.

It's a failure in every department except being accessible for consolebabbies

Attached: Vvardenfell enormous.jpg (2668x3095, 2.94M)

i still play it, bitch

First TES game syndrome.
Morrowindfags have it the worst. Every subsequent title has mogged Morrowind hard and it frustrates them.

The story is fantastic

You can install Japanese mods and play as a loli elf maid with various Japanese town mascots as your followers.

>generic chosen one plot
You don't understand Morrowind

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Morrowind. The combat is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of probability maths, most of your hits will go over a typical NPC's head. There's also Dagoth Ur's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Daedric scripture, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these 6th house ramblings, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Morrowind truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Dagoth Ur's existencial catchphrase "What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy." which itself is a cryptic reference to the struggle for Dunmer independence. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as the Godhead's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Vivec tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the Suran ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 intelligence points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

just turn your brain off and enjoy the quests brooooo

we grew up playing it ;)

user, you could post any game beyond 5 years and you have people question "why people like this"
To answer your question though, well, you're bit retarded. I can see why you wouldn't find enjoyment out of it.

Also
Are we talking about Morrowind or Oblivion?

Attached: 6b2.gif (458x438, 103.33K)

Attached: 1611333460007.jpg (2245x1557, 2.97M)

Every single day there is an oblivionfag seething about Morrowind. Face it bucko, someday you're gonna realise how bad of a game Oblivion truly was.

Normal people
>don't like [game]
>don't play [game]
>happy with his life

>(You)
>don't like [game]
>shitpost about it
>sad and pathetic

OP here
where did I say that oblivion is any better
it certainly does have some redeeming factors that morrowind does not have such as better combat system and world not being an ugly mess but it is still the same minmax hell with stupid ass plot

I can't force you to like the game, but
is just wrong. The game is balanced around 3/2/2 leveling. 5/5/5 just makes you needlessly OP.

>8 hour Morrowind Review
I could spend those 8 hours doing something productive, or actually playing the game and forming my own opinion.

I like the lore, the plot, the political fights between the Great Houses, the world, the creatures, the armors.

Attached: Openmw 0.47.0 Screenshot 2022.01.29 - 20.23.53.60.png (1920x1080, 2.94M)

>actually playing the game and forming my own opinion
if you ever did that you wouldn't browse Any Forums

>generic chosen one plot
user, I...

This is a problem with Oblivion that you think applies to Morrowind because they have the same leveling system. What you don't understand is that this system is only a problem in Oblivion because of the super aggressive level scaling and that it works naturally in Morrowind which has only a little level scaling. This misunderstanding confirms that you only have a surface understanding of Morrowind and likely have not actually played it making your opinions worthless.

This but unironically and ladies replaced with femboys.

Because it has the best OST of any video game.