Crusader Kings 3

There is a new CK3 DLC out next week - Royal Court.
>Big updates to the culture system to make it reformable and customizable like religions
>inventory system with powerful new items
>3d customizable throne room
Been enjoying this game a lot lately, it's my first paradox game. are you excited to jump in to the new content?

Attached: ck3.jpg (1400x1400, 192.41K)

I played at release but only did one playthrough before uninstalling. It felt too barebones compared to 2 with all of its dlc.
This stuff sounds neat but I'd still rather play 2.

>are you excited to jump in to the new content?
I might try the game if they actually release new content in 2 or 3 years after they finish re-releasing CK2 content as DLC.

been waiting for this since spring 2021 when it got announced, best part is I already bought it with my royal edition back in 2020. Can't wait.

I'm so tired of Paradox being a shit company that I think I'll skip it

On the one had it took so long for the to make good on their Royal addition promises with this DLC, on the other hand it looks like a proper DLC and not some half-assed shit to throw at the pre-orderers.

Why are they so obsessed with 3d character models? I'd prefer if the court was a menu and they focused on adding more gameplay mechanics instead of 3d models.

I hate this kind of shit. They flush out a game's content - albeit by way of piecemealing it through DLC- only to release a sequel with most improvements stripped out. Outside of "make money", what the fuck is the point of releasing a sequel if you're not going to start from the base the first prior game established?

Probably to sell more expensive DLC with new models. Which, indeed, barely add anything to the game.

>Content DLCs + Outfits DLCs+ Furniture DLCs

Paradox are like Jews on steroids and meth.

yeah it looks like the biggest expansion ck2 or ck3 has seen, content wise

I like how they are turning it into an rpg with proper inventory.
Also gay marriages are going to be forbidden by religions, right?

They are obviously trying to make this game more rpg like to get bigger mass appeal.

>Reformable culture
I prefer to RP around existing cultures
>item system
Meh
>customizable throne room
Dont care
Overall not exited but it will be a pretext to start a new playtrough

I think the more important thing is that it opens the game up more for modders.

To be fair, I would say CK3 was the least barebones on release of any paradox game I've played. It was less than CK2 + nearly a decade of DLC, sure, but it kept more than you'd usually expect from them, in addition to adding new stuff that CK2 never had. Of all their games it's the one I'm most inclined to give a pass.

wake me up when they implement the cool non commie china

Attached: tiandi buffed.png (459x990, 765.44K)

Because they REALLY like the feature that lets you open a naked character in the debug menu and reduce the age slider.

Attached: 1629158086943.gif (320x240, 1.03M)

are you ready to play ck3 from the comfort of your couch?

Attached: ck3ps5.png (1367x778, 871.95K)

i wouldn't call vanilla ck3 barebones at all
I could only notice the republics missing
that said it didnt bring a lot more to the table except graphics, and imo they should have at least put next week expansion with the 3d throne room in the base game to truly make it a sequel

personally, I appreciated the new graphics enough that between them and the extra RPG mechanics (ambitions etc) it felt like enough of a sequel to me. but yeah, the new DLC looks like it'll be a really big welcome addition.

>release with patch 1.5 for 2/8
>can choose color of cultures, heresies, and titles
>coat of arms designer
>carantanian and more indian cultures
>can grant titles to your culture or local culture
>more modding rules such as new declarations, in-game court editor, and marriages
Court - paid:
>only feudal/clan kings and emperors
>can hold court to host a number of events including vassal requests
>court types for each attribute
>vassal players can petition liege for specific events, and can pay homage once per liege
>new court positions like bodyguards, food tasters, and gardeners (skill determined by "aptitude")
>grandeur requires you to pay for amenities to meet your expectations: to be lower is critical, while higher is beneficial (effects by court type)
Languages - unclear if free or not
>characters can learn a number of languages, which eases cultural acceptance and opinions
>have a language limit based off of learning
>courts have a specific language, and can be spread across to others
Artifacts
>have a character-based UI inventory
>artifacts have a limited HP and must be repaired over time
Artifacts - Paid:
>inspired landless courtiers can create items or adventure to find them
>artifacts will be displayed on characters and in courts
Culture
>heritage, language, martial custom, aesthetics
>cultural pillars: bellicose, communal, courtly, egalitarian, inventive, spiritual, stoic
>numbers of traditions that give abilities and events
>traditions can be replaced at a high cost
>cultural acceptance to reduce cultural opinion malus
Culture - Paid:
>form hybrid culture with high cultural acceptance and different heritage, picking from cultural traits
>divergent cultures at high prestige costs for how much of culture you control, while several rules for AI frequency
>customs dynasty legacy for multicultural realms

Attached: architectures.jpg (4859x2045, 2.13M)

damn, that's actually a decent amount of content

Call me when they finally released EK2 or Warhammer: Geheimnisnacht for it.

Normies

I'd agree with you that CK3 is better off than their usual content at launch, but that's not saying much when you consider you're going to have to wait almost a decade for the game to be in a comparable state to its predecessor. What's worse is that you're going to cough up more money for DLC that covers content that was also DLC in the prior game.
You're effectively paying for the same shit twice. If we're lucky, they might add some bells and whistles in, but the bulk of what you're paying for will be old content with a new coat of paint.

I bought it on a keysite
How do I get anime girls in the game

I want an the females to be anime girls

okay but eu4 and ck2 itself both continued exactly where the previous entries left off

I remember a Any Forums CK3 thread around its launch asking what sorts of add ons we would like, and I spelled out pretty much exactly what we're getting in Royal Court (a 3D view where we can see our court living its life, store our artifacts etc) and some "anons" were super thrilled about it

Attached: 1643511585640.jpg (428x242, 25.09K)

Content that you'll actually notice. The nordic lord systems were something I never touched or even figured out

>china
>in ck
it's not feudal, and india already makes the performance shit the bed

Have a look at this - how much of that is stuff that CK2 had already?

mods

That was a considerably lower bar than trying to have everything that ever got bolted onto CK2 included in the base CK3.