Was there a shill campaign against this game when it came out? It is unironically better than 4...

Was there a shill campaign against this game when it came out? It is unironically better than 4. Only flaw is that you have to be online. But I wonder if someone can make a mod that lets you play on a local server, like they did with SPT on Tarkov.

Attached: Fallout_76_cover.jpg (220x270, 20.46K)

Retard. It was an awful, unfun, buggy-and-broken hollow mess of a game on launch. Yes, they then took money and years to make it serviceable. Sadly, the same kind of improvement can't be made regarding your IQ.

I got a free code from my buddy because he was really excited to play it. It was terrible in the beginning with bugs and broken shit. I downloaded it again during wastelanders and started seeing fun in it after it had a year of patches.

>buggy and broken shit

Attached: vNgx4t8.png (415x180, 16.37K)

New Vegas was/is nothing compared to launch 76.

W-we don't talk about that

Yes it's a known fact, Fo76 mogs everything bethesda has done, but it's essentially too high-culture for the low-culture masses.
>deeper inspection about roger maxson's vision for brotherhood of steel through juxtapositioning with knight shin and paladin rahmani, the former being an example of arthur maxson's vision, the latter being roger maxson's vision

kino

yeah, At least you could play Launch 76.
>t. played the B.E.T.A

>Was there a shill campaign against this game when it came out?
It's a good game concept built in a horrible buggy engine.

I stopped playing it awhile ago but basically every major update introduced new dupe bugs into the game which continuously ruined the in-game economy.

Also the leveling system is very restrictive, forcing you into one or two builds if you are lucky by end game. At LV1 you can pick up any gun and have fun, but at high levels you can only use the very few weapons that your build is tailored for. This means that you get less and less fun gun play as the game goes on. Fallout 4 had a much better leveling system where you could max out every weapon eventually and so every weapon was useful at end game.

But you get infinite levels + you can change your cards any time. It encourages switching between builds. Which is why it's a better system than Fallout 4.
Seriously, 76 mogs 4. Way bigger map, more guns, more locations. The one thing people complained about (besides the rpg mechanics and story of 4 of course) was that 4 didn't have as many guns because they focused on having a few very modular guns. Well 76 has a lot more guns and they're all pretty moddable. I like that you can wear clothes over your armor too. If it was offline and had a better story, it would be a perfect game.
Hopefully they learn from the mistakes they made in this game for Fallout 5 and we get an absolute banger.

So is it good now? Are there NPCs?

>you can change your cards any time.
Which makes it a shittier version of Fallout 4's system.

In Fallout 4 you don't have to constantly go into your menu to substitute cards every time you encounter a new situation. You just play the game.

I agree FO76 is a good game but the card system hurt my enjoyment of it significantly. It's just a needless annoyance.

A shill campaign when it atarted? No.
Apparently there is one now though.

Absolutely fucked on release. Plenty of videos and articles about it.
It got passable after a few years and decent after they added npcs.

Yeah there's NPCs. Haven't played it much after they added it in but there's a whole storyline with the raiders and settlers going to war. You'll see them walking around the world and you can join either side. It's pretty basic, but it's clear they never actually intended for it to have this at the start and that they were tacked on. Like the old main story had a theme that's introduced as soon as you get in the game. You're the last vault Resident still in the vault after you overslept and missed the party. You were too late and had to make do with what was leftover. Which is just repeated through out the game. Having the NPCs ruin the vision of the game kind of.
How is it shitty? Since there's a limit to the amount of cards you can have at a time it doesn't make you an unstoppable killing machine like having every single perk in the game at once.
see

NV being fucked on release doesn't mean that f76 wasn't. You know that right?

Just because it was fucked on release doesn't make it a bad game is the point.

I fucking said it was decent. Stop being an asshole.

I tried the game recently and the AI is utter dogshit making the game way too easy, there's literally zero challenge, not even worth putting time into.

Played it on release and liked it. It was and still is very buggy, but I think its great. You run out of stuff to do at some point though.

Attached: 4354655765.jpg (9600x1080, 2.76M)

It's crazy how people always have to compare a game to new vegas. Rent free

You're retarded.
New Vegas is widely agreed upon to be at least a good game.
New Vegas was also buggy as shit, but that did not make it a bad game.

because its fallout in nothing but name

fallout is a dark in all common meanings of the word singleplayer post-post apocalyptic game with deep rpg mechanics, merciless gameplay, and masterful writing

faloout 4 2 also known as "76" is a bright fortnite-esque looter shooter whithout ANY writing or rpg mechanics filled with micro-transactions

everyone who liked is is a normie and a shit eater

not him but we all know NV was buggy on release, at least they fixed it in the coming weeks instead of fucking years whilst milking underage fans of their parents money

its a an online looter shooter with micro transactions based on a killed searies, it would have been shit whithout any bugs

11 years later and New Vegas STILL can only use 2 gigs of RAM without modding it.
>fortnite esque
confirmed to only know it from memes. if you think it's bright because of the wild landscapes, you're retarded. it's literally about everyone being dead.

You are criticising the game.

Most of us were not even able to play it without the game crashing, bugging out,etc. At least you played it.

As someone who played it at launch, the game was an empty mess. The only npcs in the game were a few mr handy bots. People always talk about empty open world games well F76 was literally an empty open world.