The Silver Case

Is it kino? Considering picking it up as it's on sale.

Attached: thesilvercase.png (1079x505, 487.69K)

If you're a Suda51 fan, yeah it's kino. But it has a slow start and clunky controls.

Pirate it and try it
You're gonna get the best possible impression that way, not by asking on some forum

>Is it kino?
Yes

Haven't played any of his work yet. It kinda gives off Policenauts/Snatcher vibes and I really enjoyed those

How much gameplay is there actually?

Then you might wanna start with something a little more fun, like killer7 or no more heroes

kino bambino

I actually tried killer7 about a year ago but couldn't get used to the conrols. Also NMH seems really goofy and consoomy iykwim

Yes its kino, but it's a glorified VN with walking sections and like two puzzles. Definitely worth going through if you don't mind a lot of reading, though.

Attached: 20191209140400_1.jpg (1366x768, 173.18K)

picrel sold me, thanks.

I wish more VNs got creative and funky with their windowing like in TSC, I barely see any other VN do that

Unironically one of the best VN out there, it's heavy but it's really good. The soundtrack is pretty nice too.

Attached: 1628421115842.png (640x640, 140.79K)

Good think I just picked it up then

Some of the soundtracks is done by the guy behind the Silent Hill (Yamaoka), so it gives a good atmosphere too.

If you end up liking it, try FSR and 25th Ward as well to get the complete experience out of it.

Remember to do Transmitter 1 > Placebo 1 > Transmitter 2, etc. so you can understand things better.

Attached: 1616155018019.png (250x317, 40.49K)

It's the most kino vn out there.
But you won't understand anything if you're not a huge suda fan since like the 90s.
All his work is building on top of his previous ones.
So unless you know japanese and want to play an old ass snes wrestling game and an untranslated ps1 adventure game be prepared to not understand jack shit of any of what suda is talking about.
Or any of what the fuck is happening.

All his games are full of Mariana Trench deep lore and need an entire glossary to even understand all the recurring terminology and what it all means in the massive kill the past universe he's been building for more than 30 years, not to mention an entire phonebook worth of names for recurring characters that randomly show up in all the games and are extremely crucial to what is going on in each of them.

Attached: 25.jpg (700x394, 76.21K)

Barely. It's mainly walk, talk.

Yeah, I bought it expecting some neat police procedural/murder mystery game since I'd heard good things about it, but it couldn't hold me for more than a handful of chapters, the 'game' part is vestigial at best.

>I've played this game 17 hours and never finished because every session I fall asleep.

Attached: 7IouDe8.png (1344x921, 801.61K)

>it’s a vn

Damn shame, into the backlog it goes, forever to stay there.

Appreciate it, will do. Doesn't Placebo give you extra information about Transmitter?