What games fit this definition of "classic"?

What games fit this definition of "classic"?

Attached: untitled.png (500x399, 52.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gearnuke.com/over-11-million-people-bloodbourne-ps4/
web.archive.org/web/20210125110238mp_/https://gamstat.com/games/Bloodborne/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ocarina of time and majoras mask

Attached: 1631469548896.jpg (686x744, 83.91K)

any Final Fantasy or Persona game

Nobody praises anything here, so I'm not sure. Any Forums just hates anything by default, because if you're seen to be correcting the flaws in something, you might be able to signal to total strangers that you're smart. If you like something, you'll only open yourself up to "lol cringe xd xd" type posts, or shazam troons.

Ironic considering Twains works are consodered classic

Deus Ex

The Sakura Wars series.

Mel Gibson Safari 3

Corrypt

The original Prince of Persia

Earthbound

Final fantasy 7

Earthbound, Planescape, system shock 2

The original System Shock too

pic related
>won multiple awards
>nominated for game of the year
>people beg for it to be ported to the PC
>barely sold 2 million copies
niggas talk like BB carried the ps4. you have 3DS games with more copies sold.

Attached: 1632213491923.jpg (288x345, 41.54K)

MM by all means is not classic in the traditional sense, only a cult classic. TLoZ, ALttP, and BotW are all regarded above it. Also no one who hasn’t played OoT calls it a classic to fit in here where it’s cool to be a contrarian.

custer's revenge

Attached: Z.jpg (208x243, 13.03K)

>2 million copies sold
>in 2015
not sure why this number gets thrown around so much

Attached: 2M.jpg (720x213, 20.11K)

>Ironic considering Twains works are consodered classic

Absolutely thought provoking.

Go ahead and post more recent numbers then. Surely they've been published since they're likely so huge.

Bioshock

/thread

It has been given for free several times so that number is the last reliable sales one. Add to that how a game's sales only decrease after the first months so those numbers rarely grow significantly on the following years.

Do you have a more recent number?

Planescape: Torment
Persona 1/2
Chrono Trigger

Metroid
The Legend of Zelda

I finished the game when I borrowed my friend's PS4 for like 2 weeks, so yeah, I'd actually buy it if they released it on PC

Tetris

m8 literally everyone has played tetris

SIlent Hill 2, Mother 3, Mario 64, 007 Goldeneye etc. Basically any game that came out in the past 20 to 30 years that were praised by ancient gamers

Attached: 1619924585612.gif (410x250, 2.7M)

gearnuke.com/over-11-million-people-bloodbourne-ps4/
>11m players
>650k plats, more than any other game in the franchise.
Almost 8 years later, and people are still whining.

Attached: png-clipart-green-frog-cartoon-pepe-the-frog-pol-4chan-anonymous-frog-miscellaneous-television.png (900x840, 26.34K)

man, this guy looks really familiar...

Planescape Torment

Chrono Trigger gets played quite a bit because it's on multiple platforms.

No you wouldn't.
Port beggars are never interested on playing the game they beg for; they just want the port so they can mock the other platform for "losing an exclusive".

Super Mario 64
>Dude this game is so revolutionary
>Controls are weighty as fuck, and feels like the most vanilla 3d Mario

Súper Mario bros

Any Persona or SMT game

Cart's too expensive and I'd feel dirty playing the ROM anyway.

No, it just runs like shit on PS4 so having it on PC would be amazing to play at a good framerate.

Bought Daemon X Machina and Rise day one so I know I'll buy Bloodborne day one too

Attached: whatever.jpg (1621x295, 186.53K)

Did you even read the article, user?

>Although the game’s sales figures are probably much lower than this since the physical copies can be played by multiple people, plus the game was featured as a free title on Playstation Plus early this year as well as being one of the titles on offer on PS Now. It is still impressive that over 11 million people started the game...

On the other hand, if Bloodborne really did well on the PS4 then it doesn't need a PC port. You only need to port your game to other systems when sales are poor.

not him, but
web.archive.org/web/20210125110238mp_/https://gamstat.com/games/Bloodborne/
from old site that's now offline. tracked game counts via whatever.
so not the most accurate thing but what can you do. i'd guess at least half are just people who got it from psnplus subscription or something

You port a game when you think the there's a solid market and you project the sales to provide a reasonable profit over the development costs.

not really ironic, if anything it just proves him right

Given Twain had a preface in one of his books that any one looking for meaning in it should be shot, he qas probably aware of the irony.

>gamstat
RIP

amogus
tiberian sun

The game aesthetic are really impressive, i just want to see it on a higher resolution and a higher frame rate.

Almost every Squaresoft game.

>You only need to port your game to other systems when sales are poor
then explain HZD, Days Gone, God of War, and Uncharted 4?

Here's a better explanation: once your game has reached it's saturation point in the current market, if you want to make more money you need to release it to a new market. It can sell like shit and saturate immediately or it can sell great and take a while to saturate. Both paths lead to a place where it's economically viable to port to new systems.

>2 million sold
>in 6 months
>its now 7 years later
No, there seem to be no more recent figures, but you'd have to be pretty dense to think the numbers just stopped at 2M.
Also, pic related. It was given away on ps plus prior to that article, but also given away to ps5 owners after that article. So, yeah, not sales figures but that wasn't the OP anyway. Now, how many people booted the game up only to quit 10 minutes in US anyone's guess. Seems like quite a few people played the game

Attached: Screenshot_20220131-070248_Chrome.jpg (720x606, 72.68K)

Can you read? Did I say "sales", user? I said players. The idea that the game isn't popular is retarded. It's literally the most played Souls game as it stands. This thread is about games that are said to be played, but aren't. There is no accurate number for sales of the game either, since giveaways are treated like sales.

And only the DS version is worth playing in 2021. Guess what platform nobody has anymore because they all sold theirs to buy a Switch?

No, you port a game when it doesn't sell well and need to make a profit from it.
Bloodborne did well so it doesn't need to be ported. Meanwhile 13 Sentinels did poorly so Vanillaware decided to port it to the Switch.

any old game

> It's literally the most played Souls game as it stands.
I'm on your side but no way this is true

>You only need to port your game to other systems when sales are poor.
Ah, I knew multiplats such as GTA5, CoD, Fortnite or among us failed, poor guys.
The licence and the dev time alone are high, mot to mention all the busy paperwork and updates on various websites and database.
Only the games that sell very well can be ported user, no the other way around

>planescape torment
You're wrong. People definitely read that.

Attached: file.png (1080x940, 683.94K)

Threads like these remind me that I am really behind on playing classics.

If a game doesn't sell well in your target market why the fuck would you gamble more development resources to port your game that already failed?

It literally has the most platinums, user, but I will revise. It's the one people most played to completion.

Mark Twain is reddit personified

All of those except God of War sold poorly, especially Days Gone. In fact they're the kind of classic Mark Twain is talking about.

Ever Quest and City of Heroes.

Attached: 1643482624592.png (521x915, 517.68K)