What was owning a Wii U like?

What was owning a Wii U like?

When it was still in production and getting games.

Attached: 1641009910518.jpg (400x400, 37.02K)

i got one used in 2014 i think, and i preordered Mario Kart & Smash Bros, it came with a gamecube adapter and controller, it was so exciting to be getting a slew of first party games at that time, and i eagerly awaited Zelda & Metroid .....and Nintendo pulled the plug and released the next console, weeeee..

amiibos were the lamest fucking thing.

every game that would come out would be hyped by retarded fans, every direct would be hyped by retarded fans as the direct with f-zero or metroid or zelda, every game that came out was a massive disappointment forgotten about in a week.

it was ok

Miiverse was hilarious.

Same as owning Switch.
Ports, ports, ports.

I would mostly use it for the great browser back then, and I played a lot of 3D World, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart. I actually really liked the Gamepad. Then I hacked it and then it became probably my favorite console

Great system, good releases for about a year, year and a half. Marketing failed it at every level and they pulled the plug to work on the Switch, and subsequently port all of its games there.

it still pisses me off they took it down, that shit filled a lonely void when i played vidya

The wii u WISHED it had ports lmfao

It was great at the time. A lot of great games came out on it. The marketing failure killed it.
However, switch is just so much better and they really learned from wii u. You can tell they learned no one wanted a console that takes 3 minutes to boot up and launch a game, that a snappy quick os like the switch has will always be better than blosted stuff

It was alright. Some decent games but a lot of droughts. The gamepad was really neat though

I got one when I was working in Rochester for 3 months. Remember pickings it up right before Hurricane Katrina so I had something to game out of the hotel with. It was OK. I hated that ZombiU game, played a bunch of Mario Kart with my nephew on holidays and enjoyed the Zeldas. I didn't own much else besides that but did a lot of Wii BC with it.

>Before hurricane Katrina
Is this a new pasta?

Better than anything Nintendo is doing now.

Fuck meant Sandy LOL.

I still have mine, it's pretty great when it's hacked.

kek, no worries

Wait... Math time.
Wii U released Nov 18, Sandy hit end of October.
Your personal timeline is about 3 weeks off

Whatever GameStop it was had them early and I was able to actually snag one ahead of launch literally right after Sandy. I remember the outer bands hitting on Lake Ontario shit was nuts even that far off.

I thought I was lucky getting one until there was NO GAMEZ.

Fun because I was playing exclusive games while no one else was. Most of them are on Switch now.