NFT's are the future and there is nothing Any Forums can do about it

NFT's are the future and there is nothing Any Forums can do about it.

Attached: file.png (665x588, 303.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-27/texas-governor-eyes-bitcoin-mining-to-fortify-the-electric-grid
youtu.be/w_dbFNWD910
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

NFT experts, is there such thing as environmentally friendly NFT?

no they arent

how compelling
please face the wall

Attached: 1616125819984.png (1080x1331, 937.94K)

Wouldn't be the first thing that was "The Future" that I actively refuse to partake in, and it won't be the last.

i for one welcome nft's

No, lol. NFT's are horribly inefficient storage by nature.

a lot of people will be scammed and then it will go away
if thats your definition of future then sure

>Join us on Discord
lmao gaming is beyond fucked at this point isn't it

enviroment friendly is just a shitty counter argument against nfts, why dont people care about "enviroment friendly" cars, planes, cruisers tankers, farms, etc.
google servers consume a thousand times more electricity than all the nft servers combined

No, they still need to be verified by a server that's always on and video game NFTs may require farming in-game tasks which also consume power.

>is there such thing as environmentally friendly NFT?
All of them are if your energy provider is environmentally friendly
i.e. if your servers run mostly on solar, wind or nuclear energy

Attached: nft.jpg (1336x1050, 166.85K)

worms is a dead franchise
can they make it anymore obvious that they're just making a quick and easy buck off of the diehard worms fans without actually having to spend money on making a product for them?

wait, rug pulls can happen in the NFT world? holy shit, why would anyone invest in this garbage

technically proof-of-stake does dramatically reduce the wattage needed to mine coin
on the other hand it does mean that instead of validation being in large part decided by who has the most hash power (i.e. most processing power/GPU power), it's now in large part influenced by who is willing to stake the most coin--i.e. the richest fucks on the chain

>google servers consume a thousand times more electricity than all the nft servers combined
because they provide more services using that power, whereas blockchains use all that power to mine imaginary money and append a line of text to a continuous torrent download
it is unarguably power-inefficient for the tasks it sets out to accomplish, no matter how you look at it

Some can be more environmentally friendly depending on which blockchain they are based on.

Even if they did those servers still need carbon and rare minerals to manufacture.

There are 2 kinds of blockchains atm :

Proof of work that uses mining machines all over the world processing power which is VERY inefficient energy wise

And Proof of Stake that is much more efficient because it doesn't use mining machines processing power.

Here's something I can do about it: not buy games that have them. And before anyone goes "hurr durr voting with your wallet doesn't work have fun playing nothing" trust me there are more than enough games out there to play if I never get another new one.

>"enviroment friendly" cars
Nigga where did you think Tesla got their initial marketing from? And don't forget that BMW and Volkswagen have been pushing that line in their marketing too.

>muh environment

I fucking hate people so much, why are they so easily manipulated.

gm

Same as environmentally anything this is pure bullshit.

only retard miners buys that shit so no.

Tezos transactions, which Ubisoft uses, cost 2mw per tx.
Consider with traditional databases you'd have to run and maintain the whole infrastructure 24/7 even if no one uses the service

Even if the energy to run them was generated for 'free', it's still a waste vs. using that energy for something more productive to society, which in turn means those blockchain-crunching machines are affecting the environment.

lmao

see pic related
Yes, the carbon cost of minting them on Proof of Stake networks is minimal.
It could also be the same on Proof of Work networks (like Ethereum is atm) if we ever got super efficient mining cards, instead of repurposing GPUs.
That being said, it being environmentally friendly or not isn't an issue right now; we shouldn't reject an innovation just because the firs iteration isn't "environmentally friendly". Thgey should be reject, in this case, because their use of this technology is useless, increasing complexity for developers without any advantages for users, just because management learned of a new buzzword.

Attached: twitter thread.webm (696x522, 1.72M)

>environmentally friendly
what?

Attached: 1639917819370.jpg (288x288, 24.68K)

>even if they don't affect the environment they still affect the environment
nice unwinnable argument greentard

>NFTs are a scam, proven, and they will go away in time.
ftfy

They do consume a lot of juice no matter how you look at it, which can be a bit of a problem depending on how shaky the power grid you're connected to is, like if you're living in Texas for example.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-27/texas-governor-eyes-bitcoin-mining-to-fortify-the-electric-grid
>Electricity-hungry Bitcoin miners could shore up the state’s power grid, a top priority after a deep freeze last winter triggered blackouts that left hundreds dead.

>The industry’s advocates have been making that pitch to the governor for years. The idea is that the miners’ computer arrays would demand so much electricity that someone would come along to build more power plants, something Texas badly needs. If the grid starts to go wobbly, as it did when winter storm Uri froze up power plants in February 2021, miners could quickly shut down to conserve energy for homes and businesses.

Attached: 1632359799891.png (750x715, 585.61K)

The devs of a crypto games franchise ( Cryptocars, planes, guards ) Rugpulled over 70 million USD last month.

Least it looks like they are just selling pngs instead of trying to tie it in to the games like other publishers are

>why dont people care about "enviroment friendly" cars, planes, cruisers tankers, farms, etc

First of all where the fuck have you been the last twenty years? Second of all think of all the services those things as well as "google servers" provides vs. what a bunch of monkey jpgs provides.

Pretty sure it's just them trolling

trust the plan

Attached: 1628137205014.webm (268x480, 2.9M)

youtu.be/w_dbFNWD910