Why did Darkstalkers fail while Hotel Transylvania became a huge hit...

Why did Darkstalkers fail while Hotel Transylvania became a huge hit? Both are wacky monster franchises inspired by Universal Monsters

Attached: 1643490045591.png (799x835, 584.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nV_boNIQV3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

one is a fighting game and one is an animated comedy(?) movie

Adam Sandler.
You want Darkstalkers 4, you better cast him as Demitri, Kevin Smith as Viktor, David Spade as Donovan, Selena Gomez as Morrigan (& Lilith), Steve Buscemi as Talbain, and Fran Drescher as Felicia.

What are you talking about, it's the same franchise

Attached: orig[1].jpg (1680x1050, 378.09K)

I was going to say Jew money, which saying Adam Sandler basically does.

Oh right, and Cee-Lo Green as Anakaris.

Left is made by Genndy Tartarkovsky while right is not.

I don't get why redraws of Sandler Drac as other characters gets me so much.
So you're saying Capcom needs to hire Genndy? Because I'd fucking love that.

Attached: 1627807609693.jpg (1104x1200, 231.28K)

If Hotel Transylvania is anything to go off of, then we should feel lucky that Darkstalkers stayed at 3 mainline entries. HT4 is a dumpster fire.

Hotel Transylvania is a goofy, family comedy and sticks to that, it knows what it wants to be. Darkstalkers is a tonal mess where you have edgy scary monsters, some of the which have sad backstories and motivations that involes, death, sorrow, murder etc.. but at the same time, they are also too wacky and over the top that you can't take it seriously at all.

Darkstalkers didn't fail, it sold plenty. But the arcade fightjgn game market died. Even Street Fighter died for an entire decade. Eventually Street Fighter managed to come back, but Darkstalkers didn't.

>2d fighting game by Genndy
OH GOD YES PLEASE

Attached: 1642877921927.webm (853x480, 2.8M)

Attached: Untitled.jpg (480x279, 54.3K)

You're not supposed to take it seriously. It's an arcade fighter. Most of the story shit doesn't even exist in the game itself, it's just footnotes written in some decade old Japanese guidebook.

Honestly that the regurgitated "wuh oh Drac/someone Drac-adjacent doesn't like humans/monsters and they have to learn to get over it" plot 4 times is kind of impressive in a way

Attached: orig[1].jpg (1500x1300, 289.27K)

>HT4 is a dumpster fire
why

Darkstalkers didn't fail. The original arcade releases did well.

B-but the gaming journos told me the port 20 years after the fact didn't sell!

Attached: 007-15_zpsileokhxu.png (1920x1520, 875.78K)

Genndy didn't direct, Sandler & James didn't come back, story is just the same plot as 1 despite 2&3 having Drac fine with Johnathan. Animation is lower quality than the first 3.

To be fair, the PS2 Collection Itsuno directed was better than Resurrection easily.

They got the Cow and Chicken creator to do the credits animation at least.
youtube.com/watch?v=nV_boNIQV3I

Attached: 1642201641073.png (848x411, 649.79K)

And it never got a western release for some reason. While I'm on the topic, the American naming scheme was fucked for the series.

>Vampire becomes Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
>Vampire Hunter becomes Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge
>Vampire Savior remains as is for arcades, but then gets renamed Darkstalkers 3 on console

Attached: 1638534727044.jpg (947x1033, 341.38K)

Darkstalkers doesn't have Mel Books in it you dimwit.