Looking into Deus Ex

The entire franchise is on sale on steam right now for a pretty damn low price. I know nothing about this series other than the fact that people here fucking love it.

Which of the games are actually worth playing?

Attached: 362.jpg (437x665, 29.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/258180/Deus_Ex_The_Fall/
gog.com/forum/deus_ex_series/the_nameless_mod_how_to_play_it_with_other_mods_installed
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Only invisible war kinda sucks. The rest are OK.

first game is really good
IW is frustrating because it's wasted potential
HR is a mediocre popcorn game. you can play it once and forget it existed
havent played MD

>Which of the games are actually worth playing?
Only the first one

They're good games mostly. Especially if you like games that let you play it how you want to instead of games telling you how you should.
The Fall is worse.

Attached: onions 35.jpg (1128x1080, 547.94K)

I don't know what The Fall is.

It's mobile phone shit that was later ported to pc and consoles. It's included in the Deus Ex bundle on steam. It's really bad.

store.steampowered.com/app/258180/Deus_Ex_The_Fall/

Attached: onions 36.png (680x847, 825.26K)

Invisible War is a good game, but a bad sequel. You'll have a better opinion of it if you play it first.

Deus Ex original is a pretty good game, but gets jerked off hard here by zoomers who try to larp like they played it. Its one of those games that you can see someone playing in 2000, really liking, and then they grow up to be a ron paul cultist or something. It's extremely "pseud". If you haven't played smarter games already, you'll like it, or if you're younger, but otherwise you might find yourself asking what the fuss is about. Its also pretty dated, especially visually.

Human Revolution is really more of a love letter to metal gear solid than it is to deus ex, so if you like metal gear, you might like it, and if you hate the first two deus ex games, you still might like it. Dated, badly written, pissy graphics, stupid game design that competes with itself, but it has its moments.

Mankind Divided is basically HR, but worse, but with better visuals. Worse writing, worse gameplay, the game is basically incomplete, but it does look pretty good, even today.

I haven't played "The Fall", that was originally a tablet game that got ported over.

kys boomercel

Just bought the first game cause it's ridiculously cheap. Gonna stick to this for now, and might play the others once they're on sale some other time, if I happen to like this one. Thanks bros.

Attached: all of you.png (898x556, 1005.36K)

Just play the original and ignore everything else.

You should lookin for job

I want to play The Nameless Mod, shit this thing is confusing me, there's the 1.0.4 version that is older, but there are those updates that are like the beta for the 2.0 or something? I don't even know, are those 3 recent downloads worth it or is it too buggy? How doI even install those newer ones, I dl'ed the latest Day 2 thing that says it is standalone, but I can't run it, it installs a new folder called TNM2 I suppose, but there's no updated exe in it, it also installed a new shortcut but it didn't do shit, this confusing to me

Also what are people using to run Deus Ex now, with kentie's launcher and everything, is the DirectX 10 renderer still the best? I hear there's now a DX11 one, shit the guide for this game needs to be updated

Attached: Nameless Mod downloads.png (624x386, 92.37K)

We love the first one, it transcends.
Everything else is a money grab.
The first one should be like a $1

i only like the first deus ex. it's dirt cheap too so give it a try.

The OG is great, but it's really old. Just prepare for some clunkyness and beneath it is pure gold.
HR is pretty decent, just doesn't really have that OG feel of dialogue, story and characters (parts that made it such a brilliant game). Still a decent game.

It’s going to be a trip playing it in 2022 with the first plot

Attached: 58660F4F-0FA8-4D8A-B7BC-E95895E020E6.jpg (1200x900, 113.49K)

They're going to remake the first one to make it a little harder to Google, and to disrupt references to it, same as so many other things. It'll be of lower quality, and more in line with modern thinking.

Attached: rats.jpg (1612x1127, 314.8K)

Currently playing the first one, it's pretty good, but it's so fucking overhyped and circlejerked because:
>nostalgia
>niche older game
>zoomers tryharding
>3x3 retarded "le vidya canon Any Forumschart"
Other than that, it's pretty good, the freedom you have to tackle missions and interact with the world is great, although temper your expectations because it is a very old game. Weapon variety is kind of limited, and aug acquiring and leveling is quite slow, but truth be told you'll rarely need them as much.

Attached: 6FD338FD-3B20-45D3-BA07-D10EEB59C189.jpg (600x1040, 147.63K)

I garintee you it’s not zoomer try Harding but actual old fags who were around when it came out that are jerking it off in these threads.

Attached: 52D1F8A7-EBF2-4A2D-9588-F3A87F2EA99C.jpg (284x177, 12.58K)

What stage are you on?

True, but there are a lot of zoomers circlejerking it to "fit in", because none of them have any personalities other than attaching to whatever subculture they are exposed
I'm at the pre-Hong Kong mission, where you get caught and have to escape from the HQ

Seconding this I wanna play but fuck figuring out all that shit.

I found this but haven't tried it yet, for the Kentie's launcher part
gog.com/forum/deus_ex_series/the_nameless_mod_how_to_play_it_with_other_mods_installed

>Backup your Deus Ex and TNM.exe files.
>Replace the deusex.exe with the one from the Kentie launcher archive.
>Get rid of TNM.exe. Copy and rename the new deusex.exe, to TNM.exe
>Run The Nameless Mod from the shortcut it put on your desktop.
>Make sure the mod is enabled, from the Data Directories button in the Kentie launcher.

>Weapon variety is kind of limited,
>pistol
>Knife
>laser sword
>riot prod
>pepper gun
>crossbow
>sniper rifle
>assault sshotgun use it to easymode boss fight
>sawed of shotgun.
>lam, gas nade , emp, scramble nade
>gep gun
>plasma rifle.
> truth be told you'll rarely need them as much.
This is true, but if you ever get good enough to do a real balls to the wall fire fight run through, instead of stealthing most of the time they come in handy

First game is great, but you need to install patches to get it working properly.

It's way ahead of it's time in comparison to games released now and around that time period. Predicted mass surveillance, unelected bureaucrats being the real source of power, etc. Gameplay wise, it's better than most games. You will be frustrated being lost, but you'll appreciate that it doesn't have the blandness of a collectathon open world game nor the restrictiveness of a movie game like CoD. The maps are big open sandboxes that feel fresh. You're never using the same method every time.

You will hate the sequels after playing the first.

Weapon variety is limited, not weapon types. I didn't explain myself well, but most of the weapons offer the same experience, and within what? The first 2 to 3 hours? You've seen all the game has to offer.

Attached: E24C930C-AE06-4D62-929E-C885573F2ED1.jpg (1113x920, 112.53K)

huh? what patches? i've never installed any and my copy of deus ex is from a physical disk

Prod and pepper gun allow different play styles.
Also the cross bow for a stealth run

>It's way ahead of it's time in comparison to games released now and around that time period. Predicted mass surveillance, unelected bureaucrats being the real source of power, etc.
That said, it isn't an inherently new concept, I don't understand the whole "Omg, Deus Ex did conspiracy stories first, literally the best work of fiction! It predicted XYZ". But I do love the story and everything, just not that certain opinion.

I see what you mean, but less is more in my opinion. You can switch ammo types for some and improvise, though the laser sword made melee weapons obsolete.

>True, but there are a lot of zoomers circlejerking it to "fit in"
modern games accentuate how these kind of old games are completely free of addiction gambling mechanics and such so it isnt really a mystery why there is a resurgence in popularity of older games among "zoomers" that are also fed up with the same shit "boomers" are.

Play Deus Ex 1 on realistic difficulty and go full stealth (melee, pistols, riflesm lethal or non-lethal all strong and viable, also you get the option to mount silencers on most weapons pretty early) for maximum immersion.
No savescumming required too since you can hide in vents when you trigger an alarm and just wait it out until they forget about you.

sounds to me like you were looking for an FPS and were disappointed

>"zoomers" that are also fed up with the same shit "boomers" are
that's a Any Forums fantasy, not reality

obviously not all of younger generation does this. but it isnt necessarily some fitting in thing if someone likes a video game made outside their generation.