Is it good?

The game itself, not the gacha.
Blah blah pozzed whatever.

Attached: arena_Meta-ShareImage.jpg (1200x630, 166.31K)

Yeah. The best TCG.
Don’t @ me

play Yugioh Master Duel instead

Yeah I’d say it’s fun, Deck building and card collecting, it’s free and about to get their new update. Only frustrating thing is that there is a competitive meta so sometimes you can just see unfun decks coming up to play against, and random draws can duck you over but also give you a big win. It’s pretty easy to get into

The game itself is probably the best TCG in the world but it's gone full SJW lately, putting in shit like gay planeswalkers and black vikings and they went on a rampage banning perfectly fine "racist" cards.

Attached: EaL7WqfXsAERtst.jpg (693x549, 193.56K)

did they really ban that white card?

pozzed

mtg itself is amazing. mtga is poorly coded mess, but its what we have, so we play

Yes. Also these.

Attached: six-other-racist-cards.jpg (1259x1162, 612.19K)

they definitely banned stone-throwing devils because the flavor text calls them out

More like because the heathens were also called devils in the crusades, but that card has nothing to so with crusades.

And this one.

Attached: 903d9fde-d7da-4a0e-a337-b63023c6d74b.png (745x1040, 2.1M)

yeah, I know. but its one of those coincidences that fits so perfectly that I must point it out.
they are just going out of their way to find things offensive.
Hell, im surprised the whole of kamigawa block wasnt banned when they took issue with the gypsy card

I've been playing it fot the past year here and there and I didn't play Mtg growing up but Yugioh.

I think the game itself is fun, however one has to keep in mind that Mtg is by its very nature a very broken and somewhat badly designed game. While the mana system is touted as being the great luck equalizer , there are many cards even in arena that go around it in many ways. It is not uncommon to have decks that can can kill you and go around mana ramp around turn 4, unless you cancel every turn with blue instants.

Mtg's main streangth is the color system, in that you can craft many interesting synergies. However it is also its main weakness , stomp decks will quite simply never win against control decks no matter the draw. This is not the same however in other tcg's. Most Yugioh decks in the meta have answers for multiple threats. In mtg is rush to victory with one strategy or lose trying.

I love it, OP. Draft is love. Draft is life.
And based on the spoilers, Kamigawa looks like it's gonna be incredible.

Attached: file.png (372x174, 80.27K)

based

>same artist does "Circle of Protection: Black"
>it's nothing interesting

>While the mana system is touted as being the great luck equalizer , there are many cards even in arena that go around it in many ways.
How is that a bad thing? Magic is a game that is all about bending its own rules. Mana is merely another one of those aspects.
>stomp decks will quite simply never win against control decks no matter the draw
I don't mean this to offend you, dude, and I'm glad you're having fun, but you still have a bit to learn about this game.

It's probably the closest thing to a good MTG client but
>Blah blah pozzed whatever.
bitch I fucking wish modern MTG's biggest issue was being pozzed. Game's just straight up FUBAR at this point

depends
Magic is by far the best card game out there
Magic arena is by far the worst online client out there

if you play draft exclusively it's okay

Haven't played since 2008, but my friend recently got me back in to try commander. The bigger deck size definitely makes it feel like i can do more fun combos and let's me get some good use out of my old cards.

>Game's just straight up FUBAR at this point
FIRE design really has been nothing but cancer. If there's one thing WOTC fears, it's the dreaded new player syndrome where Timmy gets discouraged when his dinosaur gets bolted. So their answer was to make the dinosaur give ten life and draw three cards on entering the battlefield, so now it doesn't even matter if Timmy's dinosaur gets removed.

>Stomp decks will never win against control decks
Kek

Attached: Gaeas-Revenge.png (300x418, 269.17K)

xmage.de