Indy wrestling 2000-2019

How were the 19 years of indy wrestling 2000-2019. Which wrestlers/companies did well? Which fizzled out?

Attached: 519535219_i8L3M-L-1.jpg (400x600, 230.76K)

Soul

Attached: zvcytgftdr051.jpg (1018x1226, 171K)

Can't speak for the others but ROH lost it's soul in 2009 and completely fizzled out by 2013
This is more like it. We have to go back

Attached: 7dsyfizdjw921.jpg (1016x618, 711.15K)

When did TNA lose it's charm? For me it was 2009-2010.

Seth Rollins has successfully killed at least two promotions

When they stopped using the six sided ring

Attached: arv1g3oa4ja21.jpg (4121x8000, 2.29M)

jeff jarrett is a channel changer not worth anyones time.

Roh grew for a decade after his reign

>Xavier
>Gibson
>Strong
>Edwards
Ininitely worse than Rollins

Are you disrespecting a GHC World Heavyweight champion?

Attached: tumblr_ovauqa1phN1rg89a6o1_1280.jpg (1080x1616, 192.77K)

I got online around 2002. Everyone was trying to re-create ECW. There was a golden age of indy talent as a bunch of people got in due to the boom period and a bunch of people who were kids when Hulk was big were finally old enough to get into wrestling.

CZW, IWA Mid-South, JAPW and XPW were the biggest indies and the Cage of Death and the Ted Petty Invitational were big deals. XPW secured the exclusive rights to the ECW Arena and forced everyone out which screwed up the indies. ROH quickly became the top dog on the indies with Paul London, American Dragon, AJ Styles, Daniels and Punk. Then the Rob Feinstein situation happened and TNA signed a bunch of ROH guys and wouldn't allow ROH to use them anymore. TNA were top villains on the IWC, which isn't a smart thing to do when you are trying to build up a promotion. ROH then came up with Generation Next and while it did work, it was the end of the golden era of ROH.

During the 2nd half of the 2000's, ROH was still the top indy but Danielson, Nigel and Homicide and so forth weren't as popular. They had the Dragon Gate wrestlers in for big shows and those were IWC favorites. JAPW never really expanded. CZW continued to be an outlaw indy and never grew past it with the Steen, Generico and Super Dragon crop of guys kind of being their last hurrah. XPW was done. IWA never expanded and had a bunch of issues. PWG also started growing and became the Western ROH, but they never had much interest in trying to expand. TNA also cherry picked the 2nd generation of ROH talent.

First part of the 2010's, it was ROH, PWG and Chikara. ROH could never grow people out of their own dojo. They got on TV but got on HDNet which had little reach and had a bunch of iPPV disasters, which hurt their momentum. ROH also had people like Elgin, Cole, Richards, Steen, Generico, Ciampa and so forth. PWG got bigger, but didn't expand, couldn't do iPPV's and their shows were months behind. TNA declined after losing the war.

That match where Double J burried all of TNA’s heels by beating five or six of them while handcuffed and kicking out of everyone’s finishers

indy wrestling peaked with zandig/czw

If you miss Zandig era CZW watch ICW:NHB. GCW used to be good before it was taken over by indy fags and flippy shitters. Kind of a history repeats itself thing with Danny Demanto mirroring Zandig’s betrayal and the company he helped build being turned to shit, and Brett being in the DJ Hyde position of turning a once great deathmatch promotion into typical indie shit, except Brett was too big of a pussy to step in the ring and have a matchX

>ROH lost it's soul in 2009
yeah cuz gabe stopped booking

2000-2019 is 20 years

Wrestling will never be this good again

Attached: bdk_9.jpg (350x194, 31.78K)

wxw was founded in 2000 and turned from some hardcore mudshow into the most well known continental European promotion

god damn I miss king of trios and the insane teams they'd have circa 08-10. glacier and the ice creams, necro and brain damage and toby klein, team uppercut, those were the days boys

this was beyond kino

>necro and brain damage and toby klein
Was that the one where everyone was doing submission holds on each other and Brain Damage was trying to figure out how to do one too. So when the crowd started yelling out holds brain damage yelled back I don't know any of those.
I miss chikara too