Why do all western games rely on guns? Are westerners creatively bankrupt?

Why do all western games rely on guns? Are westerners creatively bankrupt?

Attached: american_games.jpg (1285x901, 289.85K)

i dont know why you tell me dude it was your idea

Why do all eastern games rely on swords? Are easterners creatively bankrupt?

Attached: mythra.jpg (715x1117, 190.59K)

AMERICA VS JAPAN THREAD NUMBER 865892137891293819025678290374902143

it was your idea though

Because the blade is the ultimate weapon of honor. Knives were the first weapon crafted for honorable combat. All other weapons are made for slaughter rather than clean killing. Guns are a coward's weapon when compared to a sharp, pointy stick of metal.

>Knives
>honorable combat

And what does any of that have to do with making a fun game?

>Japans greatest samurai/swordsman ever, Musashi, was a huge troll, and actively did unhonorable shit to piss off and frustrate his opponents, and dishonorably killed one with a wooden oar for a boat.

>he can't dual wield
Get a load of this guy.

i dont know what that had to do with it, man, why dont you tell me since you brought it up dude, huh, what does it have to do with it, huh??

Op here. By western games I meant games that take a wild west thematic(like RDR)

one thing that I have never understood but have always been really curious about: Why are there so many oversized guns in American Video Games (and other American based media)?

Examples include Video games Doom or Gears of War, but also other games like Quake or Wolfenstein.

It's not that I don't like those games. I am just wondering why and how this "big gun style" became almost standard for many different kinds of gun themed video games. (Okay, not all of them, Call of Duty beeing a popular counter example).

How is this connected to American Culture? Does a hero with a "small gun" look like a wimp to American audience? Could it be that American fiction in general is way more "aggressive"/"obvious" with their gun design than asian fiction? I don't know any asian game that uses this "oversized gun" style. What does this tell us about the different approaches between American and eastern games?

Then of course, there is the sexual symbolism of a "man with a huge gun" which is so obvious that it can sometimes look cringy to me: Femal characters are often super sexy, male characters need muscles and a "huge gun". Are Americans so insecure about their penis sizes that they need guns to prove how manly they are? What about women with guns like the Terminator and Aliens ones? Do American men secretly have an obsession with women with penises?

get a load of this retard responding seriously, this thread is serious business to him

What a lad.

>oar for a boat.
there are other oars?

Yes, I use an oar to paddle through the shit on this board.

Kek

I think it's dishonorable to kill anyone with a bullet that's smaller than 10mm or 40caliber. Preferably 45cal or larger.

is that what you think huh? i dont care whatever dude shut up who cares

Because they are fun, they are also fun irl but I can't shoot one because the best I can do is shooting 5 shots of .22 at a nearby range for like 25 eurobucks...

>Knives were crafted for honorable combat
>Guns are a coward's weapon
You're, like, completely missing the point.

People didn't sort things through combat, they sorted things before God. And because if they had to wait for God to intervene on his own things would have lasted forever, they resorted to a duel of which God would decide the outcome.

The weapon matters little, there's no honor nor skill involved.

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 1.95M)

We're gonna have to put you down, 9mm boy.

Attached: WKJ56JAPWOQAFUNTNMQ6DFSR7Q[1].jpg (1000x666, 211.78K)

are we? i dont know what you're talking about man shut up who cares, whatever dude

not american but guns are cool. they're loud and smell of gunpowder is neat. bigger gun, louder sound, brighter blast.

>Why do all western games rely on guns?
Because we're at peace. In a time of war we'd probably all play Animal Crossing.

Games are a reflection of our time, if guns are still a game to us, we're still good.

I'm put off by the overabundance of shooters not because I actually want to play space veterinarian political sim or whatever, but because I love shooters and I hate seeing the take of "shooters are played out!" Just because big developers refuse to stop making games derivative of whatever the big shooter of the time is.

We don't have a single Titanfall-mobility metroidvania FPS and people have the audacity to say the genre is done with iteration

what are you talking about due who cares shut up man whatever

Most direct and immediate form of interaction with the game's world. Click M1 to kill enemy. Bang. Enemy dead and lying on the ground

It's dead simple

Attached: didn't ask don't care plus your gay.webm (1158x1080, 253.34K)

there's tron2.0

is it simple? i dont know what you're talking about dude shut up man whatever

yes /thread

the gun is good

well tron 2.0 is pretty cool

is it good? what are you talking about man who cares