ONWARD... TO GLORY!

ONWARD... TO GLORY!

Attached: 1620526851009.jpg (400x330, 103.85K)

just played against Sisters AI
if you rush Whirlwind MK1 and Damocles early the AI will shit itself
if you let the AI go around and cap shit you will have a bad time, this is especially true for Sisters, somehow they curbstomp every other AI

should I get into warhammer

watch Emperor Text To Speech, the first 5 episodes and see how you like the settings
or dig up some articles from the archived 1d4chan, they are usually entertaining enough, Warhound/Reaver Titans are good starting points

which one has the cutie rat boys

>watch Emperor Text To Speech
This is the worst way to get introduced to the setting. Fuck you.

way to miss the second option I gave him and the fact that I limited it to the first 5 episodes
I know you lot like to hate popular things, but come on

It's shit

Fantasy Battle, in 40k the endless devouring horde with strangely advanced technology are space dinosaurs.

Text-To-Speech should never have been a thought, let alone a suggestion, regarding introduction to the setting.

oh shi-

Attached: .....png (1157x884, 912.43K)

>Kri*g

Oh, alternatively, you can watch Behemoth, the introduction (or first encounter) of the galaxy eater race - the Tyranids, but in order to understand the scale of the the Tyranids, you also should know how strong an average Space Marine is, which you can read up on Space Marines as you watch the 3 episodes series

>tfw Warp overtaking me
>tfw it is a good pain

No
kys

Start with Dawn of War. If you enjoyed it, play Winter Assault. If not, move to Dark Crusade (absolutely fantastic as far as lore-introduction goes since it features 7 races condensed into a Risk-style map while being very faithful and atmospheric about it. Under no circumstances you should play Soulstorm unless you've played the previous games to death craving for more and/or want to try multiplayer/mods, game was very clearly rushed to release with it's "first draft" script).

Move on to DoW2, skip to Chaos Rising if the campaign gets too bland for you. Retribution is similar to Dark Crusade in that it features multiple campaigns that thread an almost identical plot progression but, in my opinion, failed to delived. Still a decent game if you want to try out every DoW2 race in a mini-playthrough.

Finally, if none of the games appeal to you (or you really despise RTS), give Space Marine and Mechanicus a shot. Granted, I haven't played the latter but heard nothing but good things about it.

seethe

It's expensive, the balance is horrible, and the points are made up.

That said, would you like to buy my old models?

dead wrong. it presents the settings in an engaging way BEFORE it became its own thing due to the latest edition advancing the plot. The beginning introduces just enough for the viewer to grasp "what the fuck is going on" while possibly leaving them wanting to look up other things on their own. (who are these golden warriors and why are they worshipping a skeleton)
of course, if you are already familiar with the universe yourself, TTS won't be as entertaining.

Play UnificationMod

Cringe post.

>don't enjoy DoW
>enjoy Soulstorm exlcusively for mods
simple as, I see Titans, I like

Attached: 8f76761bde2e2c37c99b71e74aae32cd.jpg (723x666, 23.26K)

fuck off kekoulis

Nothing comfier than building up your base in the first few moments of a match. It's almost a shame that there's gotta fighting, but Recquisition ain't gonna gather itself. Efficiently, at least.

Voice acting/sound design is more important than graphics for RTS games, prove me wrong. I will happily move blobs of colored pixels around the map if they sound entertaining enough.

I like AoS

the game itself? no

its a pretty fun if really dumb setting to get into and has a few good games, but if you want to go all in on table top be warned it will be pretty expensive

I beat DoW's campaign for the first time recently, and just started Winter Assault the other day. My biggest annoyance in the first game which seems almost worse in Winter Assault is the congestion when moving multiple squads through tighter areas, which gets even worse when you throw vehicles in the mix too. I figured maybe I just had too many squads fielded at once and you're supposed to bring less squads at a time, but then the first mission gives you 7 IG squads and a commander, and only two lanes through the map really, and then gives you 4 vehicles as you progress on top of that. Even with an even split between the lanes they'd frequently have pathing issues running into other squads. Any tips for an RTSlet on dealing with troop congestion in tighter areas in DoW? Does it just boil down to maneuvering each squad individually to avoid pathing issues? I really enjoy the gameplay and setting otherwise so it'd be swell if there was some easy trick to it.

That is a fact. Dawn of war has one of the best voice acting among strategy games.