Ace Attorney

What exactly is next for this series? I mean I want Ace Attorney 7 but wouldn't it feel dull to have Phoenix/Anything Agency being in the spotlight once again? I hope if AA7 is made that Capcom and whoever the lead writer ends up being decide to finally make him retire or adopt an official background/mentor role. I'd love to see a game focusing on Athena and Trucy exploring their dynamic. Or maybe just completely drop the characters and go the GAA route experimenting with different settings. That felt great

Attached: EbMkodbXsAE2Vwe.jpg (1244x801, 133.26K)

I feel like GAA showed that you don't need the old cast anymore as long as you have Shu Takumi and co. coming up with a fresh new spin or setting. We've done Victorian, why not Taisho era Japan?

Didn't the main creator of the original series leave Captom?

Old news , he showed up last year with that fedora

It would be nice is AA7 was just a video of the developers of AA5/6 and GAA being put to death for ruining the Ace Attorney series.

It's not really only due to AA5/6 but because of a lot of factors. Like Takumi being busy with other series and weird decisions Capcom made after Apollo Justice who set a weird precedent by disbarring Phoenix, putting him in the spotlight of the game but not really at the same time, still making him to be more important than the actual new MC. The reception being poor and Takumi being focused on other stuff like Ghost Trick or PLvsAA made Yamazaki step in. They saw how good he was with AAI 2 especially and thought he could tackle the main series as Takumi was busy doing whatever else

There were a lot of things wrong with DD and SoJ first thing being the switch to soulless 3D considerably slowing down the pacing of the games but the worst offender is the weird policy of not spoiling previous games and characters not being able to grow or evolve past what the fans originally liked from the trilogy. Yamazaki clearly wanted to play it safe likely because of Capcom but also because of the poor reception of Apollo Justice

Attached: 1643615870238.png (512x768, 67.33K)

And theres way to much fucking text in recent games.
GAA's first case contains 4 times as much text as AA1

No, you're confusing him with Yamazaki, who wrote AAI1 and 2, and the abominations called AA5 and AA6. Good riddance, but good luck to the writer who will have to make Apollo's bullshit backstory and his return to the office make sense. Seriously, good fucking luck with that.

Apollo Justice was received very well actually, it's just that Capcol didn't want to wait until Takumi was done with PLvsAA to start AA5's development and Yamazaki cared way more about putting mindless fanservice and memetic plot twists in his games than actually telling a story.

i want apollo to cum in my coffee

>what's next?
Another protagonist with his mentor/friend died after the first case, he/her picked up their will to become a lawyer. He meet a evil-looking prosecutor who had never lost in the court before and beats him/her easily a few times. Turns out the evil prosecutor is the good guy afterall and get themselves wrongly accused. The protagonist proceed to defeat the final boss, who is the highest-ranking official in the judicial system, and saved the prosecutor.

Klavier please stop posting.

>adhd retard filtered by reading
Considering the first chapter of GAA has two cases instead of one and introduces the entirely new setting of japan and britain and the new cast instead of the stupid localized shit like japanifornia, it is reasonably long. And GAA games are connected by plot threads while AA1 is disconnected (case-by-case) in general.

I'm not ordering anything at that cafe until maya takes all her footwear off

Ryunosuke and Susato in Japan please.

What was the Gavin brothers' backstory supposed to be? We just know it was supposed to explain Kirstoph's scar, but that's not enough. I'm guessing they have dead parents, Kristoph had his scar when they died (either an accident or murder or whatever), he had to raise Klavier after that and that's why Klavier loved him so much and didn't really suspect him of forgery and murder.

maya is a fucking retard

Attached: Maya_Fey_Portrait.png (847x1112, 1.1M)

She's way less retarded than most people in her family though, including her very distant family if we count the royal family of Khurain. Not sure if that's an achievement though.

>What exactly is next for this series
Shu coming back and direct new AA with new cast maybe set in modern London or something

Attached: Shu Takumi.jpg (852x852, 129.76K)

What's funny is that when you think about it, instead of creating Khurain for AA6 the writers could have just put the characters in either Germany or England if they really wanted to have a foreign country, since both are often mentioned in the previous games. It would have been way less ridiculous.

Capcom just want to milk Phoenix and the cast since theyre the faces of the title, i know Shu Takumi doesnt want to continue the Phoenix story anymore since he went straight to direct GAA after AA3 and his magnum opus Ghost Trick