Why did RTS die?

Why did RTS die?

Attached: 1627972437943.jpg (600x451, 226.91K)

autism is not a majority market

Same reason as point and click before it, declining intelligence and attention spans

They're playing dota or league now.
Not to mention koreans got bored of it

It got too competitive. I love Age of Empires 2, I've been playing it for over 2 decades, but once you get to multiplayer. You're talking like 10-20 minutes of setting up. People resigning because they got to an age too late. Or they micro'd their sheep wrong. Or the enemy put a barracks too close to their base.

Why play an hour in a game you've already lost? That's why MOBAs suck too. These are snowballing games. Once you get the upper hand, anyone with a braincell is going to abuse that upper hand. Theres not a lot of good ways to counter it.

We had this thread already

>aoe2
>hour
I'm seeing why Any Forums is considered the most casual board, although that honour actually goes to either Any Forums or /vr/

the rise of consoles

Starcraft 2 is a great game that intimidates Any Forums because they can't even beat a bronze player

>B-B-B-BUT LE GOOKCLICK BAD

Cope, you can get to GM with 60 APM just focusing on macro and not being a retard

Attached: Marine_SC2_DevRend2.jpg (360x450, 24.31K)

no one asked you faggot

Same time of night, same thread, same answer. Insanely high skill ceiling and insanely sweaty tryhards make multiplayer a completely unfun grind. Campaigns way too short to sustain the games.

Exactly this, Any Forums gets hard filtered because they're all storyfags.

>you can get to GM with 60 APM just focusing on macro and not being a retard

maybe as protoss

>Surely it can't be that bad
It's worse
That's true for the entire catalog, at least this is on topic.
Not mentioning Any Forums makes me think you don't know what you're talking about.

Attached: proxy-image.jpg (616x353, 189.19K)

We had this thread yesterday but I didnt get any replies;Case i went to sleep, so heres roughly the same copy pasta.

IMO
Lack of ram on consoles; and thus only shit RTS on consoles, is the reason for RTS dying out.
Now the consoles have enough ram for normal RTS games, but the hype behind RTS is pretty much gone. Maybe Microsoft can put some new life into Starcraft?

I can see them making a Gears clone out of the starcraft universe.

Ubisoft style open world as a Marine, on a 1v1 SC2 MP map claimed by zerg, just unlocking stuff as you progress, weapons, attachments and vespene gass extractors.
Abadoned human towns where you free infected humans and keep in a containment area until they are cured

Blowing up a nuke to prevent zerg's underground burrow could alter the landscape(Call it half way through the game progression) and revealing Protoss hidden artifacts and "Stasis" enemies that will fight you

4Player coop.
You all start as Marines, but as you progress through the turtorial you unlock medic(as you witness a lot of damage) pyro as you unlock the first vespen gass extractor.etc.etc

Vechiles be somewhat locked too certian missions such as siege tanks.
Traversel vechiles much more avaiable for getting around the big ass 1v1 map.

This gay?1

APMfags destroyed the desire for slower paced niche RTS games like homeworld. grand strategy is not the same thing

it didn't

>sweaty tryhard
Agreed, those sweaty elitist gatekeepers are so yikes they need to touch grass sister
Not to mention that yucky gross art style all about warfare and testosterone, yikes, I prefer the pic related style much more for our modern age.

Attached: calico.jpg (1280x720, 188.34K)

BW was the endgame of the genre and it's been on a decline ever since

Redpill me on how to "get" BW
It's fun but feels really jank

Multiplayer is all about autistic build order memorization and clicking fast. It's mindless repetition, and there's hardly any strategy involved (no, rush>boom>turtle>rush RPS is NOT strategy)

play C&C then come back to BW

try harder faggot

Post a replay of one your matches so we can see if you're qualified to discuss high level play.

a build order is a strategy brainlet, just because someone smarter than you came up with it doesn't change that

Its a good game but the pathfinding is shit. Units should do what YOU tell them to do. Fighting the shitty pathfinding is not a "feature"

No.
The strategies are solved. There's no room for creativity if you're playing seriously.

Attached: chad.jpg (912x1024, 71.21K)

>literally refusing to post replays
>acts with authority
ahahhaha

>The strategies are solved. There's no room for creativity if you're playing seriously.

this is incorrect

Emergence of AAA games and all that follows around that.

I remember back in the day I used to enjoy watching WhiteRa because he was famous for doing weird fuckin builds and strategies that made watching his games much more interesting than other people. I think he was like 35 even then though so he's probably dead now or something.

Rote memorization + clicking fast is not that entertaining for most people
Basically a genre dominated by autists and sweaties

>sweat
>sweaties
Did I miss something, what the fuck is this term?

zoomer term for tryhards

Focus on competitive multiplayer instead of co-op. eSports. Public investment. The only companies making them getting too big for their britches.
There are a lot of reasons.

How are the strategies "solved"?

SC2 pathfinding is still the best in the genre.

The same way chess is "solved" to the midgame, depending on what openings you're playing.

It's sad to me that you have now learned this term, life was better when you didn't know it.