Is there a recommended games image for this series...

Is there a recommended games image for this series? In particular I'd like to know which of the PSX games to play on my handheld device.

Attached: residentevil.jpg (1024x1024, 195.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/biohazard-mediakite
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-classic-rebirth/
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/re1cr-troubleshooting/
archive.org/details/biohazard-2-sourcenext
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-2-classic-rebirth/
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/re2cr-troubleshooting/
archive.org/details/biohazard-3-source-next
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-3-classic-rebirth/
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/re3cr-troubleshooting/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you just want the Playstaion ones play the original main series, 1st, RE2 and RE3. And then CV. Then check oit the Remake of the 1st and then 4.

Optional: outbreak, 0, 5 then 6

You can check Revalations, 7 8 and the remake of 2 skip the 3rd remake tho unless you can pirate or get for cheap

You play in order. 1, 2, 3, CV, 0, Remake 1. They're all good and 5 hours long. You can play remake 1 first if you are zoomer turned off by earlier graphics.
Then check out Dino Crisis, Onimusha, Parasite Eve etc

You play them all in release order.
RE1, RE2, RE3, CV, REmake, RE4.

Then just stop, unless you really want to see a finale to some of the character's tale in RE5, and get to actually co-op with a friend. Otherwise, it's pretty unbearable.
Rest of the games do not matter. Zero is only for HC masochist fans of the oldschool playstyle, and the coomer-zoomer shit of late-2010s is just embarrassing movie shit.

Switch to Silent Hill and Fatal Frame afterwards.

Attached: muh RESI games collection -smol 2021 update.jpg (1766x1542, 1.03M)

>skip the 3rd remake tho unless you can pirate
I'd recommend pirating everything from RE7 forward. They're all shitty, disposable games you don't wanna waste money on.

REmake came out before Zero though. I wouldn't really recommend the latter.

Attached: ....webm (1280x720, 1.93M)

Revelations?

>is there a recommended games image for this series?
No, because the fanbase's been split into like 3 to 4 factions at this point. If you actually care about the series' true roots and real survival-horror gameplay, you start from the beginning and work your way up from there in release order.

>which of the PSX games to play on my handheld
Way to miss a huge chunk of atmosphere on a tiny screen with poor audio.
But again, the numbered entries are the must-play ones. Tons of replay value in each one of them.

Start with classic RE1, or one of its many ports / revisions; only version you want to avoid is the mouthful "Director's Cut: Dual Shock Edition", which is a different thing than the regular "Director's Cut".
Play as Jill first.

>Feeling lazy?
Just emulate the PS1 originals using DuckStation, and enjoy!

>want something fancier?
GC's ports of RE2 and 3 are arguably the very best, and got some cool mods.
The later Japanese PC ports with fan-patches are pretty neat way to play them natively on PC:

>Biohazard Mediakite ISO
archive.org/details/biohazard-mediakite
>Classic Rebirth patch
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-classic-rebirth/
>Installation instructions
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/re1cr-troubleshooting/

>Biohazard 2 Sourcenext ISO
archive.org/details/biohazard-2-sourcenext
>Classic Rebirth and official 1.1.0 patch
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-2-classic-rebirth/
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/re2cr-troubleshooting/

>Biohazard 3 Sourcenext ISO
archive.org/details/biohazard-3-source-next
>Classic Rebirth and official 1.1.0 patch
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-3-classic-rebirth/
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/re3cr-troubleshooting/

>What about them spinoffs?
Outbreak 1-2 are great online games.
Dead Aim's a fun FPS.

Attached: re2 & 3 version guide.jpg (2319x2250, 1.39M)

They're all pretty good except remake 3 which is bad because they removed too many areas and made a already short game even shorter.

No. Revelaitons.

Attached: file.png (816x612, 733.69K)

RE0 was developed for the N64 and can be played at any time since it's a prequel. I put Remake last because if OP plays the original first it's fun to play Remake last to reflect on the evolution. And I absolutely recommend 0, never understood the hate, I consider it superior to 3 and CV and the closest to RE1 in design.

I would skip RE1 original on PS1, unless you're interested in "game culture" or design progression or whatever. It hasn't aged well. Play the remake instead.
Original RE2 and 3/nemesis are still good for ps1 versions.
On new systems, REmake2 is great. A lot of work/love put into it. REmake3 was very disappointing. It's like dlc.

They did the same thing with DEmake2, all while destroying the story and replay value, but no one seemed to care.
As long as you don't pretend either one of them to be a valid replacement for the classic RE games, they're fine.

>RE0 was developed for the N64 and can be played at any time since it's a prequel.
No, it cannot.
I cannot stress how fucking awful that thing is. The story is batshit insane, which literally undermines the whole series, and gameplay leaves a lot to be desired.
I've seen newbies make a mistake of starting with RE0, and it legit turned them off of the entire RESI franchise for years.

>I would skip RE1 original on PS1, unless you're interested in "game culture" or design progression or whatever. It hasn't aged well.
That's just bullshit bro.
I played the whole trilogy for the very first time ever in 2021, and RE1 instantly skyrocketed to be one of my favorite games of all time.
Yes, I am talking about the 1996 Resident Evil 1, which I emulated and streamed. It has aged tremendously well.
I did love the REmake 1 a ton as well, but you will absolutely miss a huge chunk of that game's appeal point, namely the clever mind-games the devs play on the veteran fans and the whole "whoa!" effect, if you skip the original game.

>REmake2 is great. A lot of work/love put into it
I can't hate it since it was my first game, but after playing the classic RE2, I must say that the 1998 original is a lot better designed game.

Attached: My take on RE games 5-2021_2.png (756x698, 368.44K)

Cool people with attractive penises dislike re0 for the zapping system. no item boxes was a neat idea but it just sucks in practice. Enemy design is also terrible. Slugs and leeches and big bats and monkeys. Stupid. It does have Rebecca, however. She's adorable.

Who gives a shit about story in RE. And gameplay is identical to the other tank control entries. Only gameplay complaints are always trivial bullshit like item drops instead of the box who cares just leave your shit in the main hall, and the hook shot which is just an annoyance but 3 and CV also have their lot of shitty design decisions. Meanwhile the atmosphere is excellent, it has the most gorgeous pre-rendered environments with Remake, and more of a focus on puzzle solving.

I really don't get how the people shitting on 1 can also be the same ones who claim 1 is the best, but then would also prefer 3 or CV over it when they completely lose the essence of RE1.

Re1-4 (originals) are all some of the definitive video games in history.
Rest range from meh to utter diarrhea.

>who gives a shit about stiry?
I and millions of other people.
It is a terrible prequel and a bad game.

almost no one ever mentions how nice OBSCURE was in RE threads

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.jpg (1920x1080, 205.43K)

>and a bad game.
How so?

>How so?
Poor level design that occasionally makes no fucking sense lore-wise.
The dropping items thing sounds like a god-sent gift at first glance, but ends up cluttering random rooms + forces you to juggle items between you and your AI companion.
Numerous situations that boil down to trial and error thanks to the partner-system requiring a specific thing X or Y, sometimes resulting your buddy getting killed off-screen even. It's like they wanted to make a co-op game but settled down with poor AI - which in other games was at least balanced by the said AI partner having infinite ammo in their own weapons, not using player's supplies.