Monster Hunter

I never got to play 3U, is it worth the 5 bucks on the Eshop or has it been eclipsed by better entries? Is the swimming really as dogshit as people say, or is it sorely missed?

Attached: Box_Art-MH3U_N3DS_NA.jpg (1500x1334, 473.49K)

It's the best MH game ever made.

Attached: 1617165704214.jpg (1810x2409, 1.89M)

The answer to all your questions is yes. Yes it has been eclipsed by better entries, yes it's worth 5 bucks and yes the swimming is as bad as people say. Still worth playing since there's a handful of monsters in 3U that have never appeared in another game since, and they aren't bad fights either.

It has a really good monster roster, absolutely worth 5 bucks. Also underwater combat isn't that bad

What the user said, it's worth 5 bux, it's been eclipsed and swimming is really dogshit, especially if you don't have the propad second joystick thingy

no, i wish we had swimming back so we can have lagia

Also honestly, emulate the Wiiu version, you'll be playing offline anyway and better cnotrols

5 bucks is a steal for the amount of content that game has

Why did Gigginox never come back?

because nips are autistically obsessed with khezu and refuse to accept that gigginox is superior in every way

I hate them
I hate them more than anything, it's not fucking right

Attached: 1642549135092.png (540x540, 282.3K)

I have no clue. It sure isn't because of Khezu considering how many monsters that have really similar counterparts that have returned since 3U, like Monoblos and Diablos in 4U. Khezu and Gigginox aren't even that similar in terms of their actual fights besides the climbing walls/ceilings.

I think it might have something to do with the spawning Giggis mechanic or something but I'm basing that off nothing.

Underwater is better if it has better camera controls, so the WiiU version could be better in that regards, maybe
Their own fault for making it another poison monster

It's my favorite MH game. The last of the classic games. I love underwater combat.

Absolutely worth the 5 dollars OP. Get it

3ds doesnt have online for 3u

No game has been better

tri was dog shit and barren on release and 3u just copy pasted p3rds fixes while breaking the lighting on purpose for some reason

Tri was before 3u, why even bring it up?

These are the games you should play on emulators if you never played them:
>FU is the best experience for all 1st and 2nd gen content
>F1 is the defacto 1st gen experience, but not really worth playing unless you have nostalgia for 1st gen.
>3U is the best 3rd gen game as it's the Ultimate game, Tri has a better HR hub and village but not enough to emulate over 3U.
>P3rd is everything good about 3rd gen withount the shitty Underwater mechanics or cancerous slime. No G rank but if it had it, it would be miles ahead of 3U. Worth emulating in it's own right.
>4U is the only real 4th gen game worth emulating, no reason to play 4, or X. If you plan on playing XX/GU, definitely play 4U first.

I've played 4U, GU, World and Rise
But I've yet to play FU and 3U, and I'm interested
How easy is Wii U emulation? Or would I need a good PC?

Attached: 1445974798267.png (850x723, 67.46K)

Also if anyone gives a shit, I love the Greatsword
It has stood strong across all the games, which I am thankful for

Yes, 3U is the best classic MH. Swimming is fine, MH fans are just autists over any change.

>Is the swimming really as dogshit as people say
Any swimming complaining is from fags that played it on 3DS. Playing it on an actual controller on Wii U and it's completely fine. Brought more good than bad due to new environments/monsters/behaviors that werent possible before in the series