How do we save horror games?

How do we save horror games?

Attached: nuyh21zrad461.jpg (4096x3072, 1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hJhuu-TUpBw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That looks comfy, not scary.

>right click
>save aaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAs

>zoomers are afraid of poorly composed photographs of mostly empty office spaces

This is why we need to bring back bullying

How do we save horror threads on Any Forums?
It feels like every thread now starts with le empty large spaces maymay with the same responses

Has anyone on Any Forums ever considered being a liminal photographer?
youtu.be/hJhuu-TUpBw

Instead of relying solely on "le epic scawy monster having an epilepsy attack in your face jumpscare xd" give the players actual dread. The only game in recent times that managed to spook me even a bit was a ghost in phasmophobia. When the fucker started hunting he started whispering "where are you?" continously as he was searching for me. That was way more frightening than any jumpscare in recent times.

Get a couple of bros and a set up and that place would be sick

Leave it vague like for fuck sake every time I see something horror related attract normies like the backrooms or siren head they all race to gush out some shitty backstory or more nonsense to add to it
>Backrooms are just a simple idea of a reaching some sort of out of bounds place irl that is just identical rooms connecting to each other
>"actually there are multiple floors, floor 2 is below floor 1 and has a danger rating or 3 because it has a entity rating for 2 and a chaos factor of 1 and is also home to two factions while also being random clouds radiation"

This also goes for games like fnaf and hello neighbor that had great starts but crumble under the weight of all there convoluted lore that just confuses you and drain all interest

I agree, those kinds of circles it's like a bunch of schizos trying to explain a joke that has been extinct for a decade

Hyper violent depictions of real crimes like rape, drugging, pedophilia, misgendering* and other things only scum would do should do the trick for horror probably.Isn't horror supposed to be scary and terrifying, so why not be literal?

FPBP
OP is a zoomer troglodyte that gets scared over empty rooms

Attached: file.png (480x360, 264.79K)

Stop having everything be a carbon copy of FNAF with >le jumpscare every 5 minutes and bring back true psychological horrors.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 685.65K)

insanely based

Oh my god is that......it is........office space! I am so scared!

The only game that comes close to your description is condemned 1 because outside of the vague cult stuff it does feel like I'm stuck in some junkie den fighting crackheads

Attached: hobofight.jpg (1024x576, 54.61K)

Post that one /x/ pasta with links from 10 years ago.

Have another one.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 299.54K)

Attached: lg225_-spooky-15-squat--.png (640x480, 459.12K)

Whenever I see these empty/abandoned "liminal space" pictures, it just makes me miss being a teenager. If I could live that time over again, I would have definitely spent it hanging out at places like these and exploring them with a couple of buddies. I could have made some fantastic memories doing it.

Attached: teenage-friends.jpg (1200x801, 175.83K)

Make them in broad daylight

Attached: footage-bear.0.jpg (1280x720, 136.53K)

One reason I hate Control so much is because it essentially is LIMINAL SPACES THE GAME. They make a big point explaining in the lore that the OLDEST HOUSE can just shift and grow at whim.

There's nothing scary or honestly even interesting about Control until the last 30 minutes of the game when the protagonist goes a Schizo kick. It's just fucking boring.

Attached: LIMINAL.jpg (3840x2160, 712.98K)

to be honest I think if someone managed to translate the broken escheresque divide-by-zero perspective of these neural network images into real time 3D, I'd be pretty impressed. and it wouldn't be too hard to make a spooky game out of that.

sounds more like it was inspired by house of leaves than le gm_construct meme to me.

Bibical angel pitbulls everywhere at the end of time in liminal spaces

less jump scares

Attached: blackbearwithmange.webm (700x464, 2.95M)