Who is this FOR?

Who is this FOR?

Attached: Steam_Deck_coop.jpg (1400x1050, 153.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ViCA--Wi26s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's a very good question, OP. You really do wonder what they were thinking. But then again, we are talking about the same company that came up with 'steam machines'.

why my penus wenus of course!

Me

Attached: 1643119043518.jpg (1564x1147, 223.84K)

People who like the Switch but want to play more than the 10 games Nintendo released on the thing.

i dunno

Attached: 20220124_065503.jpg (2097x1471, 376.19K)

m8, the switch has a fucking huge library. I can think of plenty of fair criticisms for the switch, but a lack of games is NOT one of them.

People with large Steam libraries

Me, nigga

Playing 3rd party games on the Switch.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Oh wait you're serious.

Attached: 17032231.jpg (801x534, 38.03K)

The Switch's biggest issue is the lack of a proper VC. I get that some people are satisfied with their online netflix esque service, but I hate that shit. I want to emulate fucking everything on this thing.

Aren't they selling this at a loss, hoping that people will buy steam games to make up for it?

>phoenix wright
>layton
nigga, 2 of my favourite franchises I only know about because they were 3rd party Nintendo.

I took the Ayn Odin pill yesterday and canceled my pre-order. You're welcome.
>PS2 for 5 hours on a single charge at 60fps on a handheld the size of my phone

youtube.com/watch?v=ViCA--Wi26s

People who have large libraries will probably keep adding to it, especially if they get the Deck

Pretty ignorant man. So many games I like have been ported to the thing.. which I like, I guess.

>I can play Parakike games on it, with SteamOS on it as well
I'm getting the V2 since this device was sold out.

>probably keep adding to it
the deck doesn't seem very future proof though. I can't see many games from late 2022 running on it. not AAA ones at any rate.

I've been rebuying some of my switch games on steam specifically for this

Lmao, that thing literally has the same specs as my phone, but overclocked. It's going to be nothing special.

judging by who they gave all the review units to, the devs of indie coomer games where you play as a pedo, and trannies.

They want this to reinforce current Steam users to stay in their ecosystem. If you go on their website they explicitly mention multiple times that your existing library carries over and your saves sync between them (plus your achievements).

Attached: steam.png (1691x740, 1.03M)

It's going to be fine for what most people play on Steam aka indie and AA games

It's less powerful than my phone, but has active cooling, a built in controller (so no lag, and can actually use headphones), an overclock and I don't have to tie up my phone or waste battery on games.

Seems great to me.

I'm gonna wait for the gog handheld.

the joke is people playing half assed ports on the switch you dumb fucking nigger.

Gabe said that the price point was "painful", but what that means exactly (large/small loss, breaking even, only a tiny profit?) wasn't elaborated on.

Attached: file.png (1209x181, 39.43K)

There's a handful of 3rd party Switch games that are good. Most 3rd party games on Switch are shitty compromised ports.
Someone post the Art of Rally Switch screenshot. Kek. You get shit versions of everything.

Attached: 1641601192655.jpg (474x462, 34.79K)

It's cheap by PC standards, it's portable, it runs a large part of your Steam library.
At a time when getting a new PC is an issue, I suspect the Steam deck will do well regardless of the fact that I'm also not entirely sure why it's shaped like a handheld.

The biggest failure of Steam Machines was the library support, or rather, the total lack of it.
People were interested in it because it was an active callout to Microsoft pushing for games on their own storefront over Steam, rather than as an actual product, since developers sure as fuck weren't going to port their shit to yet another platform if they weren't going to get a decent return on investment.

In contrast, the Steam Deck has Proton, and can run a bunch of your Windows games.
If you're a developer, you can take your existing build and tweak it a little bit if it doesn't run on the Deck (and complain wildly at Valve to fix their shit), instead of having to have an entirely separate Linux build.

I can change out the m.2 on the 64 gb version??? I ordered that one with the intent of doing so.

it's for me

Attached: bundestrojaner.png (2048x1536, 2.63M)

If I'm enjoying those ports, what is the issue? I've really enjoyed playing stuff like Valkyria Chronicles and RE4 portable. Many VNs I like are all on switch as well.