ITT games that actually aged like fine wine

ITT games that actually aged like fine wine
>meticulously crafted level design that works in tandem with ai to provide excellent combat encounters
>stark lighting
>stencil shadows
>clean visual design
>ai dialogue that enhances immersion
>fun weapons
>great expansion
>mildly unobtrusive story
>the simple feel of shooting and creating so much chaos
>pure visual stimula/feedback

Attached: 67598-f-e-a-r-first-encounter-assault-recon-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1097, 194.13K)

Attached: 220px-SWAT_4_Coverart.png (220x311, 117.65K)

I'm just coming to post that F.E.A.R. is fucking great and to call the poster who calls the offices boring a fucking faggot.

Also modern games suck and we have less environment interaction and detail now than over a decade go.

Later fags.

I like the offices. There are hardly an office environments today. They're cool

Banjo-Tooie

Attached: pad.jpg (259x194, 7.41K)

still nothing else quite like it

I thought the offices were the peak of the game.

I played it for the first time last year and can confirm OP's post. I couldn't stop raving about the gunplay to my friends. Very similar difficulty level to STALKER at the hardest difficulty, which I very much enjoyed

why is the pc gamer logo necessary? ruins the box art.

I like the gunplay but I don't like how spaced the fights were.
I want a similar game but pure action.

there's nothing there underneath it you dumb bitch

It is extremely short though. Ideally FEAR would have been the beginning of some kind of episodic franchise of Operator X-Files games. Instead we got one cool game set in concrete urban environments that's like 5 hours long and that's it.

And if we're talking games that have aged fantastically, I just got a friend who isn't too retro oriented into Chrono Trigger this week. He's absolutely loving it. And I'm loving seeing it too, just a game that looks and sounds fantastic.

Offices are hardly overdone in video games. And this particular office was really cool.

>place a couple desks in a room
>scripted sequence where soldiers kick the desks forward into the exact same position every time
>meticulously crafted level design
FEAR was worth exactly one playthrough, nothing more. Kind of neat gimmick and it's better than the pure shit that copied it like Metro, but there's still no replayability value and it carries itself and faggoty bullet time

Y'all like sharp shadows or soft shadows?

there's clearly a color gradient.

Would've been good if each entry was a standalone story instead of alma alma alma alma. Facing different spooky scooby doo shenanigans

WOW IT'S FUCKING NOTHING

better than a shitty logo.

Attached: Fear clip 2.webm (1244x700, 2.87M)

>It is extremely short though
I am so fucking tired of this. Who gives a shit. A game can be thirty minutes and highly replayable and it is much better than something 20 hours long that you never want to touch again

>Tactical Fast Paced shooter never became its own subgenre
Pain

Attached: F.E.A.R. poster.jpg (857x1200, 246.93K)

Its fun to play from beginning to end. That warrants multiple playthroughs

>Ideally FEAR would have been the beginning of some kind of episodic franchise of Operator X-Files games
Maybe, but the expansions should have provided a proper closure to Alma