Nioh 2

>run in
>kick
>run away
>run in
>kick
>repeat until boss Ki is depleted to deal a bit of damage
>repeat until Ki is depleted again

I might've done something wrong but this was pretty boring. Other bosses so far seem to be also just follow the same "we fight in this small room and I'll just vomit some AoE you have to keep in eye for while I attack" formula
Does it get better?
The game also added a bunch of unnecessary bloat especially with all that yokai shit for some reason.
Was the early Alpha Nioh's peak?

Attached: 1642095455720.jpg (1280x683, 351.98K)

The gimmick of that boss was tricking him into breaking the rooms pillars while under water buckets so they fall on him. He's also extremely weak to water-type weapon buffs.

>running away in nioh
How to tell you're a souls fag without saying you're a souls fag.

This and can just burst counter him since it is easily telegraphed.

>run away
retard

aside from that, you can also just block to build meter for your spirit summon, which do insane damage if you pick the right ones. There's also a lot of different combat options based on your weapons and upgrades.

Really the problem here is that OP personally made the choice of picking a way of fighting that's boring and slow, and he's too retarded to realize there were other ways to fight and now blames the game. Many such cases in games that allow freedom to use various tactics. Fags will pick the lamest tactic and then get mad that it's lame.

>Bloat
There is that word again. Besides take it or leave it with the weapon stat diablo loot shit nothing in Niohs design is bloated. The player can choose to experiment and use alot of tools or play in a very basic way. You will find my success the more you interact with the games depth of tools but they also like every game want you to be able to win through persistence and solid play.

Yeah, I know.
He also takes a shitload of Ki damage which is why I relied on the kicks to get free hits when his Ki was empty

Feel free to tell me what was wrong with my approach.

You can run away from almost every boss in every video game and eventually win. The only question is if it takes way too long because of that. You picked a boss that is insanely easy regardless of approach might be the easiest in the game in general since his weakness is so easy to exploit especially on NG.

Blocking is actually beneficial to you, the player, in Nioh. unlike souls where it's detrimental because it eats your stamina.

>has i frames
>has stm depletion
>can stun
>can interrupt animation
>has a fuckton of skills to spam block
°°°
>Choses to runaway.
This fucking faggot.

Attached: 1643608433690.gif (320x320, 2.38M)

For real. These motherfuckers are so used to roll roll roll roll roll attack once roll roll rollx10 that they assume every game is gonna be like that and then complain that it's boring. Oh no no, but it's not boring once you put the fromsoftware logo under the game, then it becomes a masterpiece. Fucking soulsfags.

enenra has a ki bar made of glass and if your approach to fights revolves around a single move then it is 100% your fault that it's "boring" instead of using more of your moveset and killing him three times as fast

Attached: 1641957320807.jpg (326x389, 39.89K)

>Was the early Alpha Nioh's peak?
I'd say so, but it's partially just because it was new. I think it had the perfect tempo for a samurai type action game where you could play aggressively but always had to be careful about overextending. Ki isn't really a resource you have to constantly maintain anymore since you get auto ki pulsing on dodge now and don't run out of breath when attacking.

It would've just been to hard to design a game around Niohs Alpha past the starting point i'm guessing. The first few bosses/areas worked so well with the limitations but i don't feel like even alot of Nioh 1 bosses would've worked with how the Alpha played. Weapon durability was fucking stupid either way though. But i wish Nioh would've ditched the diablo loot since its the only thing i strongly dislike.

For this boss? Just strafe left. For the other bosses? You give them space (besides snake god) and they'll take advantage. Learn they're patterns and learn the game.

>muh souls
So Nioh1 is better than 2?

It's far better to just dodge bosses. You use a lot less Ki with dodge
>enenra has a ki bar made of glass
Exactly

>>can interrupt animation
But only when the boss has empty Ki

>anymore since you get auto ki pulsing on dodge now
Wasn't that a skill in 1 too?

>play fighting game with tons of characters
>pick zoner class
>press back back back
>spam fireballs
>it works for literally two ranks against 1 hour beginners
>then you hit a wall where it doesn't work
>"Why would I play the game in another way? It worked at the beginning there is no point on trying another way"

OP being a faggot

don't "Exactly" me while ignoring the entire rest of my post you faggot
use more moves and stop running away

you tried attacking instead of kicking?
depleting ki is optional and every attack is avoidable in various ways

in terms of attack power, the first few bosses are when you are at your weakest and take the most patience
after that the difficulty depends on how many of the gazillion cheese abilities in the game you use

You deplete his Ki bar with like 2-3 kicks though.
Why shouldn't i use that?

>you tried attacking instead of kicking?
Yeah, when his Ki is empty and I can stunlock him.

some weapons (aka Tonfa, lmao2kat) excel at breaking Ki, so if he's using 1kat or spear (which i'm assuming because he mentions the kick) then it's good to have a Ki breaking weapon as a back up.

I used Tonfa and Switch Glaive, Tonfa for enemies that get fucked by ki depletion, Switch Glaive for those that don't.

I dunno man, I died more to enenra than to every other boss combined

If you use Ippon Datara, which you should early on unless you're a retard, you can make your own openings (+enormous ki break)

Attached: Ippon.webm (924x520, 2.98M)

because dealing actual heavy damage reduces a bosses' maximum ki. the more actual damage you do to the boss, the less ki they can recover when they change phases and enter dark realm. focusing solely on ki damage wastes ridiculous amounts of opportunity for dealing actual damage. the only reason to do a ki damage rushdown is if you have a full confusion setup ready along with a max ki obliterator soul core so that you can do the full stunlock combo, and there is absolutely no way you have access to that much anima yet at this point of the game.