2 evolved a lot of 1's principal's of precise methodical play, while fixing a lot of the broken shit like OP poise...

2 evolved a lot of 1's principal's of precise methodical play, while fixing a lot of the broken shit like OP poise, backstabbing, and the retarded cheesable ai. And expanded a lot of the build variety and customization. 3 went too far into a casual button masher and took away a lot of rpg elements. Scholar is unironically the best one.

Attached: 2841888-2506850-darksouls2.jpg (960x960, 95.45K)

dark souls 2 threads arent that fun anymore

I'm not gonna go and say 2 is objectively the best or anything but it's the one I like the best simply because of how accessable it is for me. I don't like the faster gameplay of Bloodborne/3, and I'm too lazy to pull out my PS3 to play Demons and can't emulate it. So I'm only left with 1 and 2, and while I constantly start runs in 1 I can never get myself to finish them when I remember "oh yeah I'm gonna have to go through the Tomb of Giants at some point" so at that point I'm basically just left with 2.

No. No it's not.
Dark Souls 2 took the established fundamentals of Demons and Dark 1 and made them fundamentally worse for minor gameplay improvements like power stance, ascetics, challenge rings, etc. These improvements aren't bad, they're good. The problem is the game has terrible atmosphere, level design, enemies, and bosses, which are the sort of adventuring fundamentals of the series. On top of that, it has terrible movement, is inexplicably slow, weird animations, and great swaths of the game have this cheap shitty look to it, and worst-in-franchise music out of the 6 current games.
I can see how one might be attracted to things like the PvP arena, or some of these features, but to me and many others, the game lost its soul.

you move like a brick in dark souls 1 while dark souls 2 has the snappiest movement in any souls game
you literally can evade hits by simply footworking around enemies, this is just a dream in something like track souls 3

Dark souls 2 is bad because it's the only soulsborne game I haven't beaten.

I think I replayed 1 about as much as I cared to, but it was great. I'm still replaying 2 occassionally, never gets stale. 3 I haven't been able to replay yet, had 5 or 6 characters go hollow in the swamp-deacons-catacombs areas because the base game is such a fuckin slog.

I've replayed 1 a lot but I've only ever finished it one time, every other time I get somewhere into the second half and just lose interest in the game, figuring "yeah if I keep going I can beat it but what's the point?"

Elden ring has Pharos lockstones and you can buff infused weapons

>you move like a brick in dark souls 1 while dark souls 2 has the snappiest movement in any souls game
No. Dark 1 and 2 are literally the slowest and shittiest in terms of movement. Get a MRI if you disagree

2 looks like complete shit, mmo tier garbage

My favorite cope from ds2 fags is “DS3 IS DERIVATIVE ITS ALL CHEAP NOSTALGIA BAIT”
nigger the whole plot line of DS2 is “MEMBER THESE BOSSES? HERE’S THEIR REINCARNATION!”
Fuck off

First half of ds1 is a one of a kind 9/10 game that quickly devilves into a 6/10 after anor londo. Ds2 has better technical mechanics, but is marred by poor enemy placement, boring health tanks, and generally unsatisfying attack animations and sfx. I don't care how much ds2 autists whine about poise and chain backstabbibg, I don't have fun playing ds2 while ds1 is still a fun experience despite its flaws.

Mind explaining this one to me? I don't pay much attention to the lore.

he's retarded user, don't bother

just like the game am i right folks

The four great souls (Nito, Seethe, Bed of Chaos and Four Kings) got inherited by Rotten, Freja, Lost Sinner and Iron King respectively. In NG+/bonfire ascetic they even drop the old dead one/paledrake/witch/king souls.
I don't exactly see how any of those four is a rehash of the bosses whose souls they took over though.

You ever notice it's always a DS2 autist screeching about how his game is superior?

I was thinking he might be talking about those souls, I didn't really think of it as meaning some significant lore thing I thought it was just a way to give you a bonus item on NG+

>irrelevant lore tidbit that most people won't even realize is a thing
vs
>entire plot of the game as well as multiple levels and characters that are ripped straight from ds1
you're right user these two things are exactly the same

I agree. 2 is like Gran Turismo if 3 was Hot Cars Racing. And 1 was like Need For Speed Hot Pursuit.

It is kind of like Gran Turismo. That's probably why I like it so much. It's the most tactile. And has the most depth and customization too.