Now that the dust has settled, can we agree it's a solid 8/10?

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree it's a solid 8/10?

Attached: DS_wide-2560x1440-c3d7bbf8ee36dd025610088381a5235a (1).jpg (2560x1440, 508.86K)

8.5/10

Use the catalog, newfriend

It's archived.

10/10 best game

8/10 on what scale? Angry Joes?

Attached: JoeFS.png (893x593, 241.21K)

>open world walking simulator
>in your face advertising
>story is boring and pretentiously ""DEEP""
3/10 at best. if it wasn't for the name recognition behind the game no one would have cared about it.

9/10
would be 9.5 if it wasn't for the ending

I have never played it and don't really want to, so I'm not a shill. But it does seem to be a pretty novel experience that stands out in the sea of samey Ubisoft/Sony formula games and Battle Royales that is the modern gaming industry.
It definitely would have been considered a hidden gem and have a small cult following regardless.

As someone that thinks Kojima is a fucking hack i put playing this game off for ages. Bought ito n Steam for 70% off to try it out. I'm pleasantly surprised and really enjoying the experience so far. If this is considered a walking simulator it's the best one of its kind by a mile.

I would give it a 9.5/10
MGSV traversal mechanics were great and this expanded on them in interesting ways.

what's wrong with the ending? I thought it was perfect.

>It's the best one of its kind by a mile
I figured as much. It seems like a genuinely retarded idea for a game but Kojima is a talented fella. Washed up or not.

Attached: 4ycww01r1nk61.jpg (480x360, 24.13K)

i hated that bitch and everything she said the entire game
she literally puts me to sleep

Never played a Kojima game, but I'm the type of player who really likes going around large maps and exploring, even if there's really not that much to find ultimately. Would I enjoy this game?

yis, took a break and came back to it after a year, really enjoying it when I'm not feeling like I'm in a rush to get anywhere. Just about to take mama over the mountain, I pirated it so I don't have any other player built structures or anything but maybe it gives me a purer experience, I just can't stand the idea that things deteriorate or I would build more.

Yes, although the maps aren't really that large

Yeah 100%. If you're into exploring with traversal this game hits that on the head. If you're going to pick it up it's 70% off at the minute but your call. Not sure if you can pirate it but you probably can while missing out on the online stuff which is great.

RIP mama
Also, take her into the hot spring

no?
90% game is trying not to fall over tiny rocks
how is this remotely even engaging? hell ill take mostly barren openworld of MGS5 over this

yeah, i'd give it that

cozy game with a kinda retarded story. glad Koji got to have his trip blank-check funded

I mean the worlds don't have to be massive or anything, but I like traveling around and taking in the environment and the atmosphere and shit, finding interesting sights, sounds and maybe stories too. Seems like this game could give me that. Plus the 70% off is a good incentive.

Alright, I'll give it a go.

Would say it's one of my favorite games. Very unique and fun and I love the story, camp and character quirks included. I wish there were more ways to shape the world and more terrain types.

The walking sim meme is funny and all but I think it gives people the wrong impression. The game has nothing in common with a "real" walking sim where the negative connotation comes from the fact that you just walk and don't really interact with the world. They're like video popup books. This is just a travel/delivery game at its core. I see a lot of Truck Sim and Elite fans getting into DS for its gameplay for example.

I mean yeah i guess.
Just took this screenshot now while taking standard goods to an NPC.

The environments are actually pretty good and the atmosphere is genuinely decent enough. I haven't found much in the way of interesting stories though there are some cool sights and locations to find.

Attached: 12331.png (1912x1080, 2.53M)

You know what the problem is? Kojima neglected the depth of the game by worrying too much about the movie attached to the game and he didn't even get that right because he writes horrible dialogue.

This game would have worked beautifully if he had taken care of the physics, the map and encourage the player to explore the map like Rockstar did it with GTAV or even fucking RDR2.

But he wanted the movie. The moviegame but with more movie than game.

I skip EVERY fucking cutscene and every fucking dialogue when I play Death Stranding.

And worst of all, the people in charge of making the Director's Cut don't even know what makes the game work and what it really needed, like fixing the adversarial AI and giving lore to the most interesting characters, which in the end are the MULES.

In my opinion, it's one of the only games worth having on the ps4.

>It seems like a genuinely retarded idea for a game
People like you are what's wrong with gaming. You ask for the same shit over and over again, and you wonder why so few games are willing to experiment and break the mold. Continue eating your shit, ask why games are shit, while ignoring hidden gems.

>I skip EVERY fucking cutscene and every fucking dialogue when I play Death Stranding.
Why even play it?

Attached: 1643605556012.png (166x165, 45.25K)

fuck maligma, her sister's hotter

Attached: 20211126044029_1.jpg (2560x1440, 262.21K)