FF6 isn't very good

Why do people pretend to like FF6. Sure the first scene where the mechs are walking through the snow is amazing for SNES but it's a boring game with forgettable characters

It has probably the most generic map, backgrounds, monsters, party members and items of any FF game. It isn't even the best SNES JRPG. I played like 10 hours of it and the only interesting thing in the whole game was the opening scene.

Attached: FF6 Snow.png (753x654, 366.26K)

>why do people like this game? I haven't played the whole game btw
jesus fucking christ why did we let these retards on to this board

the rest of the game was the peak of SNES hardware

Too tired for thinging things about thinga

I'm sorry you got filtered.

FF6 became the hipsters choice after 7 had a massive popularity bubble in the early 2000s. These days it's painfully obvious what the better game is, 6 is kind of this tagalong that ultimately has no value or impact to its name.

Attached: ff6 towns vs ff7 towns.jpg (3625x2858, 1.27M)

it gets good 200 hours in dude trust me

The game almost plays itself. It tells you where to go and holds your hand the entire way. Has random battles but you dont even need to grind
Also theres a gay clown

wow every single comment is shitting on the game. No ones biting and they keep doing it, amuzing.

good to see people have realized 6 does just kinda suck. 7 is so much better it's obscene.

>not donkey kong country 1 and 2

Attached: fawlty towers ascot.png (750x587, 663.7K)

They are old games, maybe you should try doing it with a newer one?

I like talking about old games, new games aren't interesting.

the fuck is up with this cringe-ass counter-contrarianism personality that people adopt
>nope. sorry. the most popular thing is the best, the only reason you don't like popular thing the most is because uhhh you think it makes you look cool
God get a fucking life. I like FFVII but jesus you sound like a friendless faggot.

fun fact - DKC1, 2, and 3 released with 2 years
DKC1 - November 21, 1994
DKC2 - November 21, 1995
DKC3 - November 22, 1996

It’s just not a very good franchise, never has been, very few people have played it and fewer know what happened in the stories

7 really was the best, probably why it was so popular. The hipster praise for 6 which is kind of a bad game being shot down today is a healthy course correction.

5 was the last really good one, 6 and 7 are both pretty boring.

Attached: 1567110412493.png (221x286, 106.62K)

OK zoomer.

You know 6 was considered the best game until 7 came out?
Why does it seem so crazy that some people still prefer 6? It's not like it was a dogshit game that people hated upon release then turned around and suddenly started liking when 7 came out. It was always liked.
It's not a hipster thing.
6 was always liked. Always. It's not a "hipster" thing, user.

6 is technically very impressive, presented really well, but the actual RPG gameplay is pretty mediocre.

FF7 is a perfect game that aged like the most exquisite wine. A memorable experience that marked generations of players, and defined Final Fantasy into the series it always should have been by ditching of the boring medieval/fantasy settings.

And then, there is FF6 on the top of the 2D FF games pile of shit. It's even worst and more pathetic as FF1. An abomination in all possible way. Its only virtue is that it helped show how FF7 is a step up from that antiquated age of 2D trash.

Hipster was not a word and people weren't as dense or as ironic as todays manchildren. Some liked VI and it was considered one of the best RPGs for the longest time, others liked VII but the most of us liked both.

This nu-trend of liking a game of the same franchise an dissing another was not common back in the day, the contrarian choice would've been FFI

Hey dumb dumb I played ff6 on snes the week it came out and it was awesome. You don't know shit.

If the game isnt interesting in the first few hours then why keep playing?

based

Eh, it grew on me but slower than that. I'd say it gets good around the 6000th hour.

Bait thread

Don't you know you're supposed to grind 49 hours of bullshit on the off chance the 50th hour is good

Hipster was most definitely a word in the early to mid 2000s, and at that time hipsters were definitely pushing VI over VII.

i only like 6 with gameplay patches that fix the broken boring shit that was the original gameplay
with said patches it's a very fun game