Do you really think raytracing will become prevalent in games other than AAA? The 3050 sucks at it

Do you really think raytracing will become prevalent in games other than AAA? The 3050 sucks at it.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/users/229671
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Raytracing will become predominant in 3D games by 2025. Never underestimate how much developers hate baking lighting.

There is nothing wrong with tracing. Now post loli.

Raytracing is a meme and will only be used in games that have bloated budgets or consist mostly of soulless pre-made assets. A halfway decent art style beats the shit out of "muh realism" every single time.

They'd have to go back pretty hard to raytrace everything, even in 5 years. Unless you mean some hybrid technique.

>A halfway decent art style beats the shit out of "muh realism" every single time.

You can use ray tracing for stylized games as well.

Attached: 42e1faab34fceaed57c3344b53569fef.jpg (740x957, 236.45K)

>raytracing will become prevalent in games other than AAA?
It will only become prevalent when the most used GPU on the market gets at least the same performance of a high tier 2021 GPU. But right now the most used card is an old GTX 1060, so it'll still take a while for the consumers to get on a higher level on average.

2022 Any Forums is too young to understand what this thread is about.

>Do you really think raytracing will become prevalent in games other than AAA?

I hope GPUs get good enough soon for decent hybrid ray tracing, especially global illumination. Baked lighting sucks and I can't wait for it to die.

>Any Forums - Video Games

It's been at least 5 years since I last saw this picture. Maybe 10.
Consider my jimmies rustled.

you now remember Rustle went blind

You still have to manually place the light probes do you not? Unless you bake that information designating a probe's position into specific textures for lamps and lights; maybe that would be the best compromise?

haha funny because pedo dogwhistle

What?

That chair looks familiar.

pixiv.net/users/229671

Dude, his pixiv is current.

>pixar
ehh, kinda the same idea. Appealing to normalfag tastes suck. I like, but Fortnite and shit that look like it are gay.

they're too blind to see it

>blind
don't say that. makes me sad.

Dude we le old fag get it right?

Such a beautiful floor, haha