I must say, I did not care for Ico. I have tried on 3 separate occasions to complete it and I could not...

I must say, I did not care for Ico. I have tried on 3 separate occasions to complete it and I could not, it insists upon itself.

Attached: ico---button-1546993133792.jpg (1024x1024, 195.48K)

It has a valid point to make

Did you perhaps find it shallow and pedantic?

It is a boring walking sim for pretentious artfags. So you aren't missing much.

Is shadow of colossus the same thing?

SOTC has a little more going on in terms of gameplay. It's still way too simple. Very much a one and done game since every bossfight is just climbing to the context sensitive button zone.

its not pretentious, its just a terrible slog to actually play

great visuals, nice setpieces and atmosphere. terrible gameplay

pleb

No, SotC is more about giant boss battles

Your mom insists on my dick

this really is ico summed up. whenever someone calls it "one of the best video games ever" i know to never take anything they say seriously again.

>walking sims
Those don't have platforming or puzzles, try again

I liked ico but soc and the other one both sucked

Imagine hating on a genuine game like ICO. Fuck off back to Pokemon

it's a wonderful game

Attached: 6a43e964880649f3aed8f483d7ff8543.gif (520x293, 3.83M)

>abandoned castle in ruins full of smoke spirits and only 2 human inhabitants (Queen and Yorda) located on an island isolated from civilization by a moat, cliff and forest
one of my favorite places in gaming

Attached: Screenshot_20220122-211431.png (1280x720, 902.41K)

Ico was made by a small team of 20 young members. They were all inexperienced, with Ico being either their first game or their second game after pic related

Attached: Legend_of_Dragoon.jpg (256x245, 45.43K)

I got stuck for so long on the part where you're supposed to swing on a chain because the game never tells you about swinging

>it insists upon itself
Literally what does this even mean

it gets way too much praise for sure, but I kinda like the enviromental puzzles, and Yorda is cute and one of my first waifus. Also I really felt sympathy for Ico being cast out of society for having horns, as I myself was bullied.

Ironically people who call these kind of games pretentious, tend to use pretentious, vague phrasing to sound smart
Figure that one

That would explain why Legend of Dragoon also sucks.

>it insists upon itself.

Stoped reading right there

Attached: oofstones.png (795x511, 521.48K)

still the best Ueda villain. Shame we never find out her name

Attached: 15b9a3c7f7ba46538d1ee3399928acba.gif (520x293, 3.88M)