Does it ever get fun?

does it ever get fun?

Attached: 1637087881275.png (1200x1050, 204.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pUVW1kHI1vE
youtube.com/watch?v=2w6siYk_Ge0
youtube.com/watch?v=h-uNMPU6GtA
youtube.com/watch?v=i3z9v3FFc9c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody plays mother games for fun, they play them to look sophisticated.

It's a NES JRPG so no not really.

Can not unsee question mark face

>playing vidya to look sophisticated
I shiggy diggy

Dog chicken

Not really, no. You play it because of it being a unique product of its time with an interesting story twist. Or, if you're Japanese, because Itoi is a celebrity.

It's basically Dragon Warrior with wacky enemies, but it's still good
youtu.be/pUVW1kHI1vE

You say that but Dragon Quest III is still amazing. Yes, newer releases are better, but the original is still a great game.

what part is unique?
>walk 3 steps, random encounter
>walk 1 step, random encounter

>playing mother games for the gameplay
only faggots do this. you play them for itoi's writing and the music.

Once you get a full party and can fully explore everywhere I find it fun. It's hard carried by one of the best soundtracks on NES though
youtube.com/watch?v=2w6siYk_Ge0
youtube.com/watch?v=h-uNMPU6GtA
youtube.com/watch?v=i3z9v3FFc9c

Attached: 1546619811820.jpg (1200x848, 646.05K)

>writing
what writing? have you played the first game? lol

>snoytard thinks writing = cinematic narrative

The first game has more writing than most NES RPGs and debatably a more in-depth plot than Earthbound does.

they didn't even playtest it because they lacked time, it only gets fun in the endgame (all party members + overleveled)
if the game was properly tested and balanced it would have been easily better than earthbound, I feel like the writing and characters are less generic and the atmosphere is more mystical/magical compared to to it, but it still would not be as good as mother 3

Attached: 1561501456971.jpg (798x747, 45.68K)

retard

The story is actually quite good, specifically towards the end. Simple and solid.

quantity is not quality.
what part of the writing of the first game is "good"?

If I played EarthBound and Mother 3, and loved both to the point I consider them my favs, should I bother with Mother 1/Beginnings or will I play that game and ruin my perception of the franchise?

It's worth a play but maybe cheat yourself a bunch of exp to spare yourself the early grind.

just play 2 and 3 again and wait for Oddity to release

>ruin my perception of the franchise
why would you think that? the only think people complain about is the slow and grindy gameplay. everything else is an absolute 10/10
>Oddity
kill yourself

Mother 1 can be beaten in a day, not reason not to play it.

Just be sure to play the NES version for the best OST

Everything involving Mary and Giygas in Mother 1 is pure kino, and Teddy's "death" took me by surprise.

mother 1 is shit compared to the rest. literally no reason to play it other than if you have nostalgia because you played it as a kid or if you're a delusional fanboy pretending it was good

ok reddit calm down