What have you been playing on your linux machine?

what have you been playing on your linux machine?
also, did you know that the ammount of verified and compatible games with the deck broke 100, including many games with anticheat?

Attached: 1643593469247.png (1920x1200, 80.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/hkao6f.7z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

in other news, AMD is rolling out drivers optimizations for the deck that will also help other AMD hardware as long as you use linux
sadly I'm stuck with nshittia

Attached: 1643593750551.png (1080x1860, 662.11K)

Only transgenders use Linux

you better not own an android phone then

Attached: 1335359077112.jpg (650x4377, 523.71K)

the existence of archinstall invalidates this image

Statistical analysis shows that most LGBT individuals use Apple products. In fact, Apple has created an algorithm to detect child abuse images due to the large amounts of photos found on their users iCloud accounts that depict violent imagery.

for the brainlets here's the diagram

Attached: 1643594768851.jpg (1080x1082, 110.81K)

Keker. Based.

all mentions of this features were silently removed from apple websites, actually

>not posting the actual splash screen
files.catbox.moe/hkao6f.7z
Extract directly to ~/.local/share/plasma/look-and-feel/ and enable it from KDE settings.

Attached: 1631193679069.gif (500x375, 931.23K)

>what have you been playing on your linux machine?
Played through Call of Cthulhu in a couple of sittings. It was pretty disappointing and some of the prerendered cutscenes didn't work, though others did. I suppose Steam's transcoded video cache for the game is incomplete.

Attached: 2022-01-30-222743_1920x1200_scrot.png (1920x1200, 3.58M)

>what have you been playing on your linux machine?
Video games.
>also, did you know that the ammount of verified and compatible games with the deck broke 100, including many games with anticheat?
I couldn't care less about anti-cheat crapware, to be honest. Meanwhile, since I'm already on Linux, there's nothing to learn from Valve's Steam Deck ratings of my favorite games, except for how they assess the control compatibility and screen legibility. I'm also curious to see how some of the games that require simple tweaks (e.g. pic) will be handled by Valve. Will the necessary tweak be built into a game's configuration? Or will they just call it unsupported? I guess it depends on whether Valve's testers can be bothered to figure out what the tweak is.

Attached: Alan Wake | Proton 6.3-8, with Wine DLL override for xaudio2_7 to fix sound in cutscenes | Linux Mint 20.3.png (1920x1080, 1.97M)

>I couldn't care less about anti-cheat crapware
me neither but
>popular games playable on linux
>more people start using linux
>developers start having linux in mind while making their games
>popularity also brings driver and utility software improvements
>also makes microsoft employees cry

>Steam's transcoded video cache
Is that limited to Proton 6.3-8 or Experimental? Is there any way to see which games use it?

Some of the video playback issues seem really dumb and don't make sense to me. Regardless of Proton version, Max Payne's little intro video doesn't play correctly when I run the game — I just get a black screen while the audio plays — but if I go and find that video in the game's files, I can watch it with the basic video player that comes with Linux Mint. It's just MPEG.

Attached: video.png (980x760, 280.63K)

Based archfag iltering brainlets

even if valve fails to bring gaming to linux, i'm forever thankful for their help in improving AMD drivers

fglrx was fucking SHIT

Words words words

now if only nvidia got their head out of their ass

No idea when it became available but I was also using 6.3-8 so it's there already. Also probably no easy way to find out which games use it, but you can look for a file called transcoded_video.foz under steamapps/shadercache/(appID) for a specific game.

I took a look and Max Payne is apparently already using it, which is why you get the sounds. The video is also intact, you can manually extract it from the transcode file and it plays normally, so I suppose it's a Wine/Proton issue with actually handling video playback in the game itself and not the transcoding process.

Attached: tonni.jpg (978x652, 47.03K)

>have to use a gibberish terminal to make anything work
>paste in a wrong command and all your files are perma-deleted
>somehow this is your fault for not understanding retard script
Great OS

Attached: 1643154028812.png (500x468, 352.85K)

if you don't know what a command does, don't run it
and if you HAVE to, don't run it as sudo/doas (sudo/doas = administrator)
do this and you will never break your system

>"paste (..) command"
>"this is your fault"
I'm glad that you understand

Attached: __flandre_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_haruki_reimari__ec315ee270aee8c90680b43ffd5d20ff.png (867x1592, 575.42K)

Yep I heard you could even play Girl's Lovecast native, no hacky proton shit required. Just works, very cool!

Attached: 1642177004901.jpg (760x700, 47.06K)

is your smart fridge running?

csogh

>gibberish
Maybe take the time to learn it then? Instead of complaining?