Is this the best thing to ever come to gaming?

>is the objective best way to play the first five gens of gaming
>consolidated UI and settings for hundreds of different emulators
>run-ahead to break the space-time continuum and remove input lag before it even existed
>VRR support with sync to exact framerate (for example, NES and SNEs run at 60.0988Hz, while GBC and GBA run at 59.7Hz)
>BFI support for clear motion
>full rebinding
>audio mix and volume level
>shaders, filters, and overlays
>unlimited save states, pause, rewind, fast-forward, frame advance
>cheat support
>network play
>50+ hotkeys with full rebinding
>Retroachievements that are uncheatable with hardcore mode to disable save states, cheats, pause, rewind, and fast-forward
>updated forks
>able to set any aspect ratio or refresh-rate
>Rotation/TATE support
>recording, screenshots, streaming
Reminder you are able to save ANY OF THESE as well as core options or global settings on a per-game, per-core, per-directory, and global basis.That means each and every game can have its own rebindings, shaders/filters/overlays, run-ahead amount, core and core options, aspect ratio, rotation, volume level, etc. all while in one unified and cohesive UX.

>b-but it's bad because I'm too retarded to figure out how to use it!!!!
KEK

Attached: retroarch1.jpg (460x215, 31.71K)

>filters

>is the objective best way to play the first five gens of gaming
The issue is everything after that.
>unlimited save states
limited to 100 or 1000 depending on console

yeah retroarch is unironically really great
it isn't even difficult to learn

>frontend crap
>best anything
You can't be THIS retarded Any Forums, come the fuck on.

Sorry I'm dumb, what is this thing exactly and how is it different from just the usual ZSNES and other emulators?

What do you not like about it?

Standalone emulators are garbage. They all put files all over the place in different directories. At least Retroarch is portable with all things in the same folders for all cores

>confusing an actual frontend with a simple launcher
Though I can't blame you, almost all endusers don't know the difference anymore.
Pretty much all standalone emulators have the option to be portable.

For me, it's extremely handy because it's compatible with any controller you put into it. I use a cheap 25 dollar wired switch controller (have bad experience with bluetooth adaptors) and retroarch instantly recognizes it. If I was to use a DS4, for instance, I'd have to use Ds4windows which can be a little iffy.

>Pretty much all standalone emulators have the option to be portable.
But your saves and config files for each emulator will still be in different folders

Based. It actually saved gaming for me since I stopped playing or caring about anything modern. Now I just boot up a rom on the occasions where I'd like to game but not deal with modern garbage.

The zoomer fears retroarch.

How the fuck do you play Retroarch with the keyboard? I can't make it work without activating a million hotkeys assigned to keyboard.

Use your keyboard like this: look up a controller online and buy it.

I wish it was easy to use, but I get lost in the menu jungle.

Touch grass.

Am I retarded or they changed their UI recently?

The emulator cores for Retroarch often times are way behind the standalone versions. Also, the lead "dev" is a huge faggot who makes money off the works of others.

The Citra core is ass, can't even play Kid Icarus Uprising as it gets stuck on the loading screen.

It used to default to XMB but it's changed over to that whatever it's called now, the grey one. You can change it back.

I had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get this on my iphone and I couldn't figure out how to load a single game with it. I'm sure I could eventually got over my retardation and figure it out but I just don't have the time or patience.

>You can change it back
Thank you, I'll look into it.

I know there's much better alternatives out there for playing Quake, but has anyone gotten the full version of Quake 1 to work on Retroarch's TyrQuake core? I've been able to play the shareware version and the expansion packs on it, but when I try to to boot into the full version, it just gives me an error.

Is this any good for PS1 and Dreamcast emulation?