If this wasnt called Dark Souls 2 and was called Journey to Drangelic it would of been rated a 4 out of 10

if this wasnt called Dark Souls 2 and was called Journey to Drangelic it would of been rated a 4 out of 10
there would be videos made laughing at it

Attached: 1637593983279.jpg (1024x1024, 198.43K)

No it wouldn't. Nice power fantasy.

2 is easily better than 3, there isnt really any debate you can have about the matter
as for if 2 is better than 1, that depends solely how much you can tolerate the drop in quality after lordvessel. i personally cannot so 2 is the best in the series for me

Attached: 1612972032239.jpg (399x519, 90.67K)

I think it's the exact opposite.
It's a fun game with a lot of neat stuff....but it's not as good as the other entries in the series so it's the black sheep of FROM games.
If it wasn't a mainline souls game I think the reception would have been BETTER

>drop in quality after lordvessel
dogshit incorrect eceleb opinion

youre correct, i think the drop in quality starts at O&S if youre a melee build

If Namco hadn't started an advertising campaign targeting people's insecurity around their "gaming skills", dark souls would've been rated 5/10 (a la DeS Famitsu score)

kys

you cant handle the truth

I think if it wasn't called Dark Souls people would just learn to dodge away from attacks and they wouldn't be so autistic and nitpicky about stupid shit.

It's the Super Mario Sunshine of Souls. That is, it's got great foundations, just like every other game in the series, but rushed development led to some flaws that can completely ruin the game for you, depending on how much weight you place on these flaws.
Being the worst game in a god tier series still makes it better than many games, especially the other Souls clones, it just gets held to a much higher standard that it fails to reach.

The combat feels better in 3, so it's instantly better than 2.

not a joke tho I played through 1-3 recently and 3 is so easy it is insane you have so much stamina and can easily run back to everything thanks to iframes

>there isnt really any debate you can have about the matter
how about the debate where ds2 controls like dogshit and all its levels are terribly designed and ds3 doesn't have either of those problems

I'm laughing at DS1

Attached: DS2 vs DS1.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

>It's the black sheep

Attached: 1636513606091.jpg (300x431, 36.84K)

ds3 is cookie cutter and linear as fuck, I can visualize every boss and h ow to kill it becuase it is so braindead.

Your argument will make no sense once Elden Ring releases and receives great reviews despite not being called Dark Souls.

Well it's called Dark souls II and there's still videos and daily Any Forums threads making fun of it, some people like it and say it's the best while others just shit on it relentlessly, so I just sit and watch fags argue over that pile of shit.

Attached: 1633528270666.gif (1275x916, 1.28M)

2 feels like shit to play, has the worst story, had horrible level layout and somehow revamped their level and enemy layout to make it even worse. literally all 2 has going for it is pretty good pvp and excellent dlcs, otherwise its no contest the worst of the 3.

>you can not be clever or crafty or smart
>you will fight the enemy gank squad

I mean if you talk about braindead look no further than Ds2, just walk around and attack.

if this was called Dark Souls 2 and wasn' called Journey to Drangelic it would of been rated a 10 out of 10 but there would be videos made laughing at it by casuals

The foundations are the worst part tho, people hype up extra shit like backstab animations and bonfire effigies whilst ignoring the fact that you can only move in 8 directions.

Attached: 1643588323650.webm (1024x576, 2.86M)

Tfw the best argument you have for DS3 being better than a game that BTFOs it in almost every way is
>it feel bad
also
>ds3 doesn't have either of those problems
kek

Attached: Thumbnail_Large.png (676x380, 357.88K)

wrong it drops as soon as you have to go to blight town

But would you still be so insecure about your belief that it's terrible that you'd seething about it nearly a decade after it's release on an anonymous image board?

>whilst ignoring the fact that you can only move in 8 directions.
are you lying to make it look worse than it is or actually uninformed? the problem being displayed in your webm is due to box deadzones which are easily modded out.

is 0:12 some dlc?

That's kind of what I was getting at when I was talking about flaws. Again, to go back to the Sunshine analogy, Mario controls great...except when he doesn't, like in secret stages or when using the hover nozzle, or the pachinko level, or the chucksters...
I just meant that it has the benefit of drawing from Dark Souls 1, even if the transition isn't a flawless one, it's a good starting point.

You can move in 360 directions. You're autistic. It also has faster input response and less input delay queuing bullshit that isn't suited for an action game. Things that practically matter more than just barely tilting the stick at walking speeds.

Correct and Baaed. 1 is better for the first half and then nosedives. 2 is overall better, plus has way more content and arguably more replayability.

>first giant boss
>stay between legs
>attack
>step aside when he stomps
>pursuer
>bait attack
>dodge
>1-2 hit
>repeat
>3 sentrys
>try to target one
>run away
>wait for animations to finish
>1 hit
>repeat
etc.
It's not hard to visualize bosses in souls games and how beat them if you played them more than once. What's your point?

You do realize "black sheep" means that it's being perceived as the worst by its wider audience. Not that it's MY perssonal opinion right?

there are literally no difficult or memorable bosses in ds2, it's 90% giant armor dude you just strafe around and attack

Based. Le meme fight that everyone creams their pants over is 99% backpeddle and poke for 15 minutes until one of them is down, then kill the remaining one.

>arguably
There isnt really anything arguable about it, 2 has more variety in both weaponry and the route you can take

>>Arguably
>Bonfire ascetics
>better NG+
>far greater build diversity
>DLC accessible earlier
>More optional content

Attached: original.jpg (600x375, 25.94K)

They also ignore the fact that stamina regen is tied to equip load and that armor really doesn't reduce the damage.

>it's 90% giant armor dude
kill yourself retard, you've never played ds2

Filtered, go back to Roll Souls 3

DS2 has its flaws but at least we can all agree that DS3 is total garbage that abandons everything that made Souls games great (exploration, item/build variety etc)

Yes. But you're regurgitating normalfag consensus that would be upvoted plenty on another website.

the weapon variety in 2 is the sole reason it's my favorite. having the same type of weapons with different movesets was really good and made them feel worth using even if the damage numbers weren't as high.

being nonlinear is not an inherently good thing, especially when the areas are all boring as piss

Do people actually that bullshit.

Attached: 1635456310412.gif (220x190, 1.66M)

Dark Souls 3
>every boss
>spam roll and never run out of stamina

It is inherently good when talking about replayability

if someone tells me they like dark souls or any souls-like, i know to automatically disregard any serious game criticism they have.

because clearly, they had no standards for games to begin with

Attached: 1616860458710.jpg (680x510, 47.99K)