Put in giant area post game

>put in giant area post game
>don't put anything in it

For what purpose?

Attached: OIP (28).jpg (474x474, 48.73K)

To make you mad.

>leave out Mexico and swimming because of what the game 10 years ago said

Why put in Mexico if you can't fucking do anything in new Austin anyways

Had me believing they would implement a newly remade RDR1 inside the RDR2 engine

Overall the game was good but it had some mind-numbingly dumb design choices. Why is Arthur locked out of New Austin? The only reason for it is because in the game Arthur is wanted in that state, but isn't he already wanted in all the other states also? They should have just made him extra wanted in New Austin so whenever you go over there bounty hunters will attack you more frequently and they'll be tougher but you're still allowed to go into the area. Not letting the player explore it for the majority of the game is so fucking retarded.

Same. I mean fuck they might as well have just gone the extra mile. Or sell it as a ducking expansion, I would have bought it. But rockstar is too busy not making games and going to the club to spend that sweet shark card money.

Attached: if you are reading this you are a fucking gay ass homo.gif (220x160, 206.34K)

>leave out Mexico and swimming because of what the game 10 years ago said
What did the game said?

he meant that they left out swimming because John in RDR1 canonically can't swim and they left out mexico because in RDR1 its supposed to be John's first time in Mexico. They could easily have retconned this though, just like they retconned so many other things

why ins't the online as big as GTA Online?

I really thought they would do this. fucking rockstar

What else did they retcon

>just like they retconned so many other things
go on

Because red dead redemption works better as a solo story driven experience. GTA is wacky fun, red dead isnt.

Oh, thanks for the clarification, and yes, it could have been easily solved, like going into mexico with a different playable character or something.
And I dont know about anyone else, but I think RDR2 was one of the few games that really was worth $60, it had so much content, I never used RDR online and still dumped dozens of hours into the game

>What else did they retcon
>go on
john marston being a huge racist, then having him be friends with some negroe

When was he a huge racist

>Abigail is said to be a prostitute in RDR1 that john eventually took a liking to. The line "We all had her. but you married her" implies that most of the outlaws banged Abigail and that the gang is ruthless. However, in RDR2 the gang is mostly a bunch of traveling bohemians and nowhere is it implied that abigail was a prostitute
>The strange man in RDR1 mentions john getting shot and left behind during the same robbery where dutch shot that woman at the beginning of rdr2. Obviously this was changed
>John in RDR1 tells Bonnies he has never set foot in New Austin before. However, several missions in RDR2 take place in New Austin.
>The McFarlane barn isn't built during RDR2 despite Bonnie telling you her father built it when she was a little girl in RDR1
>Javier makes references to John's daughter as if she was alive, which implies he isn't aware of her death AND that she lived during John,s time in the game. However she is absent in rdr2
>Jonh doesnt know what tumbleweed is in RDR1
> The cholera plague of armadillo was apparently memory holed by the time of rdr1
>RDR1 mentions that the gang broke up in 1907. Rockstar completely threw any date out the window because in RDR2 the gang breaks apart in 1899, over 8 years prior.
Not even gonna go for the obvious low hanging fruits like how Arthur, the nigger charles, the indian and all the women and diversity hires were never mentioned and never existed in RDR1 despite them arguably having a much bigger impact on John's life than Bill or Javier. Particularly Arthur. He's made out of thin air like a wattpad self-insert.

Most likely didnt have alot of time to populate it. Im hoping the real reason behind the effort is a RDR1 remaster.

Attached: 1639668138469.jpg (908x1200, 194.12K)

Its implied multiple times Abigail was a prostitute.

Everything else you're right about. The only possible saving grace would be
Where all this shit is addressed and changed. God knows that won't happen even though 70 percent of the work is done

The first one I always took more as Dutch talking shit because he was in a bad spot and trying to escape. Most of that shit is incredibly minor and the Story overall is better for it anyway.

Sorry, I meant that the game never alludes to any of the other gang member ever sleeping with abigail. Arthur, charles, lenny and dutch dont seem like the kind to lay with a prostitute like her and Micah hasnt been in the gang long enough to have known unmarried Abigail. That leaves javier and Bill. Bill is heavily implied to be homosexual in RDR2 so just javier. Although in RDR2 Javier and john are on excellent terms and very friendly with zero tension between them so either John is a cuck or javier never slept with abigail.

In other words, abigail is a """prostitute""" despite never having slept with any of the gang members (contradicting javier's line in rdr1)

John never goes to New Austin. If Blackwater and the ranch counts then RDR1 retconned itself.

Yea it is pretty minor but so is john being able to swim or having been to mexico before. Which was the initial point that started this conversation

One of the Sadie mission takes place in New Austin

Because you’re meant to feel stuck in the east like Arthur is in the actual story.

Yeah that's true. But honestly I can see why they would retcon her sleeping with the gang, I mean would you really want to play the whole game seeing John getting cucked around the clock only for him to marry her? Probably not.
Maybe its just semantics but you can argue even john doesn't consider going into the canyon as going to new Austin. If I went a mile into a state and turned around I really wouldn't say ive been there

There’s some bounties, gang outposts, a spooky plague town that dumps lore about the strange man - honestly, it was enough.

>get 20k at the end of the game
>can't fucking buy anything with it

Attached: 1642948752202.jpg (250x244, 5.88K)

But why fucking tease it as if the post game is going to be a new huge adventure with an entire new map only for there to be practically nothing in it. It would be different if rockstar hinted at red dead 1 being remade and this is like a tiny taste of ot, but its been over 3 years