Metroid Prime

Currently playing GC Prime 2 for the first time
>Scanning as much shit as possible because I know for a fact there's missible scans
>Reach end game clean up time
>Look up a walkthrough for the handful of stuff I missed
>Expect to be missing some missable scans
>Actually have nearly all scans (Final scans will be easy to get for me)
>Excited at the thought of getting 100% scans on first playthrough
>There's actually one missable scan I missed
>It's Stunned Head Module for Quadraxis.

Who in their right mind thought permanently missable scans was a good idea? I know the trilogy versions have new game +, but that's just a band aid solution. Either don't have missable scans or rework the system entirely.

Game's pretty good though. Neither better nor worse than Prime 1 imo.

Attached: Echoesboxart_(Large).jpg (256x336, 77.97K)

it's just there for a replay, if you're playing it for the first time when why are you bogging yourself down
replay it on hard difficulty and get 100%

I'd rather get it out of the way immediately so I won't have to worry about scanning everything for future playthroughs. 100% scans unlocks shit and I'm a completionist, so I must.

no need to be a 'Completionistâ„¢' that gets upset about stuff like this, normal people can see it as a certain amount of replay value

I know the feeling. I missed the normal version of the centipede mini-boss that turns into the bomb guardian when I was going for 100% scans. Prime 2 is still my favorite though despite its missable scans. IIRC, Quadraxis has 5 or 6 separate scans so its always worth it to double check the log after the battle to see if their scan completion bar is full

Most metroid games are made to be completed. Besides, I wouldn't say it's a great way of handling replay value. Having to scan nearly everything is tedious and can kill the pace of the game as it is. I'm more willing to replay the game if I don't have to stop and scan everytime.

why bother with this game at all if you have such a bone to pick with a central mechanic

It's a negative but it doesn't ruin the game for me. Like I said, it's good. It's about the same quality as Prime 1.

Read up on the development history of prime 1. Shit is wild and very interesting!

I scanned like optional ten things and just stopped. Tedious shit

You could try not having autism and just playing through this mediocre game once before moving on with your life and rarely thinking about it again.

100% scanning doesn't really unlock anything except for some side shit in the trilogy version

If you like prime 1 and 2 check out those interviews on kiwi talkz with various ex retro studio employees. They go quite in depth with how they made various parts of the game, including things you probably didn't know.

>Most metroid games are made to be completed
not really, missile and health upgrades become useless about halfway in

100% scans does unlock another part of the image gallery in GC, and I think the concept art is pretty cool.

I mean more in terms of metroidvania in general. There's a clear satisfaction with going in with all E tanks and all missiles and just wrecking shit up. I know it's debatable whether Prime could be considered a metroidvania but you get the idea.

I bought prime 1 with prime 2 demo and that already contained a lot of the concept art.

it's the proto-zelda botw though, there's an abundance of collectibles so you can just get what you want willynilly, i would argue the games have beenabout NOT 100% them, speeding through the game with low percentages

For prime 1. Not Prime 2.

>i would argue the games have beenabout NOT 100% them, speeding through the game with low percentages
Good point. Speedrunning is very important to Metroid which is why I'm not too thrilled on how linear and non-sequence breaking Fusion is. Unfortunately Prime for the most part doesn't allow for that.

prime is basically first person sci-fi zelda, and i like it for that

They're optional and a bad idea to go for.
You still want to go for them? Your problem.

Attached: 1373069810696.png (1920x1080, 2.11M)

>Scanning as much shit as possible because I know for a fact there's missible scans

but why, whats the point if theres no platinum trophy or achievements

Prime is super in 3d, not zelda

Just because it's optional doesn't give it an excuse to be a flawed mechanic.