10,000 years since the technological reset

>10,000 years since the technological reset
>Everyone speaks perfect American English
>No regional dialects
>No new languages or writing systems
More like horizon: zero sense

Attached: 1643584712456.jpg (294x339, 26.78K)

What does that add for the player, or anyone trying to understand the story besides tedium?

>everyone is racially diverse instead of being the same (10,000 of miscegenation)

tbf they never specify what language they are speaking.

Everyone pretends to like fictional languages in media until someone actually tries it and people mock it and complain about having to read subtitles.
As for dialects and such, yes, there probably would be changes but you need to suspend your disbelief because otherwise it would make it far more difficult to communicate with the PLAYER, which takes precedence over language-based world building.

I mean, I don't like Horizon that much either, but to play devils advocate here, most people would probably find it pretty annoying to play if the entire game was in some made up techno-caveman language and then subtitled to English.

Attached: 1ab.png (636x660, 558.56K)

Normalfags would have seethed if the characters spoke something that wasn't their native language. Also most games that actually go in on the fictional language thing get shit on for it like Starfox Adventures did

It would have to be english because Aloy can understand all the holo messages she finds from the old world.

>Set in Eastern Europe
>Everyone speaks in perfect American accent

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 7.26K)

She has that translator thing

I'm playing it right now, In mothers mountain or whatever alloy picks up a battery and calls it a power source. Like bitch how do you even know what it's purpose is

>Everyone speaks perfect American English

what are you talking about? In my version they spoke German. Just change your language setting to German and pretend it's the future language you want to hear or Nazis took over again in the past and the language stuck or something.
I'm more bothered about this game being Dutch yet it has no Dutch audio.

It's okay when slanted eyes does it.

Attached: 31411221.png (625x626, 60.7K)

"This cylinder has the same shape as the cylinder-shaped hole on this device... oh look, I put it in and it turned on!" Just because society collapsed doesn't mean there aren't any more inquisitive people willing to figure things out.

but Aloy speaks french in my game

Attached: Capture.png (302x186, 8.66K)

It's 50,000 years. That's how long the scientist girl said it would take to break the encryption on the robots manually

It's only around 1,000 years not 10,000.

makes sence tho, project leader was a retarded progressive female

Just started this with the Frozen Wilds dlc, what am I in for?

Attached: tumblr_63bcf0c0ddb8c4151d156fb185a6cfce_271bc838_1280.jpg (1143x1429, 415.71K)

>More like horizon: zero sense
I had a chuckle desu.

in the story, you uncover that the data being made to teach the upcoming generation of kids who will eventually leave the bunker(s) was everything minus how to make or alter all the crazy technology that resulted in this mess in the first place. Things like language, math, etc were all taught to the children in the bunker(s) once the terra forming God robot made Earth hospitable again.

>I had a chuckle desu.

Attached: 1600776172157.png (490x586, 100.1K)

No I'm actually bald but dont have glasses. I don't care about this game though. I just thought that sounded funny.

>>No regional dialects
>>No new languages or writing systems
these are 100% inaccurate