Devil May Cry

I know nothing about this series, convince me to play it.
Is pic related a good starting point or are the newer games more polished?

Attached: XbWAdmgH733ubAtOtlzedbqi1E7DgFZZ.png (1024x1024, 275.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lcvw1E0Mcac
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The first game is good but a little slower compared to the others
Skip 2 if you want though

Just play 3.

lots of fanboys really overrate the first game, 1 has really cool music and atmosphere but its a very rushed game and is like 5 hours long if you just beat normal mode.

You play 1 for the atmosphere and the combat at its least degenerate.

You play 2 for an improvement on 1's combat, overall, the best enemies in the series, the best map design in series, the coolest bosses, best DT system and best character selection, with the freedom to simply play Dante if you want.

Then I'd say play Donte's game. Best story in the series, cool enemies and bosses, better enviroments than even 2 actually.

After this it gets kind of iffy;

3 is degenerate, and represents the downfall of the series. Now you can simply juggle enemies to death offscreen at 0 risk, the bosses can't even aim right, the maps are tedious, its just not that good.

4's a step back in the right direction. Play it for the most interactive and varied enemy selection in the series, amongst the best bosses. Map design is far above 1/3/5, nearing 2, but unfortunately is lazily copy pasted.

5 was a mistake and best ignored.

Attached: the gang.png (263x169, 10.85K)

They're all boring garbage with cringe filled characters.

Just skip DMC1 and 2 and play 3 and go from there.
DMC1 is horribly outdated with bad control scheme and awful camera, dumb space harrier section. IDK hackiyma puts those in his games, along with other autism. DMC2 is horrible. DMC3 was the first good DMC game. Notice how DMC4 and 5 tried to copy the epic story of DMC 3 but failed in every way. DMC3Vergil 1.2. and 3 boss fights will always be the best boss fights in the series. also Credo sucks
that is all.

Thanks, I'm going to do the opposite of everything you said.

Play 1, forget the rest exists

DmC Devil May Cry has the most punching bag enemies and the bosses are fucking horrible. This is bait isnt it?

just play 3 and see if you like it

Where Switch HD collection?

Play the first one first then 3
But the HD collection isn't worth the current price whatsoever. But the pirated version doesn't work on my machine so I just emulate.

I played the first game and it was decent enough, not a great game or anything.
I played about an hour of the 2nd game and noped right out of the series. If the decline was so big so fast I dread to think how shit the 3rd game was.
I think it's just one of those series which was hipster to like in the early 2000's for goths and emos and it's legend survived from there.
Stay away bro.

Я твoй poт eбaл, выблядoк ты eбyчий

Any game is good honestly. It's a very loose story so you'll be lost regardless of where you start
DMC2 only takes like 3 hours to beat, so go for it just to say you've played it I guess
DMC3's PC port is trash but the HD Collection PC version is good, so just buy the Collection
I have no opinion on DMC: Devil May Cry

Attached: 1643553800601.png (417x408, 127.46K)

play the first game to get the gist of DMC/experience the peak atmosphere of the series

Then I'd say try 3 but desu you can skip all the way to 5 as its the best DMC by a mile

Attached: dmc1ss.jpg (1280x720, 656.05K)

>youtu.be/lcvw1E0Mcac
>mogged by crowbshit
Ohnonono
>coolest bosses
>infested tank
>infested chopper
JEJ

bros i've been replaying 3 and 4 plus 5 for the first time since it released over the last week. My arm really hurts from button mashing and for the last three days my deltoid in my right arm has been constantly twitching - am I going to die?

3 is the prequel of the series and of these games it is the best of them.

This

As someone who started playing this series for the first time on 2020 therefore avoiding any nostalgia and is playing 5 right now, you can (and should) start with 1. Not only is a very playable game but it's the base upon the entire series is built and one of the best games in the series.
DMC2 is... well, you can skip it if you want unless you're curious about one of the worst sequels of anything ever.

Attached: captura-4.jpg (1015x1129, 375.33K)

Yes, it's a good starting point. Play the first one. Just have in mind it's old, was made on a shoestring budget, and it's not all the series has to offer, but the rest build on top of it. Try the second one if you feel, but drop it whenever you want. The third one is the best in the collection, and improves on the first one while taking some things from the second one. If you liked it, try the fourth one, but have in mind that it's unfinished. They made a reboot after that which you can also try or skip. The fifth one takes the fourth one and does what the devs couldn't with it, plus what they wanted to do in other games, and some things from the reboot too.

It's a series filled with ups and downs but the ride is worth it.

Attached: TN6J3xB.jpg (400x400, 32.21K)

1 is like resident evil mixed with castlevania. It's good, it's much more of a standard action adventure game then the later entries, the style meter barely matters for ranking, it's based more on time and damage. The camera's fucked, but that's pretty standard for 3d action games, especially ones from 20 years ago
2 is genuinely one of the worst triple a games I have ever played
3 is where the series really comes into it's own. The combat system really opens up, there's a lot of crazy shit you can do. The enemy and boss roster is pretty weak though, a lot of them are either really boring or really annoying. By far the best story in the series, and my favourite in terms of general visual style. If you don't enjoy this one you probably just don't like dmc

Attached: 1643584259729.jpg (1000x1000, 516.91K)