Why does every fucking modern game have loot?

Its not remotely fun. Its complete and utter tedium and monotony that only appeals to people who play MMOs (the worst video game genre)

Attached: loot.png (1151x566, 647.54K)

shit take full cringe

What game?

Name one benefit of loot. Its just a huge waste of time. It only belongs in shit like Final Fantasy or MMMos so I can avoid it as I don't play rpg shit. It doesnt belong in action games.

Dying light 2

they have run out of new gameplay mechanics

games these days are made by people that have not played games for years

99% of people have gotten used to the shittiness over time

Blame people who think 1 USD = 1h of game time, even if that requires making the game artificially longer.

So they can sell you digital crap or take a cut when others sell crap, or even worse, a chance to get digital crap.
It's free money on their part and a good way to know you are playing a shitty game.

Because skinner boxes keep people 'engaged', which is a metric for time sunk into a game that replaced 'being good' or 'fun'
People don't want to get good at games anymore they want a number that steadily goes up so they can pretend they got better when really their char just has higher numbers associated with it

But dying light 2 is mostly a single player story game

Same rules apply

looting is fine in some genres but it became annoying indeed when every fucking game started adding them
no I don't want to click another 2 3 times every time I kill something to pick up shit. no I don't want to manage inventory. no I don't want to analyze numbers and compare sheeit. no I don't want to theorycraft, enhance, repair, remodel, buy and sell
fuck this pawn shop simulator I'm not a fucking merchant

>noooo I can't play Halo if I'm not constantly being jerked off by a loot box
I fucking hate zoomers so much it's unreal

AAA vidya has perfected the art of video games as an addiction and the formula demands the kind of incremental upgrades that come from these systems

But it doesnt work at all on me. It actively puts me off playing a game if it has loot as I fucking find it tedious not addictive

Devs are fine losing the 5% of old(er) school customers thinking like you to get their money from new sources.

Yeah it's annoying
It's a checkbox that automatically increase your player pool, it's sad people actually want that shit.

To inflate the amount of time it takes to beat the game. RPG elements do not belong in every single third/first person game.
I really dislike modern AAA games I don't understand how the average consumer keeps playing these games. They really feel like a chore to play to me.

I love that UI is so soulless that we need to ask what game is it. Somebody posts the graphic with 10+ games with exact same UI as this one.

Any game that recquires you to grind/loot/craft/manage is a chore to play. I don't have time for that. I want to either experience something original or play something that I know is straight to the point and based on skill and not some shit equipement that trivialize the game once you get it.

It’s a gimmick to make retards feel good, and only retards buy AAA garbage.
Simple as.

Attached: Assassins-Creed-Odyssey01252021-110608-17652[1].jpg (1920x1080, 379.12K)

It's easier to make assets than good mechanics, especially if you are a big uncreative corporate organization.

>appeals to people who play MMOs
youre getting warmer