Untitled

Attached: DF76841C-67B2-4436-9FA5-B91F3521D110.jpg (1242x722, 284.29K)

I personally hate the trope of a horror setting or horror elements being the result of a character's psychology, or "representations" of aspects of the character. It's fucking lame and gay. Just make it some supernatural evil shit.

This. Just give me a literal fucking ghost I want to fight actual demons not inner demons.

Silent hill was always about supernatural shit first. The first and third game are exclusively about the cult and their "gods".

I found the cult and gods thing to feel forced in
I liked the monster's and stuff but didn't like the cults

SH2 deserved better enemies. Everything else was kino, what a shame,

From my understand it was Alessa's nightmares and trauma unleashed into the real world by the cult.

Different things can co-exist at the same time, user.

What about if the inner manifestations demons were summoned by the literal demons to give each person their own personal hell?

>poorly thought out contrarian post that makes no sense
Explain how pic related isn't supernatural evil shit.

Attached: ValtielArt.png (574x975, 445.06K)

Because his post is responding to something about SH2. And thats a monster from SH3.

Silent hill is a combination of both

I wish it wasnt, i wish they made the series an anthology where they only share the town and its name.

as much as i hate the fartsniffers that play armchair psychologist with the silent hill franchise, i do like the idea of monsters being tied to a character's personal fears and insecurities. It would be better if they had a connection to the setting (the lying figure/condom man is just kinda everywhere for no reason where it could be more fitting if it was more common in the hospital with the nurses, considering they are both related to poor health). You wouldn't put fish everywhere where there was no water.

Lying figure is just mary in general so it makes sense that james encounters it everywhere. The nurses being in the town at night is bullshit tho

silent hill 2 really couldve used a few more monsters in general. mandarins are forever the meme monster of that game for being in literally one location and having zero purpose, but some more stuff could've been made, particularly in the prison/labyrinth segment

my mistake they are in a few locations, but they rarely do anything

In a lot of ways sh2 is a downgrade from 1 but damn 2s writing helps it a lot. 3 more enemies would have done 2 a lot of good

it really did. Everything else is great, but enemies are one of the most important things in survival horror

>damn 2s writing helps it a lot.
"The town made him stupid" isn't exactly good writing.

>Just make it some supernatural evil shit.
you are the gayest most falmboyant faggot since OP

3 fucking sucks

>The nurses being in the town at night is bullshit tho
They represent prostitutes

What was their problem?

Attached: Prisoner.jpg (697x518, 346.38K)

The other way to put it is that ALL horror is connected to people's psychology, but Silent Hill has to be pretentious and obnoxious about it.

I don't think Silent Hill is really all that pretentious or obnoxious. It's the fanbase that is insufferably pretentious and obnoxious and their existence has forever tainted the franchise.

I mostly agree. 1 is definitely a good mix of mysterious and open-ended without implying some grand deeper meaning.