In an interview with GamesRadar...

>In an interview with GamesRadar, Iizuka said that the critical failure of Sonic Forces forced the developers at Sonic Team to reconsider everything they’ve done, writing a plot in which Dr. Eggman finally took over the world, rehashing Classic Sonic, and restricting Sonic’s movements and expressions. Now with the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S on the market, they’re working on Sonic Frontiers from the ground up, reworking Sonic’s core movements and giving him new combat styles to suit the new open-world environment he’ll be running around in while making sure he’s better represented as the speedy blue hedgehog fans have known and loved for over 30 years.

>We focused on bringing Sonic to the next level and ensuring that he is fully represented as the character that fans know and love while making this new form exciting,” Iizuka said. “We pay extremely close attention to getting all the little Sonic details right to make sure that Sonic’s signature speed and characteristics remain consistent across every gaming iteration. With Sonic Frontiers, we’ll introduce new combat styles to bring Sonic’s signature dexterity onto the battlefield, and the new exploration options obviously play into his iconic speedy nature.”

Sonic Team has a history of experimenting with different gameplay styles for every Sonic game, and each style they try is either a hit or a miss. Based on Iizuka’s testimony on how the Sonic Frontiers’ development is going, they seem to be bringing their A-game.

Attached: download (1).jpg (300x168, 14.94K)

Soinc forces sold millions, how was it a failure.

It wasn't adventure 3 so people shat on it

The problem with forces is it didn't let me make rogue the bat as my race and give me a hip slider so I could improve upon her.

Attached: my wife.png (685x741, 475.44K)

>CRITICAL failure

How about show us real gameplay faggot

an american is writing this game
there is zero chance it will be good

>"writing a plot which Eggman *finally* took over the world
So Unleashed just doesn't exist, or?

Attached: angro.png (436x364, 361.89K)

Most those millions were after they gutted the price and put it in 2-pack bundles

Attached: sonic-forces-puyo-puyo-tetris-pack.jpg (1000x1500, 261.02K)

Forces was written by the Japanese, so was gens.

>Sonic team is once again experimenting with a brand new gameplay style
This can only end well

Attached: worry.png (285x271, 120.68K)

Doesnt change my statement.

dayum girl what that thang do

Is there even a PC port?

The leak said it had a Pokemon rangers style lasso attack right? I really can't see sonic team making competent melee combat with sonic

Are you actually defending forces

SONIC MANIA 2 you fucking faggots
>open world
another asscreed clone.

If only the Mania team didn't go too far.

Lol

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-162944_YouTube.jpg (1080x1737, 1021.25K)

Same reason RE6 was considered a failure, sold units but was panned.

There is no way that they can do open world sonic right. It’s going to suck.

Sonic Team legitimately seethed that they got outdone by baka gaijin

As much as I like Unleashed's story, I always found it a bit weird how Eggman finally achieving his dream of building Eggmanland isn't really acknowledged by anyone anywhere around the world outside of the heroes themselves actually going there, it being in its own isolated continent seemingly consisting of a wasteland and nothing else. Sure as fuck gave us a much better depiction of what a territory occupied by Eggman would actually look like than Forces, though.

A game selling but everyone hating it isn't really much of a success user
Sales don't equal enjoyment

>giving him new combat styles
sonic team combat is always bad.
this game will be awful too.

i sub to that guy too watch all his videos and bought a t-shirt

All the humans in that game laughed at his ass and didn't take him seriously.

Yes. Its a mediocre game at worst. People are acting as if it is the worst thing to grace the videogame industry. Hell there are even some people claiming that 06 is better then it. Its a boring game but it isn't deserving of half the hate it gets, There's also the fact that if you talk about it in a positive light at all you somehow anger the local sonicdrone hordes and any conversation you have will turn into a shitstorm

then give the player tasks to do in the worlds like Mario odyssey/Bowsers fury.

it would be so simple but they're too shit at game design to do it.

>while making sure he’s better represented as the speedy blue hedgehog fans have known and loved for over 30 years.
Kill yourself Iizuka

But I liked forces, it also has the only good Sonic song with lyrics.

I have no feelings of sympathy towards modern day sonic team

All the direction is there. You have an extremely vocal fanbase telling you what they want, but also making what they want in fan games and engines
You have games that have done well prior and have sold millions that are constantly praised and brought up
You have direct feedback on your previous titles that failed and again, a very active and vocal fanbase that will mod the games to fix the glaring issues

How is this not enough
What more do you need as a studio
You have all the information you could possibly ever need or even want when designing new games. You have a legacy IP to uphold. HOW are you STILL fucking it up? Genuinely. It's so fucking old at this point. I'm a classic fan turned sour. I like the 2d old games, I like the adventure games, I like colors and regular sonic's portions in unleashed, generations was really cool.
Who is allowing titles to be half baked and then released? It's been happening for more than a decade and a half at this point. You can fucking see when exactly the ball was dropped with 06 and even slightly before it was dropped completely with shadow edgehog and heroes lacking polish in a lot of areas

I can't do this shit anymore other sonic fans, just phone me if frontiers is even worth listening to the soundtrack or something

Attached: 20191224_072922.jpg (214x184, 32.23K)

I haven't played it but from what gameplay I've seen it has the most brain dead level "design" my 2 year old niece could come up with that consists of running on rails in a straight line 90% of the time.

noooo user you can't say that you're not allowed to have opinions you're only allowed to like s3&k mania and unleashed

These youtubers are annoying as fuck.

I’m worried about Sonics speed. They’re going have to balance it for this one

no chadow 2 no buy

I would be genuinely shocked if the majority of this games fans gave a shit about any character other than shiori. Best girl by far and caters to a drastically underserved fetish.