What did they mean by this

What did they mean by this

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-161104_Chrome.jpg (1080x1529, 490.05K)

probably wont have mindless grinding and better checkpoints

it means the 90's babies can't play an already easy game franchise.

What? are you stupid? Less stress means no blue smelter demon levels of run back to the boss

Attached: Smelter_Demon_(Iron_Passage)_-_01.jpg (603x880, 840.16K)

I really don't know what this fucking means. It has to be a mistranslation of a common Japanese term used in their game design.

My guess: It means they've reduced perceived "stress" by reducing how punishing it is to die, meaning you'll probably have even more bonfires, shorter/no bossruns and so on.

So the game isn’t going to be difficult anymore? Those things are what made souls games hard to begin with, the enemies were never difficult and are simon says tier

if you watch the interview, it means that there's more options for dealing with encounters. You have sekiro stealth mechanics, sleep arrows, stuff like that which increases player agency and means you don't have to fight everything head on.

It means they made it easier but they know their overrated shitty games live on the perception that they are oh so hard (they're not) to normalfags so they can't admit it.

Game journalist mode is selectable.

See your post highlights why the Souls games are a joke. You just straight up equated no change in boss difficulty but a straight up reduction in boring tedium of running back through areas as "easier".

You admit Souls games are just tedious, not difficult.

It means you can now emote /preggersmale during boss fights to avoid mid-combat triggering

Guess so, I mean they did specifically say they made the *enemies* not any easier, nothing about the levels.

I’m not saying that the games are hard, but I simply don’t believe people on Any Forums when 100% of people here say they beat guivr on their second try and never got hit. It gets obvious when every single one of you assholes lie about it. I wish we had analytics about how many players die to bosses.

So it'll focus on combat and not on "ha-ha fuck you" moments that waste the player's time.
To be fair, they fixed that in some of their games anyway.

>In our exclusive interview he elaborated on a mechanic introduced in Elden Ring. "Around every five or so deaths, an animation will play where the Tarnished will rest his or her head on Melina's lap, this will comfort the player and reduce anxiety"

Exactly, Souls games are the modern Ghouls and Ghosts, except Ghouls and Ghosts had better checkpoints

They're punishing, which encourages a cautious playstyle that enhances immersion. Zoomers cannot understand this, their brains are too dopamine fried.

bossruns were never hard
You can run to any boss in less than a minute from the last bonfire and pretty reliably dodge every enemy on the way.

this. The consequences of death are less/gone

Cope that you suck, it's really that simple. Dark Souls games are the epitome of retard filters. If you have the situational awareness of a horse fly the games are piss easy

NTA but you don't understand even basic game design.
The good Souls games give you a heavily limited amount of healing, meaning that the challenge isn't just individual combat encounters, but making it from one bonfire to the next while only being allowed a very limited amount of mistakes inbetween those two points.
That isn't just "tedium", it's using level design and healing systems as part of the challenge.
Removing those aspects from the games removes an entire intricate layer of game design, Souls games are more than just boss and trash mob encounters.