Do video games feel really lonely nowadays to anyone else or is it just me?

do video games feel really lonely nowadays to anyone else or is it just me?

>miss playing games with friends
>remember i used to go on xbox lobbies and everyone would have a mic and people would get in fights and funny shit happened
>people would make friends in lobbies and join parties
>used to play an mmo and everyone talked and knew each other and we all added each other on messengers and talked for years playing games together
>used to make friends just fishing and shit on runescape
>used to stay up all night talking to friends and we'd just hop on games
>now everything is set up to make everything anti social and a boring grind
>haven't played a game with anyone in years
>try playing an mmo now
>everything has a million people everywhere and you just say hi in an instance and that's it
>just see a thousand people running in every direction or afkers and everyone ignores you
>try playing an fps and everyone is quiet
>most discord servers are full of 15 year olds and ass holes
>now lobbies only have like 1 person talking and it's not even worth trying anymore so you just automatically mute everyone

maybe it's just me but everything feels more awkward and boring and it feels like games are really anti social now or only good if you already have a group of friends

Attached: 6B1A7EB5-5DAE-4039-B6F4-2E40172C15BB.jpg (900x900, 64.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gOovr8C_P6U?t=502
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Everyone's one Discord now. Discussions happen on Reddit. No one bothers typing ingame cus you get banned for the smallest shit. Voice com is dead cus zoomers are shy.

>zoomers are shy
that's cute

I'm one as well

youtu.be/gOovr8C_P6U?t=502

What the other guy said.
Also more people are wired and seek for online validation and groups since they're easier to maintain and move on from compared to real life where you have to constantly meet up, hang out and pay money for food/entertainment.
Families are also getting smaller due to lower birthrates, siblings moving or living away and parents are too busy or tired.

>most discord servers are full of 15 year olds and ass holes
Most lobbies were basically the same

wrong
and nobody behaved as poorly as you faggots do now

Everyone is shy but Microsoft gave out the microphone at first

The fuck do you mean every one was an asshole on lobbies or were some 12 year old getting screamed by his mom

Emplemon is right, but I think there is more to it. I remember making more friends with strangers online when I was younger than now.
I think it's because as you get older, people tend to lose interest in wanting to invest in developing relationships with other people. I can at least speak for myself.
And I think the age demographic for people who play games has expanded to older, kids still play, but more and more older people now play video games as a primary hobby.

Zoomers and late millennials grew up in a world where you don't have to meet new people you can just interact with the same people your whole life via social media

So zoomers bring their friends into games with discord, they don't use them to make new ones. Only older people go into social situations thinking they can make new relationships. When I'm at work all the younger people have headphones on and never talk so I talk to the oldfags

To add to your statement games to today also try limit player interaction as much as possible to avoid toxicity most mp games today barely let you talk to the other team also you get banned over the slightest shit

>Zoomers and late millennials grew up in a world where you don't have to meet new people you can just interact with the same people your whole life via social media
This. I'm a teacher and I see a large percentage of my students completely isolated from the world around them by their own choice. Neck down at their cell phone, airpods in. Only when I get after them and we start class do they, momentarily, look up. It's quite sad. I know it's different for them but I feel for some, despite being on their social media of choice 95% of the time they are soulless and uninterested and lonely. Everybody is in their own little algorithm designed to keep the dopamine hits coming.

Attached: 1424130759871.png (891x695, 1M)

Most of that sounds like a you problem, but a lot of new games are taken so seriously that it means more to play on the competitive side than to play for the sake of having a fun pressure-free time.

i used to have more fun when i played on xbox live and shit

I'll bite, cause I kinda feel similar.
>only get internet in 2004
>favorite games I played as a kid were Myth and Quake 2
>google search for communities and there are people still playing these
>join forums, ask questions, be respectable
>there's set hour and days of the week to play
>I log in at the time play games, learn how everything works, meet people, make friends
>same people discuss shit on the forums, everything from literature and philosophy to politics and personal lives
>no hot takes, no shitposting, actual discussions, without memes and shit
>some people you vibe with, others you hate, but everyone is respectful
>mods do their job properly, so there's no drama
Fast forward till now
>be part of a few discord channels all made up of people I know IRL
>mostly normies, play normies shit that is popular, then move to the next thing
>criticizing anything is frowned upon
>people just play whatever and then move on to the next thing
>noone has a passion for anything, just consumer trash-tier interactions
>all these people roam the nostalgia zone of old days, but when I try suggesting playing those games, they aren't inerested
>nobody want's to play Quake, Worms or Need for Speed
>nobody want's to play anything hard or competitive
>logged in to my regular discord today and dudes were playing fucking Rainbow Shit Something that just came out
>they don't want to hear about playing Athena Sword
I had this itch recently to play something with muskets. There's a few games with active communities, but I can't force myself to try to be a member of those. I feel like interacting with strangers online nowadays is awkward. It used to be that everyone you met was at least a passionate gamer, but now most people are normies for lack of a better word. I think discord did some severe damage here. It's so effortless that it draws all the wrong people in. I miss the times when you had to prove yourself to the community to get a teamspeak invite.

>no hot takes, no shitposting, actual discussions, without memes and shit
>some people you vibe with, others you hate, but everyone is respectful
>mods do their job properly, so there's no drama
whew, idk why Any Forums sucks so hard though

if you didn't make your friends in the 00s at the latest you're shit outta luck
your best hope is coworkers or forever alone /vg/ers. God rest your soul if you go to reddit for groups

society has collpased.

Old source games are like a portal to 15 years ago community wise. Everyone still playing CS:S, Day of Defeat and oldschool style TF2 mods act just like the players that played them on release

>VRCHAT
>Be me playing around as the prince from katamari
>Decide to interact with everyone
>Head to a public lobby
>A fuckton of people using anime models
>Kids lots of fucking kids
>Shitty memes
>Zoomers
>Eboy and egirls dating on fucking vrchat
>Instantly get the feel that a vr headset is a waste and you want to feel like you want to end it all
Fucking hell I don't think we are ready for technology at all

Attached: nUQI7g1.jpg (1280x720, 50.12K)

>Instantly get the feel that a vr headset is a waste
we told you it was a waste of money, bro

Yes, because life has lost meaning to a lot of people and they don't bother interacting when they have a smartphone or discord servers. It's not even a boomer/zoomer thing when even people my age don't bother talking to each other anymore. I feel like life has become infinitely more complicated than it should be.

It's astonishing how hard it is to actually have a conversation with strangers in VRchat. My friend convinced me to try it out, but whenever I tried to talk with other users they either gave nonsensical meme-y responses or ignored me in favor of someone they were trying to ERP with. Most people did nothing but stare off into space, it was like being in a special ed classroom.