The year is 2022

>The year is 2022
>There are still no good PS2 emulators
>Your choices are either Play (shitty emulator) or pic related (the worst emulator ever made)
It's disgusting honestly. If the fucking PS3 can get a decent emulator, then why can't PS2 get the same treatment?

Attached: 1626127647642.png (500x323, 44.2K)

crbyboy gonna cry?

PCSX2nigger gonna seethe? It's not my fault this emulator is a piece of garbage that can't even run Jak & Daxter at 30 FPS LMAO

Works fine for me.

>UHHHHHH WORKS FINE FOR ME BRO
>ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS FUCK WITH ALL THESE SETTINGS TO GET THIS ONE GAME YOU WANNA PLAY WORKING AND YOU'RE TOTALLY GOOD TO GO
>WAIT WHAT, NOW YOUR HAVING PROBLEMS WITH A DIFFERENT GAME??? UHH JUST CHANGE THE SETTINGS BRO
>JUST KEEP CHANGING THE SETTINGS EVERYTIME YOU START UP A NEW GAME
>OOGA BOOGA IM A NIGGA
kill yourself mammal

Attached: 1612650692385.jpg (500x279, 22.91K)

There are a lot of worse emulators
From shit with horrible interfaces like ssf to shit being worked for literally 20 years like pj64 to retarded paid emus (pj64)

Hows Valkyrie Profile 2 these days?

So I have to tweak some settings. So what? I'm only running one game at a time anyway.

The best way to play PS2 games right now is still on the original hardware. Buy a PS2. They aren't hard to find or expensive because they made billions of them. Get Free McBoot so you can play downloaded roms and mods. And if you're bummed out because you can't play Klonoa 2 in 4k this way, well I'm sorry but that isn't how the game was meant to be played and it doesn't look good anyway.

>he only plays one game at a time
Nigga I ain't got no time to lose

>it's this thread again
You have a serious mental illness. Talk to the doctor and take your meds.

>native res
hard pass

>shit being worked for literally 20 years
Literally this emulator. This piece of shit has been in development since 2002 and is approaching it's 20th anniversary in march, and yet they STILL have yet to make any improvements whatsoever. The Ratchet & Clank trilogy still has tons of graphical issues and runs like shit, Ace Combat is completely fucked, and there still isn't an option to have multiple configs for different games. And yet PCSX2niggers like will defend this. NO GOOD EMULATOR SHOULD MAKE YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE SETTINGS FOR EACH SEPERATE GAME. NO GOOD EMULATOR SHOULD HAVE BEEN DEVELOPMENT FOR 20 YEARS AND STILL BE COMPLETE FUCKING GARBAGE. FUCK THESE INCOMPETENT PIECE OF SHIT DEVS WHO SIT AROUND ALL DAY TWIDDLING THEIR THUMBS AND FIXING MAYBE ONE BUG A DAY WHILE ALSO INTRODUCING DOZENS OF NEW ONES, I HATE THEM SO GODDAMN MUCH.
I already own a real PS2
Fuck off self projecting faggot, go back to the PCSX2 forums and keep licking the boots of the faggot devs.

Attached: 1623326708467.gif (328x317, 550.56K)

Lie
Most if not all games dont run in non native resolution. you aint playing shit

>This post paid for by FreeMcBoot™

If you think you can do a better job of reimplementing the Emotion Engine in software then go ahead you fucking dumbass kek

Oh look it's the
>I tried PCSX2 10 years ago when it was shit and haven't touched it since
thread for the gorillionth time

>Oh, your complaining about how these retards don't know how to do this thing?? >Uhh... let's see if you can do a better job heh heh i owned you
fuck off
I use latest dev builds and the games still run like fucking garbage

What games? I'm going to try this out myself and see if my piece of shit PC can play them.

It's decent.
It's full of graphical glithces and other shit, but it's decend.
Many games are playable (with issues of varying size) but it can't hold a cande to an amazing emulator such as Mednafen/Beetle PSX.
I still think that pcsx2 is better than epsxe.
Epsxe couldn't even do correct aspect ratios with it's best Petes/Peops plugins.

why the fuck do we have this thread every day

Instead of complaining on Any Forums learn to code and contribute to the project. If you don't like the direction they're taking fork it and maintain your own. Nothing is stopping you save your own incompetence, it's open source you can do anything you want with it.

>"HURR DURR DURR WHY DON'T CAR MANUFACTURERS JUST MAKE AUTOPILOT THAT'S LITERALLY PERFECT"
>Because that's an extremely tall ask
>"UHHHHHH WTF DO YOU MEAN I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT HURR DURR DURR"
Retard

>The Ratchet & Clank trilogy still has tons of graphical issues and runs like shit
Furry trash
>Ace Combat is completely fucked
Who gives a shit about boring ass plane simulators? Are you like, 50 years old? Get some fucking taste lmao

Try out Ratchet & Clank, that was the last game i played on this emulator and it ran like fucking garbage.

Attached: 1627024925329.jpg (798x466, 85.49K)

Bot thread, hide and move on.

All the games worth a shit are playable or have HD ports on PC who cares

>owning hardware
i'll see you on ebay ((((for parts/repair))) in the next year when the disc drives and capacitors reach their EOL and start to litterally melt and fucking explode into toxic gasses

I'm not saying they need to make it perfect PCSX2nigger, i'm just saying they need to make it functional, which these fucks aren't capable of doing
>586981781
not falling for this bait, kill yourself
fuck off shill

>HD ports
Lmao enjoy your soulless slop shiteater.

Not bait. Those "games" are certified trash.

It's a lot better after the vulkan update, but no per game profiles for an emulator that's so reliant on them and when most other mainstream emulators have them is embarrasing.

I'm still going to try, but if I remember correctly, isn't that game in particular hard to emulate to begin with?

>ps2
>diskdrives
Lol you stupid fuck just stream your games with ethenet using FreeMCBoot.

PCSX2 is already functional.

I'm sorry to fall back to this position that might border on strawman, but make a better emulator if you hate it so much. People hated project 64 for the loingest time, but since there weren't any competitors, it was all we had for N64 emulation. Now we have mupen and parallel, and so there's now a powerful basis for criticisms against Project 64. When competition catches up to, and surpasses PcSX2, then complaints will be completely valid. As is, people are just screaming into the wind without actually effecting change for themselves.

What are your favorite PS2 games?
>inb4 it's obscure jap shit
Every fucking game on this piece of shit is a bitch to emulate
L O L M A O

Attached: 1617347897298.jpg (1250x854, 89.57K)

>L O L M A O
Most of the games I've played on it work with minor issues at worst.

This.

You want better PS2 emulation? Fucking make an a real emulator

The irony, one of those games you're bitching about not being playable is obscure japshit unless you're a different person lmao and nobody gives a fuck about mascot platformers that shit is outdated 90s shit

>they need to make it functional, which these fucks aren't capable of doing
How do you think emulation works, jackass?
Without emulating the EE down to the fucking transistor level, -everything- will always need specific workarounds that fix one game and break another. You legitimately don't have any idea how complex the PS2's architecture is, even developers with swaths of official documentation, direct first-party support from the engineers and official development hardware and software struggled to utilize the hardware properly.

The download is going to take an hour or two because of my shitty third world internet, but I'll certainly report back my findings.

ace combat and ratchshit arent worth fixing cope

emulator settings > speedhacks > EE cyclerate -1 and enable vulkan if you use AMD
you're welcome

>t. PCSX2 dev who must lie and defend his shitty emulator at all cost
Ace Combat isn't obscure japshit you newfag, pic related
I'm sure whatever obscure chink shit you play isn't worth fixing either LMAO
shouldn't have to change my settings just to maybe get a game running fuck off

Attached: 1614339380250.jpg (2107x2107, 449.16K)

Just get a PS2 and a DVD burner. You don’t even need FreeMCBoot anymore. Alternatively you can get a phat PS2 and do a hard drive mod.

>Pretends the post calling his bullshit out doesn't exist
kek

It can play the only game worth playing in that shitty console so who cares

Attached: 20071202355_1[1].jpg (500x707, 73.18K)

>shouldn't have to change my settings just to maybe get a game running fuck off
You usually have to do this in any game outside of PCSX2, why does that make it any different? Its only 1-2 settings too so its not like it takes more than a minute.

You can also load games over ethernet if you've got a slim model.

Attached: bait.png (1498x1119, 277.6K)

It was absolute garbage until I gave up and played it on RPCS3, but it seems a lot better on the most recent dev builds

Attached: 5.png (1282x752, 1.63M)

>worst emulator in existence
>works just marginally worse than dolphin

What post retard? Are you talking about the post made by the dev that made the bullshit claim that all the games run with minor issues?
That's still one minute i'm wasting just to get the game functioning, fuck off and stop defending this piece of shit
It's maybe slightly better than it was in the past but it's still garbage, don't listen to shills who tell you otherwise

Tranime weebs are fucking pathetic, lmao. This is what AAA sales look like not your wimpy two dozen sales from a shit series why even play that when they can get simulation much better from gta5 lmao.

Attached: gta sales.jpg (384x100, 26.75K)