Zoomers... we need to talk

Attached: 1643555749508.png (673x538, 109.14K)

that's not an RPG dungeon, retard

Alright kiddo, not going to be talked down to by a convenience store worker and r/antiwork subscriber.

a big improvement

Pic-related is the map of just one part of a dungeon from a JRPG from 1996. What's your argument now?

Attached: south_shrine_b1.png (260x260, 61.58K)

Yeah man it was zoomers who did this

thats pacman

which game on the left?

Doom. OP is a faggot so let's talk about that game instead.

Doom

Looks tedious.

it happened exactly in 2000 after deus ex
suddenly complex levels were considered bad game design and every map designer made linear sausage levels

Ooh, is this the "let's all shit on Sandy's maps again" thread?

Attached: sandydickpetersen.png (635x474, 478.04K)

it was actually tech giants who raised zoomers to have low attention spans. Now if you tell a zoomer to put down the social media screen they screech

Feel free to present a single instance of right in a real game made recently.

>focus is on the combat
>no needless backtracking or time getting lost
This is a good thing for a first person shooter. You're playing to shoot things. Not collect treasure.

but what if both

Attached: 1643129614681.png (600x900, 855.49K)

Sandy himself said his levels were highly experimental since they were the precursors of fps map designs (let's face it, wolf3d levels are closer to a SMT dungeon than anything). I'd say his levels are p good for its exploration potential alone and I prefer them over American's levels

Woah... Artificial difficulty mazes.

I like Sandy don't get me wrong, but don't tell me you wouldn't look at him sideways for Slough of Despair

have fun, now stop being annoying

Attached: png-clipart-round-black-maze-illustration-mazes-puzzle-drawing-labyrinth-game-symmetry.png (900x900, 112.91K)

>"FPS GAMES ARE ABOUT SPEEEEED!!!"
>Doom 2016 and Eternal focus on speed
>"WAIT NO, IT'S ABOUT EXPLORATION!!!!"

I actually like za hando

the 2 technically coexist because good level design includes creative enemy counters
specially if enemies are supposed to be diverse and have some fill unique roles
>"muh ai"
is a fucking meme and not even "git gud" posters want to face a computer program smarter than them