Why has there never been a good Evangelion game?

Why has there never been a good Evangelion game?

Attached: Eva-01_holding_Kaworu_(NGE).png (640x480, 257.15K)

Just following the example of the source material.

Why do people make this thread all the time? Eva 64 IS good.

it IS not

Because EVA was never about the mech battles. I am surprised there hasn't been a generic fighting game but beyond that not at all surprised that most games are narrative dating sims.

Actual Autistic Reason : Because Evangelion is a show about Shinji and his refusal to choose even when he has a choice to make. This is counter-intuitive to video games as video games are about the player's agency and ability to choose. This means any video game about Evangelion will just not feel how Evangelion felt.

Attached: 640990.jpg (800x1140, 197.99K)

how would you make a game mainly about about mentally ill teenagers yelling at each other

especially if it's not just a VN

fpbp

can I skip the first game

>refusal to choose even when he has a choice to make. This is counter-intuitive to video games as video games are about the player's agency and ability to choose.
Literally the ending of Danganronpa V3

Attached: among-us-switch-hero.jpg (1920x1080, 134.71K)

>why has no one made a good game for an overrated anime?
I couldn't tell you user.

Of every single Metal Gear in existence, MGS2 is the one that relies on your knowledge of the last game the most, to a meta degree. So not really, but you can finish MGS1 in like five hours if you really want to.

The only thing redeeming Eva (Asuka) was dropped because the writer couldn't get Asukas voice actress to give him puss.
Remember that.

Evangelion has to be good first.

Isn't that every game with voice chat?

Marathon

>I am surprised there hasn't been a generic fighting game
There was, although it was more like Smash than Street Fighter.

ok cuck

Attached: smug misato.jpg (600x599, 33.93K)

Because you can't turn a surreal, dark show with complex characters, into a video game.

Play it, try to emulate it on a potato PC if needed, but don't ever ask that kind of question.
Even if you hate Kojima and his other stuff, the 1st game (and 3 to some degree) is universally praised for good reasons. Experience the beauty.

Also this,

fpbp

Don't the Asuka and Rei raising sims h-scenes?

I never played the Persona game, but maybe they can insert that kind of elements into it?

/thread